"Open" ticket after Constellation rerouted

jp45atcc

Singapore Airlines is offering an "open ticket" for the Singapore flight I missed when Celebrity Constellation was rerouted from Thailand and Singapore.  I don't have a clue how this works, and the Airline is so swamped that calling is a challenge.  Does this mean the ticket FROM Singapore, which I no longer need,  is replaced with a ticket from Singapore?.  Or can I use the ticket on any Singapore Airlines route?  I've gotten no documentation yet, and I hope I don't have to start all over with this matter.  Guidance appreciated.

It is difficult to tell you the way Singapore Airlines will handle.   Generally when I had an Open Ticket it was valid for one year.   Depending on airlines and the reason for issuing one could be open for the dollar amount on any destination on others the origin and destination could not be changed.

If you booked directly with SQ you should contact them for clarity if an Agent you will need to go through your agent to determine the rules you will have to follow.

Years ago an open ticket had a specific dollar value.  Could be used on the issuing airline or partners and expired in one year.  The fare class letter on your ticket will give the rules.

I would try their website to see if the rules could be posted there (LOL) or send them an email. Also with the ticket info an internet search.

Their partner airlines I think are all foreign. 😥