Upgrade 2 people to 3 person cabin?

Anyone have any luck upgrading two people into a cabin designated for 3?

We currently have 2 cabins on Deck 8 (3 people balcony and 2 person interior), and with recent price drops, upgrading the 3 person to a spa balcony would cost $80 than I originally booked for.

However, there are no spa cabins for 2 available at all.  Looking at availability for 3-4, there are at least 17 balcony cabins, and 3 interior spa cabins, available.  We'd like one of those interior spa cabins.  And, those interior cabins are 2 twin/king bed and a trundle bed for the third person.

So, has anyone had luck getting them to give a cabin listed for 3 to two people?

I called and upgraded from a balcony to a 3-person Ocean Suite. The Carnival rep did tell me that if needed, Carnival could "boot" me if a party with 3 people requested a suite. They would have had to move me to a similar accommodation, but they "could" move me if needed. I think most - if not all - of the suites on my cruise in September are sold out, so I'm not too worried that we'll get booted.

I upgraded 3 regular balconies with 2 people in each to 3 spa cabins that slept 3 in December on the Breeze. The agent said she had to tell me there’s a slight chance we could get moved but since there wasn’t any other spa cabins that slept 2 open I didn’t worry about it and we were never moved.

36 minutes ago, tandemcruzr said:

What does this mean and why?

"Your content will need to be approved by a moderator"

It happened to both coevan & I. It went away on its own after I had made a couple of posts. I have no idea.

1 hour ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I don’t understand your question. We paid the 2 person rate but occupied cabins that could sleep 3.

I'm trying to figure out what the rate would be before calling my TA, who would then have to call carnival while I wait on hold. If it would be too much, I won't bother calling. The negative of having a TA, but worth the perks. 

Anyway,  if I do a mock booking for 3, I'll get a rate for 3 people with the price breakdown. Passengers 1 and 2 will have the same price, but the 3rd will be a lot less.  Can I assume the rate for passengers 1 and 2 is what I would pay, or would it be a different rate - and therefore i have to call to find out the rate for 2?

16 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

I'm trying to figure out what the rate would be before calling my TA, who would then have to call carnival while I wait on hold. If it would be too much, I won't bother calling. The negative of having a TA, but worth the perks. 

Anyway,  if I do a mock booking for 3, I'll get a rate for 3 people with the price breakdown. Passengers 1 and 2 will have the same price, but the 3rd will be a lot less.  Can I assume the rate for passengers 1 and 2 is what I would pay, or would it be a different rate - and therefore i have to call to find out the rate for 2?

No I wouldn’t assume the rate for passengers one and two in a 3 person mock booking to be the same price as a mock booking for 2 so yes you should do a mock booking for 2 to see the rate you’d get for 2.

38 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

No I wouldn’t assume the rate for passengers one and two in a 3 person mock booking to be the same price as a mock booking for 2 so yes you should do a mock booking for 2 to see the rate you’d get for 2.

That's the problem. I can't do a mock booking for 2 because there are no spa cabins for 2. Though there are about 16 spa cabins for 3 (interior and balcony combined).

18 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

That's the problem. I can't do a mock booking for 2 because there are no spa cabins for 2. Though there are about 16 spa cabins for 3 (interior and balcony combined).

Ok now I get it. When we upgraded they had sent us an upgrade offer for one cabin and I called and said I wanted to upgrade all three and they were ok with that. I guess you’ll have to have your TA call and see if they’ll let both cabins upgrade. I’d think they’d let you do it if they’ve got 16 left. And that’s the only way you’ll know the price.