Pig and Anchor No Upcharge Horizon

Elaine5715

It is free for lunch and it's not very good BBQ so I wouldn't bother with dinner.  I definitely wouldn't pay extra for it.  No smoke flavor at all on the Sunrise last week so only tried it once and ended up getting the pasta from the Italian restaurant after a few bites of bad BBQ.  

2 hours ago, Drinal01 said:

Ok.  Color me confused.   On Vista I thought Pig and Anchor was a free option?   Is it different per ship?   Only free for lunch like some others?  Is it ala carte for dinner?

Pig & Anchor BBQ served from the station outside on deck 5 is free for lunch. Pig & Anchor Smokehouse/Brewhouse is a pay-for dinner option.

Lunch was ok. I found the brisket to be too salty but the pulled pork was good.

the ribs at dinner were really yummy. Wish they had been free for me but the upcharge wasn’t bad.

We went twice for dinner. It was never packed when we went but I can see where free would change that as seating is limited.

On Panorama in Jan, it was free for lunch + pretty much standard bbq(good, not spectacular). At dinner, it was pay, but you only pay a slight premium not the retail value of the dinner. IMO, the dinner was MORE than worth the slight fee + it was delicious! And it's done ala carte, like Bonsai Sushi, which is ALSO well worth the slight fee.

9 hours ago, Drinal01 said:

Ok.  Color me confused.   On Vista I thought Pig and Anchor was a free option?   Is it different per ship?   Only free for lunch like some others?  Is it ala carte for dinner?

The OP is talking about the Smokehouse/Brewhouse, which is the Red Frog Pub on Vista. 

15 hours ago, jdemps said:

It is free for lunch and it's not very good BBQ so I wouldn't bother with dinner.  I definitely wouldn't pay extra for it.  No smoke flavor at all on the Sunrise last week so only tried it once and ended up getting the pasta from the Italian restaurant after a few bites of bad BBQ.  

Was on the Horizon last week and it was the best food on the ship

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jdemps said:

I quite enjoyed the BBQ when I had it. 

So I am slightly more awake now than when I posted but I went back and looked.

I see GUY'S PIG & ANCHOR BAR-B-QUE is open for lunch.  No mention of dinner.  Is this ala carte dinner time or just a flat fee?

3 minutes ago, Drinal01 said:

I see GUY'S PIG & ANCHOR BAR-B-QUE is open for lunch.  No mention of dinner.  Is this ala carte dinner time or just a flat fee?

You have to know which ship you are talking about. The BBQ stand outside on some ships (which is Guy's Pig and Anchor) is only open for lunch on embarkation day and sea days. It is free. There is no dinner.

Horizon and Panorama (probably upcoming ships also) have replaced the sit down Red Frog Pub (NOT the Red Frog Rum Bar outside, but the full service sit down bar and pub inside) with the Guys Pig and Anchor Smokehouse - which is where the brewery is. i.e., there is no Red Frog Pub on Horizon or Panorama. There is instead a full service Guy's BBQ sit down venue. Free at lunch. Charges for dinner in similar fashion as JiJis and Cucina on other ships that have those. But apparently must be testing a free dinner option.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Drinal01 said:

I answered you in post #5.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mnp75 said:

I'll be on the Horizon in a couple weeks, can't wait! I would love some free BBQ for dinner. Hate that it replaces the Red Frog Pub. 

I liked the drink menu much better in the Red Frog Pub and the food better in the Pig and Anchor

14 hours ago, amyotravel said:

You have to know which ship you are talking about. The BBQ stand outside on some ships (which is Guy's Pig and Anchor) is only open for lunch on embarkation day and sea days. It is free. There is no dinner.

Horizon and Panorama (probably upcoming ships also) have replaced the sit down Red Frog Pub (NOT the Red Frog Rum Bar outside, but the full service sit down bar and pub inside) with the Guys Pig and Anchor Smokehouse - which is where the brewery is. i.e., there is no Red Frog Pub on Horizon or Panorama. There is instead a full service Guy's BBQ sit down venue. Free at lunch. Charges for dinner in similar fashion as JiJis and Cucina on other ships that have those. But apparently must be testing a free dinner option.

Thank you!   Now it is clear.  Much apprecaited.