Deck 4 suites on Silver Spirit

G2G

I know its subjective, but does anyone have experience of the suites on deck 4 of Silver Spirit? I am considering booking 409, but I am concerned that it may be noisy due to proximity to dining area. Are the rooms dark? I usually stay in Veranda suites, which I never use, but I do love the light they bring to the room.

I would really appreciate any information from people who have had a room on deck 4. Thank you

We have taken 3 voyages on deck 4 and, coincidentally, have 409 booked for later in the year. 

There is no issue at all with the dining room because it cannot be accessed from the suite corridor (well, it can, but nobody does). 

The windows are large and let in plenty of light. The suites are otherwise identical to veranda suites. 

If, like us, you find no benefit in having a veranda then the Vistas make so much economic sense. 

Edited by Tothesunset

On our first SS cruise we met a couple who explained they always booked the least expensive suites on SS. The service was the same but the price savings meant they could cruise about 20% more for the same amount of money. 

Our first cruise we had a balcony suite in the bow on deck 5. It was fine but rocky. And a long walk from things. 

Moving to deck 4 actually gave us 'more' room in the suite since you don't have to leave room to walk out to the balcony. We'd permanently set up our table and chairs in front of the window and enjoy our suite fully.

Being more mid-ships, we found we had less of a walk to get places. In mild seas, there were guests who would comment on the motion but we were saved that as well. In rough seas, you only want to be down low! 

We've used this strategy on the Shadow, Whisper, Wind, and Spirit. On the Spirit, being able to duck out the 'back' door of the dining room to get a sweater or camera from the cabin, or to go 'home' that way after dinner when the ship was rocking was an additional advantage to being on that deck. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CanadianKate said:

On our first SS cruise we met a couple who explained they always booked the least expensive suites on SS. The service was the same but the price savings meant they could cruise about 20% more for the same amount of money. 

Our first cruise we had a balcony suite in the bow on deck 5. It was fine but rocky. And a long walk from things. 

Moving to deck 4 actually gave us 'more' room in the suite since you don't have to leave room to walk out to the balcony. We'd permanently set up our table and chairs in front of the window and enjoy our suite fully.

Being more mid-ships, we found we had less of a walk to get places. In mild seas, there were guests who would comment on the motion but we were saved that as well. In rough seas, you only want to be down low! 

We've used this strategy on the Shadow, Whisper, Wind, and Spirit. On the Spirit, being able to duck out the 'back' door of the dining room to get a sweater or camera from the cabin, or to go 'home' that way after dinner when the ship was rocking was an additional advantage to being on that deck. 

Thank you Kate, I feel very reassured now. I was able to book for a great price and a no solo supplement, so i'm really happy.

🙂

• Like 2

We have recently booked 410 on the Spirit for next year.
Again, we normally have a verandah but it rarely got used so we ‘downgraded’ (for want of a better word).

It seems it is the same as a veranda suite but it’s £2000 pp cheaper .... which is one hell of a saving 😀

16 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

We have recently booked 410 on the Spirit for next year.
Again, we normally have a verandah but it rarely got used so we ‘downgraded’ (for want of a better word).

It seems it is the same as a veranda suite but it’s £2000 pp cheaper .... which is one hell of a saving 😀

My thoughts exactly. If the weather is good on a sea day, I'm on deck and when in port I'm off the ship. 

I'm pleased people have given such positive feedback and delighted by the saving 😀