Can shore excursions be booked entirely by third parties

I have been waiting for months for the Tracy Arm Fjord Glacier Explorer excursion for my July sailing.  I e-mailed the private vendor 2 months ago inquiring about it and they told me that NCL reserved all the spots. 10 days ago I called NCL and was told the ship had all spots available, she did not know why it was not showing up to book yet and neither did the supervisor.  The supervisor was going to investigate further, she would book it for me and call me to let me know.  That never happened.  I called today to inquire and they said the excursion is completely sold out. I asked how can that be if it never showed available  and was it booked by a private charter, she could not tell.  I asked to have a supervisor call me.  I'm sure that is not happening.  I am furious!  Has this happened to anyone else before?  Is this normal or an NCL thing only?

That is a really popular excursion so it's very possible that it was all booked up before you even saw it on the site, or a large group managed to snag all the spots.

Best I can say is try to book right away when onboard, most excursions keep some open spots just for that reason.

1 hour ago, disneylover89 said:

I checked the APP multiple times a day, (that is how much I wanted to go on it) it never made it to the public.  The NCL rep  said all 80 spots are sold out so it will not be available on board either.

I there are only 80 spots it could have sold out within 30 minutes. Keep watching they may add another vessel .