Cruises in the near future - Contingency plans?

LisaLisa87

4 minutes ago, EBRB said:

Carnival just did. See posts above.

Nope, they didn't go as far as Viking...you need to compare both statements, and read the small print! 😉

Granted, Carnival are offering more than NCL are right now....I'll give you that.

22 hours ago, LinnieRed said:

We JUST booked a cruise for March 29 leaving from NOLA. This is a replacement for a trip to Europe that we had to cancel due to one of us being unable to fly currently. 
we have zero intention of canceling. Unless NCL does not sail we are on that ship! I don’t even care if we don’t go to any ports. 

We are scheduled to leave N Y on the Star Transatlantic. on April9th If the ship goes as planned we will be on it. Most likely ports will be missed but  we really want to get to Southampton. As a retired nurse I am not concerned with getting sick. But will be travelling with all the supplies and meds we need .   Wipes, etc.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hamrag said:

Nope, they didn't go as far as Viking...you need to compare both statements, and read the small print! 😉

Granted, Carnival are offering more than NCL are right now....I'll give you that.

Sorry. Didn’t mean they were identical but it’s pretty huge and I’d take them up on it in a heartbeat.

8 minutes ago, EBRB said:

Sorry. Didn’t mean they were identical but it’s pretty huge and I’d take them up on it in a heartbeat.

The problem is those with independent air travel are stuffed....because the cruise has not been cancelled, that cannot be claimed on travel insurance. In our case, we have about £3500 'invested' in our premium economy flights!

3 hours ago, MrMike45 said:

You can't compare what a private company (Viking) 1/10th the size and a publicly traded company (NCL) do.  Now if Carnival or Royal offered the same deal as Viking, and NCL did not...different story.  But to my knowledge, none of them are offering this type of cancel/rebook possibility currently

both carnival and royal just did.  

We get it. Whether you’re already booked on a cruise, or are thinking about it, we want you to Cruise with Confidence. That’s why Royal Caribbean will let you cancel any cruise that sets sail from now through July 31, 2020. Whether it’s a booking you already have or one you make right now, you’re covered. As long as you cancel at least 48 hours before you set sail, you’ll receive a Future Cruise Credit. The credit can be used toward any cruise that sets sail through December 31, 2021.

6 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Really?

I am pretty surprised, honestly. Carnival has had their new policy posted since early this morning and RCL followed right after. Wonder what the hold up is for NCL. Seems to me like they will have to cave.

4 minutes ago, Freckles_51 said:

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place but I don't see anything on the cruise lines' web sites (CCL, RCCL) about OBC for those that do not cancel. Link please?

I haven't checked Carnival's site for the official policy, but it was outlined in this article:

https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-changes-cancellation-policy-offers-on-board-credit/

Here's another article about it:

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-carnival-cruise-offer-onboard-credit-keep-booking-2020-3

Edited by JamieLogical

4 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I am now hoping NCL implements the same policy as Carnival so I can get $200 of OBC for both legs of my B2B and a real shot at a room upgrade with all the cancellations that will be happening!

I’m happy with what NCL is offering since we’re leaning toward canceling, but unless I’m missing it, no mention of OBC for those who choose to sail. 😢