Temporary Cancellation Policy Announced

idahospud

I found this article pretty interesting. “In particular, we cannot predict the impact on our financial performance and our cash flows required for cash refunds of deposits as a result of the pause in our global fleet cruise operations, which may be prolonged, and the public’s concern regarding the health and safety of travel, especially by cruise ship, and related decreases in demand for travel and cruising.”

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/carnival-sells-8-percent-stake-173028049.html

I also found this inane:

"We cannot predict how long the negative impact of recent media attention on our brands will last, or the level of investment that will be required to address the concerns of potential travelers through marketing and pricing actions.”

Marketing and Pricing actions? If they want me to cruise again they'd better be doing cleaning and sanitation actions, not marketing and pricing. I'd rather pay more and get a clean and safe cruise than get a deal and get sick or die. 

9 hours ago, ClwtrBoi said:

Marketing and Pricing actions? If they want me to cruise again they'd better be doing cleaning and sanitation actions, not marketing and pricing. I'd rather pay more and get a clean and safe cruise than get a deal and get sick or die. 

No matter how much cleaning and sanitation is done, one embarking passenger who has the virus but not presenting any symptoms is all it takes to start the cycle all over again.

• Like 2

Everyone has their own comfort zone, I guess but some perspectives seem a tad unrealistic to me.  How does a cruise line control people boarding who many not know they are coming down with something?  People will have to decide to cruise, or not to cruise, pretty simple.