Refund timing?

budamom

I have a refund coming from Viking that they processed on the 23rd.  It hasn't hit my credit card yet.  They say it can take up to 21 days.  Has anyone else had experience with refunds from Viking and if so, how long did it take?  Thanks!

I’ve had several refunds coming from Viking. Several for excursions and 2 when we switched from Viking flights to doing our own. All of the refunds were done in less than the 21 days. It did seem to matter what time of the month it was. Credit card credits appeared faster than those returned to my bank account - things that were paid by e-check 

2 minutes ago, mkerner said:

I found that e-check refunfds took about a week to show up.

I think it depends on the time of the month and what day they close out the month.  I had one show up promptly and another take nearly the 21 days. 

Our situation was a little different.  We were on the Viking Sky Cruise with the infamous evacuation incident.  We found credits and refunds were issued by the time we arrived home!!  If you applied for a refund or expecting a refund in the last month, I can see why it could be delayed.  I think they are really overloaded with transfer and cancellation requests, due to the coronavirus situation.  I have traveled with Viking quite a few times, and never had any problems with account adjustments.  I would recommend giving them a little bit of leeway right now.