how is OBC handled in a room with 2, on separate credit cards

bartzcrew

General question, if a room has 2 people, and they each have their accounts set up on different cards, how does OBC get applied. 

Not counting what we go from Carnival to stay on our sailing, the room already had 64 in OBC, that is meant for my daughter. 

I was just wondering if I had to go to guest services to make sure it applies to her, not the other passenger. 

Thanks

2 minutes ago, bartzcrew said:

General question, if a room has 2 people, and they each have their accounts set up on different cards, how does OBC get applied. 

Not counting what we go from Carnival to stay on our sailing, the room already had 64 in OBC, that is meant for my daughter. 

I was just wondering if I had to go to guest services to make sure it applies to her, not the other passenger. 

Thanks

You can have them split however you want when you get on-site. I've done that with 3 girls in one room, and we'll be doing it again on this upcoming cruise.

1 minute ago, xostacylee said:

You can have them split however you want when you get on-site. I've done that with 3 girls in one room, and we'll be doing it again on this upcoming cruise.

Thanks, thats what I needed to know! Appreciate it 🙂

• Like 1

As far as I know, they split the OBC.  I have received it a few times from my TA, and even though I paid for the whole trip on my credit card, the credit was divided between the two of us.  Same way with the Coronaviris, where they are offering the OBC as well, would be divided.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2020 at 11:43 AM, mizLORInj said:

And yet when we were on Sunrise last May, GS gave me a hard time about splitting it.  Something about their system doesn't allow it once onboard.   Maybe it depends whom you get at GS on the ship. 

This is what happened to us, they split the OBC equally. Wouldn't let us adjust it saying once on ship they cant change what corporate did. Was very frustrating. I also tried GS at 2 different times as well, diff people same answer.