In what manner RC credits FCC back?

Hi,

I booked a cabin for 5 guests. If I am to choose FCC, how do they credit it back? Meaning if I paid $5K, each individual gets $1k as FCC? If this is the case, can I call to receive the credits under one name or at least under my family’s headcount. 

I am asking because I paid for my domestic helper. She will not be able to use the credits for another cruise as she will be leaving my household to go home for retirement, and she can’t afford a cruise fare on her own as well plus there is no cruise port for her to book where she is coming from. 

It doesn’t seem fair that I can penalised this way. If this is not possible, I guess it is cheaper to just cancel and lose $500 cash than to lose $1k. 

Has anyone had the same issue before?

Thanks. 

7 minutes ago, Hop77 said:

Hi,

I booked a cabin for 5 guests. If I am to choose FCC, how do they credit it back? Meaning if I paid $5K, each individual gets $1k as FCC? If this is the case, can I call to receive the credits under one name or at least under my family’s headcount. 

I am asking because I paid for my domestic helper. She will not be able to use the credits for another cruise as she will be leaving my household to go home for retirement, and she can’t afford a cruise fare on her own as well plus there is no cruise port for her to book where she is coming from. 

It doesn’t seem fair that I can penalised this way. If this is not possible, I guess it is cheaper to just cancel and lose $500 cash than to lose $1k. 

Has anyone had the same issue before?

Thanks. 

Look at your invoice. Each guest gets a FCC back for the amount under their name on the invoice   It does not matter who paid for it or whether that guest will cruise again.  This has always been the policy for FCC’s

the amounts for guests 3,4 and 5 will be a lot less than guests 1 and 2 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

The FCC is issued in each person's name and can only be used to book that person on a cruise. 

However you can change names on a cruise (all but one person can be changed). So if you are going to cancel your cruise you should first change the name of your domestic helper to someone else who might actually go on the next cruise with you, then  cancel the cruise after the name is changed. 

I'm pretty sure you can't change the name if the cruise was booked using FCC, so if you book her on the next cruise using FCC and then try to change the name I don't think that will work. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Look at your invoice. Each guest gets a FCC back for the amount undervtheit no,e in the invoice   It does not matter who paid for it or whether that guest will cruise again.  This has always been the policy for FCC’s

This is an interesting point because if you booked the cruise during a "BOGO 60" sale the first person's fare is much higher than the second person's fare - and the FCCs issued by name will also have two different amounts. You wouldn't want to book the new cruise under a "30% off everyone" sale because the amounts per person won't match up even if the total cruise fare is the same. 

Edited by SG65CB
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

The FCC is issued in each person's name and can only be used to book that person on a cruise. 

However you can change names on a cruise (all but one person can be changed). So if you are going to cancel your cruise you should first change the name of your domestic helper to someone else who might actually go on the next cruise with you, then  cancel the cruise after the name is changed. 

I'm pretty sure you can't change the name if the cruise was booked using FCC, so if you book her on the next cruise using FCC and then try to change the name I don't think that will work. 

Actually that raises a really good scenario.

guest 3,4 and 5 can be cancelled and receive a full refund up until the time the cruise hits the final penalty phase (15 days prior to sailing) .  You could cancel them and then a few days before the cruise get the fcc. 

I would only cancel 1 or 2 guests still leaving 3 or 4 in the cabin as they may want you to move to a double occupancy cabin which just makes things even more confusing. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

This is an interesting point because if you booked the cruise during a "BOGO 60" sale the first person's fare is much higher than the second person's fare - and the FCCs issued by name will also have two different amounts. You wouldn't want to book the new cruise under a "30% off everyone" sale because the amounts per person won't match up even if the total cruise fare is the same. 

Correct.  The FCC for the first may not be able to be used in its entirety and would have to be applied over 2 cruises. 

21 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Actually that raises a really good scenario.

guest 3,4 and 5 can be cancelled and receive a full refund up until the time the cruise hits the final penalty phase (15 days prior to sailing) .  You could cancel them and then a few days before the cruise get the fcc. 

I would only cancel 1 or 2 guests still leaving 3 or 4 in the cabin as they may want you to move to a double occupancy cabin which just makes things even more confusing. 

If I understood you correctly, no penalty for cancellation of 3rd and 4th guests even if the booking is non-refundable ? I can get full cash refund for them? Then with the new FCC policy, I will be able to cancel the whole cruise and get back as FCC? 

Thanks

21 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Correct.  The FCC for the first may not be able to be used in its entirety and would have to be applied over 2 cruises. 

That is alright for me since we cruise a lot. Just only problem is my domestic helper who will be leaving our household before we can be on another cruise. 

Just now, Hop77 said:

If I understood you correctly, no penalty for cancellation of 3rd and 4th guests even if the booking is non-refundable ? I can get full cash refund for them? Then with the new FCC policy, I will be able to cancel the whole cruise and get back as FCC? 

Thanks

You can cancel 3rd and 4th guests up to 15 days prior to sailing and receive a full refund for their fares.  This applies equally to refundable and non refundable deposits.  Note that if this changes you from a quad room to a double occupancy then Royal may make you change categories and it would be repriced at current rates.   You could then cancel the next day under the current policy and get an FCC.

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

You can cancel 3rd and 4th guests up to 15 days prior to sailing and receive a full refund for their fares.  This applies equally to refundable and non refundable deposits.  Note that if this changes you from a quad room to a double occupancy then Royal may make you change categories and it would be repriced at current rates.   You could then cancel the next day under the current policy and get an FCC.

Many thanks. This helps us a lot. 

We are not worry about the change in categories. We have the spacious panoramic window suite which takes 5 guests but we are allowed to book it for 4 guests in the website. I had to call RC to add the 5th guests. 

• Like 2

This isn't my first rodeo with Royal Caribbean but being a UK cruiser I am completely confused by FCC as our UK booking conditions mean we never normally get involved with anything like this.

I have just cancelled my May 2020 cruise out of Southampton and booked Oasis out of New York in 2021 instead. Both cruises are for myself wife and son.

Will I get 3no FCC and only be able to use my own (as I booked it) for our new cruise and my wife and son will receive separate ones that they can use to book other cruises. This wouldn't be good as we will only be taking 1no cruise in 2021.

I'm presuming that I can actually use a FCC for the new cruise just booked...…. any help appreciated as I am so confused by all of this 😐

……… sorry me again.

I cancelled the May 2020 cruise yesterday. I was told the FCC would take 2 - 7 days but it is still in my cruise planner and I have had no confirmation that it has been cancelled.

Would this be normal?

Many thanks

46 minutes ago, Tin can said:

……… sorry me again.

I cancelled the May 2020 cruise yesterday. I was told the FCC would take 2 - 7 days but it is still in my cruise planner and I have had no confirmation that it has been cancelled.

Would this be normal?

Many thanks

I am told that the FCC will be allocated to each guests the amount written on the invoice. So you need to refer to the invoice or request for one. 

The guests need not sail together as the FCC is applied individually. 

Not sure if the FCC can be applied onto an existing booking. You might need to call. But problem is different operators telling me different things. That’s the frustration. That’s why I come here for info. 

Not so sure about when can we see the FCC reflected as I haven’t cancelled yet. 

Edited by Hop77

Thanks for that.

Im really confused by all of this, I hope I haven’t got to get my 9 year old to phone up Royal to get his FCC applied to our new cruise!

That’s if family members can combine FCC’s on a cruise and that’s assuming it can be applied to my new booking in the first place (which I was told I could do).

I’m hoping with the time difference our American posters will come on the forum shortly and tell me everything will be alright 😀

8 minutes ago, Tin can said:

Thanks for that.

Im really confused by all of this, I hope I haven’t got to get my 9 year old to phone up Royal to get his FCC applied to our new cruise!

That’s if family members can combine FCC’s on a cruise and that’s assuming it can be applied to my new booking in the first place (which I was told I could do).

I’m hoping with the time difference our American posters will come on the forum shortly and tell me everything will be alright 😀

You can’t combine FCC’s.

if person A, B and C were each issued a FCC then it must be applied to person A,B and C on a new reservation. 

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can’t combine FCC’s.

if person A, B and C were each issued a FCC then it must be applied to person A,B and C on a new reservation. 

Thanks for this, when you say new reservation can this be the one I have just booked after cancelling the previous one.

i just hope they don’t say I can only apply to a new booking not the new one I just booked for 2021 which is technically now I guess an existing booking.

Hopefully this makes sense, I am fearing the worst with all of this 😕