Gov't to discourage cruising?

joeyancho

Why is this not good? Anyone in a high risk category (age, medical condition, etc.) shouldn’t cruise. That should be common sense. Shouldn’t take the government to tell people that.

I hope people listen to that advice.

12 minutes ago, Hoosierpop said:

Why is this not good? Anyone in a high risk category (age, medical condition, etc.) shouldn’t cruise. That should be common sense. Shouldn’t take the government to tell people that.

I understand your point. I should have clarified that it would not be good for the industry.

1 hour ago, Hoosierpop said:

Well it is certainly not good for the cruise industry if the government of the the United States advocates against people taking cruises and comparing cruises to "huge incubators". You may not realize it, but the cruise industry tend to attract a relatively large proportion of their clientele  from the population of older persons who are in the high risk category.  It certainly seems that the worldwide spread of this virus is inevitable, lets hope that medical treatment can eventually catch up and mitigate its effects.

We will see what happens .I'm sailing on msc in August and their not letting the Italians sail.hopefully it all clears up in the next couple of months.we are not old old but I'm south of 60 my wife is just North of 60 but we do have some health issues.we are taking a 12 year old grandson .so we need to consider all that by the end of May when final payment is due.i used to pay my cruises in full when I booked I've reconsidered since I realised anything can happen.minimizes losses.

11 minutes ago, Bostwick girl said:

My friend is visiting her family in California. Today they are a Disneyland, she said there's no shortage of people there. You would think places like that would be just as bad, if not worse, than cruise ships.

They are.  Just like Noro though....they focus on cruises because it is a captive audience with easily reportable results.  While other public gatherings and forms of travel may have the same potential, seeing the big picture is next to impossible.

• Like 2

I am cruising a B2B in April, and I have no qualms about doing so. I consider myself better than average in my knowledge of proper hand washing and infection control, after years as a hospital RN. I am retired now, but in good health, and physically fit. They may keep us from some ports, but I’m fine with a cruise to nowhere. 

• Like 2