Cruising this Sunday on the Joy, and Charmin TP...

egcruise

I've been on many a cruise, and always forgot to pack some high end TP.

Does the cruise line offer more premium TP than what's standard / normally available in the rooms (I'm in a balcony). 

I sincerely doubt people paying 40k for the the haven suites are subject to the sandpaper currently provided in the the cheaper rooms, but are their other options?

Many thanks.

8 minutes ago, egcruise said:

Does the cruise line offer more premium TP than what's standard / normally available in the rooms (I'm in a balcony). 

I sincerely doubt people paying 40k for the the haven suites are subject to the sandpaper currently provided in the the cheaper rooms, but are their other options?

Many thanks.

Don't know anything about the toilet paper, but have a great cruise -- I'm right behind you (no pun intended) on the 22nd sailing -- at least we haven't cancelled yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It seems like you might not have to cancel as they have a new "peace of mind" thing:

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/book-with-confidence?intcmp=pro_hp_PEACEOFMIND

Where you can change the date of sailing, minus insurance. Which seems to be something they introduced a few hours ago, because I was asking them about something like this and they didn't say anything about it tom .e.

13 minutes ago, egcruise said:

Many thanks.

Very interesting question. The TP in the Haven is the same as what's on the rest of the ship. I think the answer to your question is no, they don't have premium tp available

• Like 1

Just now, egcruise said:

It seems like you might not have to cancel as they have a new "peace of mind" thing:

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/book-with-confidence?intcmp=pro_hp_PEACEOFMIND

Where you can change the date of sailing, minus insurance. Which seems to be something they introduced a few hours ago, because I was asking them about something like this and they didn't say anything about it tom .e.

Yes - I got my email today.  Still not sure we want to cancel.  This will definitely be a 48 hour decision.  I may watch the cancellations with fake bookings towards the end of next week.  And of course, I'll wait for your full trip report when you get back to ease my mind. 😉

1 minute ago, parmus said:

Yes - I got my email today.  Still not sure we want to cancel.  This will definitely be a 48 hour decision.  I may watch the cancellations with fake bookings towards the end of next week.  And of course, I'll wait for your full trip report when you get back to ease my mind. 😉

Will do 😀

14 minutes ago, Cilosgirl said:

I assume the quality of the TP is partially due to what the ships septic systems can can handle. High quality triple ply Charmin might cause unpleasant flooding in your cabin🤢

Two Ply it is!

On 3/6/2020 at 11:20 PM, parmus said:

Currently on the ship, and my thoughts are “meh” this won’t go down as my favorite cruise by far. They’re Implementing new procedures as they go, the buffet for example you can’t get what you want, and staff has to serve you. 

It’s not too bad, but it’s a little nerve racking.

On 3/7/2020 at 2:05 AM, egcruise said:

I've been on many a cruise, and always forgot to pack some high end TP. Does the cruise line offer more premium TP than what's standard / normally available in the rooms (I'm in a balcony). I sincerely doubt people paying 40k for the the haven suites are subject to the sandpaper currently provided in the the cheaper rooms, but are their other options? Many thanks.

Yup. We pay $40K for sandpaper.

The bottom line is that the toilet in the Haven works on the same vacuum system and same sewage treatment system as an inside room. The TP is designed to work with both systems. It is when people start throwing other paper (even Kleenex) into the toilets when things "back up" and the toilets in the entire area stop working.  

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, egcruise said:

Currently on the ship, and my thoughts are “meh” this won’t go down as my favorite cruise by far. They’re Implementing new procedures as they go, the buffet for example you can’t get what you want, and staff has to serve you. 

It’s not too bad, but it’s a little nerve racking.

Hoping NCL cancels all cruises soon. We decided to bail and cruise during happier times. We’ll still wait until the 48 hour mark hoping for them to cancel. It’s getting real stateside.....

On 3/7/2020 at 2:05 AM, egcruise said:

Many thanks.

As a Charmin Red user, NCL tp leaves a lot to be desired (even in the Haven), but as others have said it’s what the ship’s septic system can handle. You can get those moist wipes (is from costco) but I wouldn’t flush them, you can put them in the sanitary bags and then in the trash to be safe. 

• Like 1