Future Cruise Credit ..Wake up COSTA

Barnacle45

It is noted that several CARNIVAL owned  companies Princess and Holland America  are offering Future Cruise Credit for people who are booked to sail in the next 2-3 months,in other words you can cancel your cruise and use the credit to sail another day. I see Norwegian and Disney are now offering similar types of choice. Well done these lines.

Is is not the time for COSTA to wake up and also be responsible and offer similar?

2 hours ago, PASibley said:

This morning they said if I cancel my cruise...Favlousa Mar 21 Guadalope to Savona...they would refund the port taxes and give a cruise credit good for the next 12 months

Thats good, but U can INSIST on FULL cash refund

Thanks for that info.  If Costa cancel my 11th April cruise then I'd prefer a refund as I'm still lumbered with expensive Easyjet flights to Barcelona so the money could go to a land based Catalonia trip.  

Mind you, who know what will be happening with Spain, UK and the rest of our countries in the coming weeks. 

6 hours ago, PASibley said:

This morning they said if I cancel my cruise...Favlousa Mar 21 Guadalope to Savona...they would refund the port taxes and give a cruise credit good for the next 12 months

Is that only for Canadian passengers though? 

2 hours ago, dritan said:

Thanks for that info.  If Costa cancel my 11th April cruise then I'd prefer a refund as I'm still lumbered with expensive Easyjet flights to Barcelona so the money could go to a land based Catalonia trip.  

Mind you, who know what will be happening with Spain, UK and the rest of our countries in the coming weeks. 

Did you receive any notice from Costa? I arranged the cruise departing from Bari, Italy on 6th Apr, but there has been no action from Costa till now.

Ik heb gisteren .mijn  incheckpapieren binnen gekregen,verschillende mails naar het reisbureau gestuurd wat de rederij gaat doen

We zouden 30 maart gaan met de Costa Smeralda en 3 havens in Italië aandoen wat niet mogelijk is,dan liever in het najaar

Maar Costa laat niets horen en ik begrijp dat andere rederijen een Future Cruise Credit geven

9 hours ago, drsel said:

Costa cancelled my cruise and is offering a full refund or 30% discount on any future Cruise upto November 2020

November 2020 that is a little early, they are being optimistic, I wont be travelling until there is a vaccine!

When was your cruise due to depart please? We are booked on Fortuna 31st May from Amsterdam , too far out for Costa to make a decision !!

• 4 weeks later...

I am sure your 11th April Cruise was cancelled by Costa.

so did they offer you a full refund or a future Cruise credit.

The cruise lines are really bleeding right now.

They don't have liquid cash to pay back anyone

So i decided not to take my money back, but instead transfer the 2 deposits to 2 future Cruises at 30% discount each.