Silhouette in Miami?

TMaine

5 hours ago, Celebrity Cruises said:
We are deeply saddened by the tragic incident involving a guest aboard the Silhouette, and our hearts go out the family and loved ones. This incident was not related to COVID-19.

Our security team is assisting authorities in their investigation as our care team continues to provide support for the families

Given that this clearly involved a death and without any further personal interest in why or what... do you think we could perhaps be nice to one another and stop speculating?

Well done to Captain Pepas for trying to catch up.  Hope no-one is too sick!   Good for the crew in keeping quiet - its no-one's buisness.  Best wishes to all on board - have a great time.  Looking forward to lots of positive posts and stories.

• Like 3

Passenger just posted on Twitter

1st day medical evac. at sea; passenger suicide & abrupt return to Miami.  2nd day, another medical emergency & another return to Miami.  Nothing in the news. Captain announced tonight a 25% cruise fare refund & on board credit equal to 2 days.

• Thanks 1

I have never seen in over 40 cruises something like this with medical emergencies. Not normal to be heading back to Miami from this far away.....I am thinking that with all going on with corona no-one is wanting to accept medical emergencies anymore...something not right.

We had a second emergency. Clearing that and we should be  underway for our cruise shortly . Captain says we will enjoy a full cruise itinerary. 🎉 Wohoo 🎉🎈🎁🎊

if you look at the image you will notice we’ve turned around 3 times. Wish us luck. 

6A77C89E-7E55-49D2-9CAB-4AB53D733A84.jpeg

On 3/7/2020 at 5:07 PM, GastroGnome said:

Given that this clearly involved a death and without any further personal interest in why or what... do you think we could perhaps be nice to one another and stop speculating?

Well done to Captain Pepas for trying to catch up.  Hope no-one is too sick!   Good for the crew in keeping quiet - its no-one's buisness.  Best wishes to all on board - have a great time.  Looking forward to lots of positive posts and stories.

Just off the Silhouette, I’d suggest that speculation is all that passengers had to work with.  The ship did resume cruise speed to make up lost time - but then slowed to 10 knots - signaling something amiss. During the afternoon  the ship made a 180, reversing course without explanation, then a short time later we made another 180, but continued at slow speed “making up lost time”.  Passengers could only speculate what was going on, because the Captain said nothing. 

After dinner we felt the ship leaning, so I turned on my phone compass and saw that we had once again reversed course.  A short time later the Captain confirmed our speculation, we were returning to Miami, 2 passengers required medical evaluation, but did not specify, as he did earlier, that this was unrelated to the “illness in the news” .  

In Miami the two passengers left the ship, had a waiting Medical tech snap a photo with the ship in the background, then rode off in a taxi.  After leaving port an announcement was made, but conspicuously absent was the prior days disclaimer repeated 3 times, that the medical emergency was not related to Covid-19.  A total reversal from the great care given to reassure passengers that the evacuations were not related to ”the illness in the news”. 

An information was created around a potentially critical situation and yes, most passengers were guilty of speculation. Asking ships officers directly if Corona was a consideration in the evacuation they refused to answer yes or no, citing privacy issues - issues that apparently weren’t in force the day before.  

If Corona concerns could have been ruled out, the cruise could have been salvaged, but because they conspicuously left on the table, most people were anxious to get off the ship ASAP, some even left in Aruba to illustrate the point.  Sorry, but given the operating conditions of this cruise, this Captain rates other than a well done for the decisions he made on this trip.  He left passengers anxious for their safety, deliberately or otherwise. 

On 3/7/2020 at 9:46 AM, Wonderbred said:

Where is the video posted?

The woman that everyone is referring to who passed away on this cruise on March 6th, 2020 was my sister.  If anyone has any information, no matter how minor it may seem to you, it may prove to be vital information.  We are having a difficult time piecing this together as we are not getting the help we thought we would.  If you heard anything, saw anything, have any video footage…..anything at all, PLEASE reach out to me!!!  I can’t stress enough how important it is to get in touch with any information you may have!!!   My family thanks you in advance for any information you are able to provide.

The woman that everyone is referring to who passed away on this cruise on March 6th, 2020 was my sister.  If anyone has any information, no matter how minor it may seem to you, it may prove to be vital information.  We are having a difficult time piecing this together as we are not getting the help we thought we would.  If you heard anything, saw anything, have any video footage…..anything at all, PLEASE reach out to me!!!  I can’t stress enough how important it is to get in touch with any information you may have!!!   My family thanks you in advance for any information you are able to provide.

14 minutes ago, buddyboo714 said:

You may get a better response if you started your own thread titling it that information is wanted.

You may also want to do a post on the roll call in case someone checks in.

Here is the link Roll Call.

Condolences, heather

Thank you for the suggestion.  I am new to this site so not really sure what roll call is?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, buddyboo714 said:

Thank you for the suggestion.  I am new to this site so not really sure what roll call is?

Hello, I am so sorry to hear about your sister's death.  Condolences.  I was booked on the next cruise, that was to leave FLL on 3/15.  I posted your plea on the March 6th Roll Call.  A Roll Call is a semi-private group where mostly passengers on that sailing post.  I added the post below, but you may want to start a new email account and post the address so people can contact you directly and privately (do not use your actual address, as that leaves you open to fraud). 

Good luck, I hope you find the information and peace you are searching for:    

"Hello All, the Sibling of the Passenger who passed away on this Cruise on March 6th is begging for any information on their Sister's death. 

User name is buddyboo714  Here is link to their post.... I hope someone can help. What a tragedy: [with a link to your posts]"

On 3/7/2020 at 7:08 AM, wendyam76 said:

A body bag has just been taken off the ship and a crime scene set up. Looks like it was a fall onto a lifeboat. Just watched a live video from someone onboard. 

Can you share any info to the sister of the victim that’s looking for answers? 

SunNFunCruzer....Thank you!!!  I appreciate reaching out!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SunNFunCruzer said:

Hello, I am so sorry to hear about your sister's death.  Condolences.  I was booked on the next cruise, that was to leave FLL on 3/15.  I posted your plea on the March 6th Roll Call.  A Roll Call is a semi-private group where mostly passengers on that sailing post.  I added the post below, but you may want to start a new email account and post the address so people can contact you directly and privately (do not use your actual address, as that leaves you open to fraud). 

Good luck, I hope you find the information and peace you are searching for:    

"Hello All, the Sibling of the Passenger who passed away on this Cruise on March 6th is begging for any information on their Sister's death. 

User name is buddyboo714  Here is link to their post.... I hope someone can help. What a tragedy: [with a link to your posts]"

I tried searching roll call for March 6th and I'm having trouble locating it in the roll call section  It seems as though you can't access a roll call that is in the past from the roll call tab?  I'm not really sure how to navigate this website unfortunately.  This is an email account I created just for information for this situation.    butterflie714@gmail.com

8 hours ago, middlehaitch said:

You may get a better response if you started your own thread titling it that information is wanted.

You may also want to do a post on the roll call in case someone checks in.

Here is the link Roll Call.

Condolences, heather

I can't seem to access the roll call in the roll call tab for March 6th.  It won't show any roll calls that are in the past, it's only showing roll calls for upcoming cruises.  But it's probably something I'm doing incorrectly as I'm still unfamiliar with this site.

2 minutes ago, Aggravation said:

Buddyboo714 - is that your email at the bottom - and if so, is it OK to contact you directly via email?

Yes, that is an email that I created just for this situation.  Please get in touch with me if you know anything at all!!  Thankyou!!

17 minutes ago, sugarmidge said:

Is there a way you can private message me.  I don't have a lot of info but will tell you what I saw.

private messages are not allowed on this site.  you can email her directly, she posted her email in post #42