Onboard credit

picture

Does anyone know how soon the onboard credit for not canceling your cruise will show up on your account??

we have a late May cruise,  I was hoping they would automatically add the $200 credit so I could use it immediately on shore excursions.

4 minutes ago, picture said:

Does anyone know how soon the onboard credit for not canceling your cruise will show up on your account??

we have a late May cruise,  I was hoping they would automatically add the $200 credit so I could use it immediately on shore excursions.

I asked my TA the same question and here's her response:

The extra obc will probably not show up until the week you sail or when you sail, this is all new and they aren’y adding the extra obc until they know for sure if people are cancelling.

To me, my TA's response doesn't make much sense.  Princess has announced they will be offering this,. so I don't understand what it has to do with people cancelling.  

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, picture said:

Yes, the onboard credit on our account as well.

On 3/8/2020 at 3:15 PM, jonikal said:

The extra obc will probably not show up until the week you sail or when you sail, this is all new and they aren’y adding the extra obc until they know for sure if people are cancelling.

To me, my TA's response doesn't make much sense.  Princess has announced they will be offering this,. so I don't understand what it has to do with people cancelling.  

On 3/8/2020 at 3:15 PM, jonikal said:

Princess told me days before the cruise. You don't have to stand in line at customer service desk, you can check the (nearby portfolio machine).  

Our OBC showed up almost immediately for our late May cruise. Since we already have free WiFi, gratuities and the beverage package we decided to book an excursion to use some of this new OBC. For some reason we are unable to do so. 🤔 I thought maybe it was because this is a non refundable OBC, but we were able to use our FCC OBC, which is also non refundable. 

I also tried to use it to book excursions...unable to use this credit.  Chatted online with Princess--they told me yes it does show up on your account but unable to use until you are onboard.  I asked if I booked excursion and paid now--if it could be adjusted when onboard.  I was told if I booked pre cruise that was final and could not be adjusted onboard.

When you look at your Payments section does it just say "Onboard Credit" or is it notated in some other way? Does it show as $100 each for the first 2 people in the cabin or a single $200 post? We have a May 9 sailing and I think what's listed for us is what we have from when we first signed up.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

When you look at your Payments section does it just say "Onboard Credit" or is it notated in some other way? Does it show as $100 each for the first 2 people in the cabin or a single $200 post? We have a May 9 sailing and I think what's listed for us is what we have from when we first signed up.

Thanks!

It shows as $100 per person and says "guest onboard credit".

It's listed under "credits" on the payments page.