Adventure of the seas LONG review!

ckrobyn

That makes me feel so much better. Thanks,

18 more days to goooooo.....

3 more pounds to loose (one too many cheesecakes) :p .......

You're welcome :)

Get those last 3lbs off so you can gain 5 on the cruise :eek:

Have a GREAT time!

Hi Robyn;

Can you recall which side of the ship faced each port? Just curious as to what we will see from our balcony.

Thank You

Rich

Hi Rich,

You ask a good question - one that I too was curious about before the cruise. On our last cruise (Radiance) we were on the starboard side - same as we were on the AOS and the only port we could see from our cabin was St.Thomas. This time however with the bigger ship, the Captain backed in to both St.Maarten and St.Thomas as well as Aruba so we in fact ended up on port side.....I couldn't believe our good fortune!

Most of the pics (in the link on my signature) are taken from my balcony - so you can take a look at the view of the ports in some of them.

What cabin do you have booked?

Thanks Robyn

My DW and I are in 9242 same side as you were. I hear leaving Aruba at night is beautiful. I sure hope we get some nice views. That was a heck of a room you had, makes ours look like a walk-in closet:eek:

I'm pretty much going out of my mind now waiting to leave:D

Thanks Robyn

My DW and I are in 9242 same side as you were. I hear leaving Aruba at night is beautiful. I sure hope we get some nice views. That was a heck of a room you had, makes ours look like a walk-in closet:eek:

I'm pretty much going out of my mind now waiting to leave:D

16 days until you leave - take a deep breath!

I can't comment on the view leaving Aruba :o I was asleep....lol!

We bit the cost bullet and booked the Grand Suite mainly just to see what it would be like - the extra space, amenities etc....going forward, it is unlikely that we will book anything beyond a junior suite - it's just not cost effective for us considering we barely used the Concierge Lounge and didn't need priority reservations for anything.

I just booked the AOS again for next March in a junior suite - we enjoyed the experience of a GS but will be just as happy in a JS.

Be happy with your cabin - it's better than sitting at your desk in the office!

Have a GREAT cruise :D

as i'm going to be on AOS in just over a week, do you remember if you could go up to the front bow when it got dark?? On EOS a couple years ago we could go up to the front of the ship when it got dark where the heilo pad is. On MOS last year that block it off when it became dark and wouldn't let up there. Just wondering if you remember or not if you could on AOS. thxs!! can't wait!!! :-))

Buenas noches a todos! Good night to all of you from your port of leave, Puerto Rico! I have lived here all my life, and my last cruise was on the AOS in Sept. 2004. We (wife and me) are planning for an October cruise, still undecided on RCCL or Carnival, as the date we can go is not the "Aruba route". :-(

What I wanted to tell you cruisers is about the OTHER Puerto Rico, right off San Juan, which is a great city (capital city of the Island), but not the only one! I live in Ponce, the second largest city, located on the south coast, where there is and international airport that has JetBlue, Continental, and begining this summer, Delta flights daily from the States. There is a Hilton hotel with a great golf course, and smaller, more sensibly priced hotels (there is one right on the center of downtown Ponce with its own restaurant), and great tourist spots! It's at the end of Highway #52 (toll route), about a 1:30 hour drive from San Juan. Don't forget your camera when you begin travelling downhill, you will love the sight!!

For any of you visiting for the first time, if you want to shop at a mall, ask to be taken to Plaza Las Americas, the Caribbeans largest shopping mall. It's expensive, but loaded with hundreds of stores (like Macy's, Sears and JC Penney) and eating places.

The best beaches on the island are on the west coast, especially in Cabo Rojo and Rincon. Many US citizens have made Rincon their new home, as it is a small and quiet beach town, where surfers abound and small guest inns and hotels are the best way to spend a very relaxing weekend.

Also, on the north coast, west of San Juan, Isabela and Dorado have great, beautiful beaches, as does Luquillo (east of San Juan). Luquillo is also home to the El Yunque Rain Forest, which is a great daylong trip. Tennis shoes, shorts, t-shirts, sunblock lotion, sunglasses, a hat and LOTS of water are recommended!

And our mountain towns have great, beautiful sights and small inns for those who want to experience our typical side. For us it's cold in the mountains, as temperatures have been around mid-50s in some towns. i know, I will be hated for this comment... LOL!

If any of you want some details about places to visit in Puerto Rico, contact me, or visit http://www.gotopuertorico.com/index.php. I am just a regular guy that loves his Island!

Enjoy your cruises and your stay in Puerto Rico!

as i'm going to be on AOS in just over a week, do you remember if you could go up to the front bow when it got dark?? On EOS a couple years ago we could go up to the front of the ship when it got dark where the heilo pad is. On MOS last year that block it off when it became dark and wouldn't let up there. Just wondering if you remember or not if you could on AOS. thxs!! can't wait!!! :-))

When I cruised the AOS (9/04) we could go at night, and there was a full moon... lovers' point! LOL!

Robyn,

Thanks for all the info. We leave (my Wife - Robin :) , 14 y/o son, and 10 y/o daughter) the end of March - our annuan Spring Break Break. Last year we did the Carnival Legend - saw the NoS at one stop and said "thats it - next year we go RCI". Booked immediately! Your pictures and review are AWESOME. Each day we get closer, the less I care about this stinky cold/snow/sloppy weather in IL.

Thanks for helping me thru the winter!

Bill

Robyn,

Thanks for all the info. We leave (my Wife - Robin :) , 14 y/o son, and 10 y/o daughter) the end of March - our annuan Spring Break Break. Last year we did the Carnival Legend - saw the NoS at one stop and said "thats it - next year we go RCI". Booked immediately! Your pictures and review are AWESOME. Each day we get closer, the less I care about this stinky cold/snow/sloppy weather in IL.

Thanks for helping me thru the winter!

Bill

Glad you liked the review :)

Enjoy your escape from the winter and think about me in Toronto freezing my fanny off!

Enjoyed your review. Interesting to read of your activities on Aruba and Curacao, places we have spent much time in.

As to St. Maarten, did I miss something or did you say what your other favorite beach is there? Would love to know. Thanks.

My favorite beach in the whole world is Mullet Bay :D If I had to pick a second, I would say Orient Beach....

The waves were really nasty at Mullet Bay when we were there a few weeks ago - but it is still my favorite beach!

I really have no idea. I didn't attempt to go there at night, so I can't comment.

Have a wonderful cruise! :)

We are leaving March 12 for AOS. We are traveling in a group of 11. Five in the group are kids girls ages 14, 11, 7 and 4 and 1 boy age 9. I am curious about the ports especially Aruba and Curacao. We need activities for the kids. We know about the Sea Aquarium on Curacao, but wanted to know about water sports on both islands where they would offer water trampolines or anything else that ages 4 and up would enjoy. Also, will the hotels in Aruba allow for swimming in the pools? Any other info you might have that kids would enjoy at any of the ports would be very appreciated.

Thanks for all the great ideas!! We really get info from these cc boards.

jhawk--------We are also going on Adventure March 12. Join our roll call and sign up for meet and mingle--------Looking forward to meeting your group!:D

Kay

Have a great time on my favorite ship ;)

We plan on a great cruise!! We are on deck ten, and will be looking for Luis!!!!!!!! This will be our 24th cruise. We are cruiseaholics!!!!!!

Kay

Okay - I'm totally jealous!

When you see Luis, tell him ckrobyn says hi :)

• 2 years later...

Archived