Questions about Future Cruise Credit

poeticlicensed

We are in wait an see mode WRT our Alaska cruise (RT Seattle) at the end of May. If the situation continues to deteriorate and we decide to cancel and are given an FCC, my understanding is that it has to be used within a year. My questions are 1) one year from when? The cancellation date or the date of the cruise, and 2) do we actually have to travel within a year or do we just need to book a cruise within a year. I'm asking because Alaska cruise season doesn't start until the end of May and if we have to complete travel within a year, that's going to be tough, considering that season doesn't begin until the one year date is almost over. If we can apply it to a future cruise, as long as we book within the year, that would make me feel more comfortable. This whole thing is such a bummer. We have been planning this Alaska cruise for over a year. 

1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

We are in wait an see mode WRT our Alaska cruise (RT Seattle) at the end of May. If the situation continues to deteriorate and we decide to cancel and are given an FCC, my understanding is that it has to be used within a year. My questions are 1) one year from when? The cancellation date or the date of the cruise, and 2) do we actually have to travel within a year or do we just need to book a cruise within a year. I'm asking because Alaska cruise season doesn't start until the end of May and if we have to complete travel within a year, that's going to be tough, considering that season doesn't begin until the one year date is almost over. If we can apply it to a future cruise, as long as we book within the year, that would make me feel more comfortable. This whole thing is such a bummer. We have been planning this Alaska cruise for over a year. 

You sound very confused. If you cancel more than 60 days before your sailing you get a refund - not a FCC. If you booked with a travel agent call them now. If with Celebrity you must cancel with them. Early mornings easiest to get through to X.