Not cancelling....... yet. But trying to understand the short term cancellation policy

nyccruise

My wife and I have a 7-day cruise planned for May, so there is still time for things to continue to evolve regarding the current health crisis.  I am trying to better understand what HAL is offering regarding Onboard Spending Credit (OSC) assuming we decide to take this cruise, but I am having a difficult time connecting with a rep (and I am hoping that someone else has run into this issue to help me understand how they are applying the short term policy).  I have not seen this specific issue discussed in an earlier thread (hopefully I haven't missed something!)

Quoting from their short term cancellation policy:

For those who choose to keep their cruise plans on departures through May 31, 2020, an Onboard Spending Credit of $200 per stateroom/$100 per person for voyages longer than 7 days and US$100 per stateroom/US$50 per person for voyages less than 6 days will be automatically applied to their shipboard account as a thank you.

Given that our cruise is 7 days, reading this wording very literally implies that cruises 5 days and under in duration (that are not cancelled) would receive an OSC of $100 per state room, cruises of 6 or 7 days (including my cruise) would not receive an OSC and cruises 8 days or longer would receive an OSC of $200 per state room.  Is this how they are interpreting the wording?

Any help would be appreciated... if I can get an answer from HAL first, I will add their response to this chain...

Happy (and safe) cruising! 

2 minutes ago, nyccruise said:

My wife and I have a 7-day cruise planned for May, so there is still time for things to continue to evolve regarding the current health crisis.  I am trying to better understand what HAL is offering regarding Onboard Spending Credit (OSC) assuming we decide to take this cruise, but I am having a difficult time connecting with a rep (and I am hoping that someone else has run into this issue to help me understand how they are applying the short term policy).  I have not seen this specific issue discussed in an earlier thread (hopefully I haven't missed something!)

Quoting from their short term cancellation policy:

For those who choose to keep their cruise plans on departures through May 31, 2020, an Onboard Spending Credit of $200 per stateroom/$100 per person for voyages longer than 7 days and US$100 per stateroom/US$50 per person for voyages less than 6 days will be automatically applied to their shipboard account as a thank you.

Given that our cruise is 7 days, reading this wording very literally implies that cruises 5 days and under in duration (that are not cancelled) would receive an OSC of $100 per state room, cruises of 6 or 7 days (including my cruise) would not receive an OSC and cruises 8 days or longer would receive an OSC of $200 per state room.  Is this how they are interpreting the wording?

Any help would be appreciated... if I can get an answer from HAL first, I will add their response to this chain...

Happy (and safe) cruising! 

• $100 per stateroom ($50 per person) for 6-day cruises (or fewer)
  • $200 per stateroom ($100 per person) for 7-day and longer cruises

2 minutes ago, nyccruise said:

Thanks, the text had I quoted is from their website... probably not double checked

No worries. We have a 7 day cruise next month and the$100 p/p OBC was in our account the day they sent the email out.

6 minutes ago, seagarsmoker said:

No worries. We have a 7 day cruise next month and the$100 p/p OBC was in our account the day they sent the email out.

How did you see the OBC?   I only see OBC on our statement.  Old love to be able to see it on my May 9 Alaska booking. 

1 hour ago, seagarsmoker said:

Your OBC will be there.

I can't see it anywhere. It kicks me out when I go to make a payment.  It must know it is already paid for. (Sailing hopefully in 20 days)

Would love to find it!

Edited by jlocole
add word

8 minutes ago, jlocole said:

I can't see it anywhere. It kicks me out when I go to make a payment.  It must know it is already paid for. (Sailing hopefully in 20 days)

Would love to find it!

Ours has been paid for since last year. It might be the website. I only go try in off hours. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seagarsmoker said:

Your OBC will be there.

1 hour ago, jlocole said:

Would love to find it!

52 minutes ago, seagarsmoker said:

Ours has been paid for since last year. It might be the website. I only go try in off hours. 

It will only show on the HAL website if you are booked directly with HAL. If you booked with a TA or transferred the cruise to a TA it won't show up. You then have to check with your Travel Agent.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, richwmn said:

It will only show on the HAL website if you are booked directly with HAL. If you booked with a TA or transferred the cruise to a TA it won't show up. You then have to check with your Travel Agent.

Thanks Rich, appreciate the help. I booked with HAL.