Toilets in cabin question (Symphony)

On 3/9/2020 at 7:18 PM, Laurba99 said:

Still makes me sick to my stomach thinking of being quarantined in military base and being away so long in an uncomfortable place. So hard to know what to do. Seems unlikely that this would Happen to a royal ship ?

The facilities used at Canada are transit hotels for personnel not barracks.  I'm sure the AM ones are equal or better.

7 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Unless it was cracked, that was completely unnecessary.  All the workings of the toilet are not in the toilet, but in the space behind it, and even changing out all the items, it should only have taken an hour or two.

Well, it kept running. We contacted Guest Services and maintenance came up to fix it. Didn't help. Then it didn't flush. Maintenance came up to fix it. Didn't help.

Then it started leaking. They took the whole thing apart and put it back together. Didn't help. They came back the next day and replace the whole thing. Bingo!! 

(I will admit that on several occasions during the middle of the night I did wear that stupid robe that HAL provided because I was NOT getting dressed to go find another bathroom in the middle of the night. )

On 3/9/2020 at 7:15 PM, Laurba99 said:

I realize this may be an irrational fear but how often do the toilets in cabins have issue flushing? We are three and one of my main concerns if we got quarantined is what if the toilet doesn’t work and we are stuck in the room? Anyone else questioning this? Do they rarely have flushing issues due to suction? 

We had no issue

10 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Well, it kept running. We contacted Guest Services and maintenance came up to fix it. Didn't help. Then it didn't flush. Maintenance came up to fix it. Didn't help.

Then it started leaking. They took the whole thing apart and put it back together. Didn't help. They came back the next day and replace the whole thing. Bingo!! 

(I will admit that on several occasions during the middle of the night I did wear that stupid robe that HAL provided because I was NOT getting dressed to go find another bathroom in the middle of the night. )

Wow, sad commentary on the maintenance skills of those guys.  There are only three moving parts on the toilet.

3 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Wow, sad commentary on the maintenance skills of those guys.  There are only three moving parts on the toilet.

I was not impressed. We were lucky to have a lanai room so we could get in and out through the sliding door. There were toilet parts all over the place.