MSC assurance program

CruisingMom77

12 hours ago, ste17l said:

This is indeed true. I was on hold for 45min with their call center. When I finally got a hold of them, they mentioned that the FCC is issued within that 15 day period after sailing of your original booking. 

Side note, I am disappointed that my current category on the MSC Seaside (May 9) is now $240 cheaper than what I paid. 

I guess this is being used as a measure to keep people from rebooking the same cruise at a lower rate? 

With MSC's um, track record in honoring promotions like missed OCs 20% I'd be loathe to have to wait until June to rebook and hope that MSC keeps their word and makes the process easy.  Cancellation and losing the deposit it is for me then.  😞

10 hours ago, L2float said:

3 hours after getting a confirmation from MSC assurance concerning our cancellation, I received new booking confirmations and E tickets for our cruise on Friday. My online account still shows our booking confirmed and that we leave in 3 days. Did anyone else who used the assurance program have this happen?

Just a little nervous about losing the money as we’ve had several booking issues with MSC before.

GTK that you can immediately rebook another cruise.  That's somewhat helpful over waiting for a FCC to show up months from now.

I cant help with your specific question but I can say that when we cancelled another booking months ago it took 2-3 days to show as cancelled on MSC's website.  FWIW that booking number still pops up first when I log in so it didnt roll off eventually even though its been canceled for months.  Did you receive a new booking number?  If so as long as you can plug that in and get the correct information, I wouldnt be too concerned.  But without that booking number there is really no way for you to double check MSC's work that I can think of.  Sorry.

8 minutes ago, aprilF said:

GTK that you can immediately rebook another cruise.  That's somewhat helpful over waiting for a FCC to show up months from now.

I cant help with your specific question but I can say that when we cancelled another booking months ago it took 2-3 days to show as cancelled on MSC's website.  FWIW that booking number still pops up first when I log in so it didnt roll off eventually even though its been canceled for months.  Did you receive a new booking number?  If so as long as you can plug that in and get the correct information, I wouldnt be too concerned.  But without that booking number there is really no way for you to double check MSC's work that I can think of.  Sorry.

The new booking confirmations and e tickets were for the cruise I cancelled! We did not rebook. I’m really concerned. It sounds like we signed up for cruise assurance, but didn’t actually have our cruise cancelled. Will be on the phone all day again today. 😔

1 minute ago, L2float said:

The new booking confirmations and e tickets were for the cruise I cancelled! We did not rebook. I’m really concerned. It sounds like we signed up for cruise assurance, but didn’t actually have our cruise cancelled. Will be on the phone all day again today. 😔

Oh no!  That sounds like a big error.  I'm sorry.

FYI, just canceled our MSC June 5 2020 out of Venice via our TA. Wer made final payment week ago. Will get an FCC fir cruise fare,  port charges. For taxes we wil get a refund. Wer did loose our insurance money. 

We should get our FCC as an email within 14 days. 

• Like 2

There’s a new link today on the USA website to fill out a form for the cruise assurance program. Entered the ship and booking details of the cruise I wanted to cancel for March 29. Got an email immediately with a reference number. Says I will get a FCC # by email within 2 weeks. I figure that still gives me time before the sail date to call if necessary. 
let’s hope this really works! It was much easier than I expected. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, aprilF said:

I guess this is being used as a measure to keep people from rebooking the same cruise at a lower rate? 

With MSC's um, track record in honoring promotions like missed OCs 20% I'd be loathe to have to wait until June to rebook and hope that MSC keeps their word and makes the process easy.  Cancellation and losing the deposit it is for me then.  😞

Yes I definitely think it's to prevent people from rebooking on the same cruise, which is likely at a lower rate now. 

This was added to the cruise assurance faq page: "Your Future Cruise Credit will then be sent within 14 days of your original cruise date. " However, based on the replies above, they seem to be quoting different time frames. 

Edited by ste17l
Addendum

There’s a new link today on the USA website to fill out a form for the cruise assurance program. Entered the ship and booking details of the cruise I wanted to cancel for March 29. Got an email immediately with a reference number. Says I will get a FCC # by email within 2 weeks. I figure that still gives me time before the sail date to call if necessary. 
let’s hope this really works! It was much easier than I expected. 

I did the same for my 3/21 cruise and got the confirmation email. I hope it works! I took screen shots of everything too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I also completed the online form for the Cruise Assurance Program today and got the email response saying “...your permanent MSC Future Cruise Certificate will be mailed to you within 14 days of your original cruise departure.” So not sure what that 14 days means.