Regular Balcony vs Cove Balcony

maryhou

A cove balcony over a regular balcony any day of the week. MUCH better imho.

• They're shaded.
  • They're closer to the water so you see more.
  • They're secluded, nobody looking up onto your balcony or down onto you.
  • They're lower so you feel less motion.
  • They're quicker to debark at the ports.
  • It's quicker getting back to your cabin from ports.
  • It's cheaper.
  • They're larger.

Give me a cove any day.

7 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

A cove balcony over a regular balcony any day of the week. MUCH better imho.

• They're shaded.
  • They're closer to the water so you see more.
  • They're secluded, nobody looking up onto your balcony or down onto you.
  • They're lower so you feel less motion.
  • They're quicker to debark at the ports.
  • It's quicker getting back to your cabin from ports.
  • It's cheaper.
  • They're larger.

Give me a cove any day.

Excellent analysis, teknoge3k! Have you ever seen such beautiful cobalt blue water in your life? I haven't. BTW, this was on our cruise on the Dream last July. The 3rd pic is coming into Cozumel. The blue water was.....every day! 

20190727_165809.jpg

20190727_213340.jpg

20190729_150213.jpg

20190729_164414.jpg

• Like 1

We had one on the RCI's Adventure of the Seas and didn't like it.  Felt too  closed in.  We like to go out on the balcony and be able to see the whole picture while sitting out there.   With the coves, you see what's directly in front of you unless you stand at the railing.  

Regular balcony. We actually go as high and forward we can get. Our last couple of cruises were on the spa deck.  The view from up there is incredible. You can look up and see the stars and we get great pictures of the clouds and sky. We don't notice any more movement up there than anywhere else on the ship.  It seems to me that the cove balconies would be wet.  I don't know this for sure because I've never had one.  Can someone else answer that?

11 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Regular balcony. We actually go as high and forward we can get. Our last couple of cruises were on the spa deck.  The view from up there is incredible. You can look up and see the stars and we get great pictures of the clouds and sky. We don't notice any more movement up there than anywhere else on the ship.  It seems to me that the cove balconies would be wet.  I don't know this for sure because I've never had one.  Can someone else answer that?

We've never gotten wet on a cove balcony. This includes sailing through a tropical storm. (Aside from any rain that blows in, which would happen on any balcony)

12 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

The forward 2-3 cove balconies might get a little spray. Anything behind those should be OK.