Carnival Cancellation Policy?!

athe0007

14 minutes ago, athe0007 said:

But don't you have to access them through the Carnival phone number? That doesn't seem to be working currently. 

I contact my PVP by email and through the Carnival phone number.  I prefer email as everything she tells me is in writing and I can refer back to it anytime.

• Like 2

If anyone gets into their Cruise Manager after this morning and is able to access it would you let me know? Thanks. 

Also, does anyone know if officially whether it's 48 hours or 30 days?

Edited by athe0007

I've been saying for 2 days carnival website has issues.

I cant even see new cruises, it keeps asking me, dont have a vipf #?

If they cant recognize me as a past cruiser, I'm not booking a last minute. What are the chances I can get my stock onboard credit applied if things are this bad.

There was a new thread about web site issues yesterday. 

I want to cancel our cruise for March 20th, but I can't get through. At one point, I got a recorded message that said I could cancel online. I finally found online where I can cancel, but it says I'll have a penalty of over $800. Has anyone cancelled online, and it said you'd have a penalty? If so, what happened? Were you given a full credit? And what about shore excursions? Will I get those refunded directly to my credit card?

5 hours ago, athe0007 said:

I've gotten two emails from Carnival. The first said you can cancel up to 48 hours in advance and the second said 30 days. The second also said that you can cancel online using "My Cruise Manager," but I can't find an option to do so. Does anyone know what's going on? If you call them it just hangs up on you. 

i am booked on carnival dream 3/30...i have recieved no emails at all...and i cant get thru the line either....you cant cancel and reschedule online. i wonder what will happen to my booking or money if i never talk to them

Edited by dietpepsi
wrong ship

1 minute ago, dietpepsi said:

i am booked on carnival breeze 3/30...i have recieved no emails at all...and i cant get thru the line either....you cant cancel and reschedule online. i wonder what will happen to my booking or money if i never talk to them

30 minutes ago, dietpepsi said:

.you cant cancel and reschedule online. i wonder what will happen to my booking or money if i never talk to them

Exactly! Can you just kiss your money goodbye if you don't reach them and don't go on the cruse? We're paid in full. 

Here's a link to the most recent email we're received from them (let me know if you can access it):

http://view.carnivalcruiselineemail.com/?qs=b85910162d8eb9ef42c62f25a298b5b9b9d244928fa24fcd5028b0f7e49b369cf2a10d0be0986ba57234e94c4b0dfcf3ea0856509678a0779aa4f120dcbf3bd90d2c2b615e28d6c1b37a59497605d5bc

Well, I finally got into the right location, but it tells me that there will be a $486.00 charge to cancel. This is not what they said in the first email I received. It said I could cancel for free and would receive a Future Cruise Credit. I'm beginning to get a little angry. How can they expect me to risk my health or take a ~$500 hit? 

Hi,

I cancelled my March 29th Cruise online Monday evening — as directed here using my Cruise Manager.  The next day I received an email stating I had  $599 pp penalty. I paid $799 pp originally.

I called Tuesday, got through after a very long hold. Spoke to a really nice & patient guy. Bottom Line:

NO PENALTIES    The $599 pp turned into FCC. He also told me I would be receiving a FULL REFUND transferred back to my payment source ( my checking account)  for the BALANCE I paid. That is because I paid with the EASY PAY Monthly Plan. 
  I opted to use the FCC and REFUND to book a new cruise for this October. I am on the Freedom, 8C Balcony now. I was on Glory 8C Balcony —-so pretty even exchange of cruises for me. My October cruise was Paid In Full and I even received a $130 OBC.

I called Carnival yesterday ( Wednesday ) and even switched cabin location. 

What Carnival DOESN’T make clear in the email letter I received was this whole process I just described. Penalties actually NOT being one, and NO mention of my monthly EASY PAY Payments! By just reading the letter I thought I’m getting ripped off!  

I can only suggest KEEP CALLING.  Boy, at 62 years old, I assumed our System here in the US was above reproach.  I’m definitely questioning certain areas .... outside Carnival ...but this isn’t a Political Forum. 

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, athe0007 said:

Well, I finally got into the right location, but it tells me that there will be a $486.00 charge to cancel. This is not what they said in the first email I received. It said I could cancel for free and would receive a Future Cruise Credit. I'm beginning to get a little angry. How can they expect me to risk my health or take a ~$500 hit? 

Please keep calling. That’s all I can suggest. I was pretty damn upset reading my Carnival letter too! As you can read by my post, it did get straightened out. Actually, the Rep on the phone knew what was happening, and reassured me that every penny I paid would be back to me as FCC & a Refund. Silly me —— I just couldn’t read Carnival’s “Mind”!

This though is IMO a HUGE lack of information & clarity on Carnival’s end. Let’s hope lessons will be learned & applied for the future.

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

Edited by Markmom18
  • Like 1

Although I REALLY didn't want to, my family and I decided to postpone our 3/21 Horizon cruise until October :(. Today's media cycle is just churning up all kinds of negative, and we wanted to get ahead of everything.The cancellation and re-booking process was very easy though! I called reservations today and told them the cruise I was currently on, the cruise I wanted to switch to--- and that was it. Marley, the rep, took all my information, cancelled my cruise, applied ALL my money to the new cruise and gave me OBC for whatever the cruise price difference was. I didn't have to pay a new deposit and my taxes and port fees transferred over as well. 

I know several people had to fill out the form, wait for FCC, or pay the new deposit...but everything happened immediately. Just thought I'd share in case anyone was confused (like me) about the whole cancellation thing. 

• Like 1

A random rep. I actually called 305-599-2600, instead of the main contact number. I didn’t wait at all. I pressed the option for new reservations (sorry I can’t remember which # that was). 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, TheSweetLife220 said:

I followed the directions above to cancel. It says penalty $XXXX but I also purchased the insurance. So do I get 100% back? There is no place for me to indicate the cancelation reason

\

I have travel insurance, but supposedly I shouldn't need it according to the first email I got from Carnival (and according to the chart dpomes posted)

Edited by athe0007

2 minutes ago, dpomes said:

You should have until 3/31 to cancel, according to the email I received yesterday.   I was sent this info because I'm an agent.  Hope it helps.

Wow. That's really helpful. Now I just need to actually be able to contact Carnival. 😐

1 hour ago, dpomes said:

You should have until 3/31 to cancel, according to the email I received yesterday.   I was sent this info because I'm an agent.  Hope it helps.

image.thumb.png.87b5672ed544a989ce93b78552060449.png

Thank you, that is very helpful and easy to read. Thank goodness I called to move my April cruise to July last Friday so I fall in the window for the new cancellation policy again. I sure hope I don’t have to do it again, going to think positive! 

• Like 2

hi, i booked a Mediteranean cruise for 20 may 2020 4 stops being in Italy on Carnival Radiance

IT HAS NOW BEEN REROUTED TO SPAIN !! which has areas of lockdown presently in Madrid and Basque areas. 

we dont feel that this will be able to go ahead either.

can we get a CASH refund with deposit used as FCC ? as some of our group will not be able to cruise within the year and so DO NOT WANT TO use all of the payment as a FCC !!

TRYING TO GET THROUGH TO travel agent but unable last 48hrs !!

any advice please??

I tried to cancel online through the webpage. It looked like the cancellation went through but I never got any email or confirmation showing what my refund or cancellation charges would be. I need some kind of confirmation to show to my travel insurance company. 
did anyone else receive confirmation?? I noticed the webpage messing up 

5 hours ago, Aprilfoolx said:

I tried to cancel online through the webpage. It looked like the cancellation went through but I never got any email or confirmation showing what my refund or cancellation charges would be. I need some kind of confirmation to show to my travel insurance company. 
did anyone else receive confirmation?? I noticed the webpage messing up 

That's scary and what I'm worried about. I don't like making any online transaction without getting a receipt. I wouldn't even know where to look for the credit on their website. The website was flaky yesterday morning, but it seemed better in the evening. I'm still trying to get through by phone. If I can't I think we'll just go. The main reason I want to cancel now is to be socially responsible, not so worried about the virus. The probability is that we'll most all get it eventually. However, it might be better to get it in Minnesota and not in the middle of the Caribbean. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dietpepsi said:

You can ABSOLUTELY CAN cancel and re-book online, if you know what cruise you want to change to you would have to put a deposit down on that cruise. Once you've done that you send in the form that was linked in the letter/email Carnival sent out. 

https://www.carnival.com/request-forms/reimbursement-form.aspx

You can also just cancel online and YES it will say the penalty is the full amount, but due to the exception Carnival is making you will get that amount as a FCC. Carnival is well aware of what cruisers qualify for the offer, plenty of people have canceled using this method and not one of them has come back to say it didn't work. 

Log into your Carnival account-Look for Red Banner/Flag that says XX days till cruising and click

On the top of the page look for “Booking & Order Details”, look for “your bookings”

Next to the “Paid In Full” choose “View Balance Details” and look for “View Cancellation Information”.

This is also where you should see the total that you are going to be getting for your FCC (THIS WILL SHOW IT AS A PENALTY) it is not, you will get your FCC-Minus prepaid items which will go to your original form of payment. Carnival Insurance will not be refunded 

• Like 1

I thought I would start a thread to compare how long it is taking everyone to get refunds for their canceled cruise fares, taxes, port fees, shore excursions, etc.

We canceled on Monday, March 9, and have received refunds for:

• shore excursions (Wednesday, March 11)
  • spa services (Thursday, March 12) 

We have not received refunds yet for:

• the balance of our paid-in-full cruise fare that was was not transferred as FCC to another booking
  • taxes/fees/port charges
  • steakhouse reservation 

Anyone want to share your refund status?

The problem I am seeing on my end is my paid in full is $4050.36 and my "penalty" is $2651.75.  My cruise total w/o taxes $3526 so where the heck is this $2651 coming from.  We are on an April 4 sailing but are considering moving it to July. I am afraid to hit any buttons because of the lack of clarity here.  

• Like 1