February 29 Magic Review

richfret

Cruise was great but the Virus problem definitely affected the cruise and it certainly was not the same as my other 22 Carnival cruises.  Grand Turk would not allow any passengers from the ship to enter the island and we were docked in port for a few hours while they reviewed the matter.  In the end, the Magic left the port.

I did get flu like symptoms for about the last 3 days of the cruise.  Yesterday I went to see my doctor and he says I do not have symptoms of the virus but only of the flu which is very similar.  I understand that there were some other people on the ship who had the same flu like symptoms.   

Food was very good and for the first 4 days, I ate well.  After that sparingly.  During the last 4 days, all food was handed out individually by a server and you could not help yourself to any thing except the drinks.  They did not want you to touch any of the utensils.  

I don't think most people realize the extent of the problem being faced by the Cruise Lines.  We sailed out of Port Everglades and there were about 5 other large cruise ships in the port.  It was announced that we had over 4,000 passengers.  Multiply that by 6 and we have a grand total of 24,000 passengers leaving the ship and also another 24,000 boarding the ship for a grand total of 48,000.  There were also about a dozen or more freighters so let's add another 1,000 for a grand total of 49,000.     Then there is Cape Canaveral  just North of us with cruise ships.  Just a few miles South is Miami with probably even a bigger total.  A few blocks from the Port Everglades and you have the airport to add to the problem.   Now let's add all the ports from the other states.  As you can see, this is an impossible situation to resolve and is probably too late anyway.  And that was just Saturday so you can add the other days of the week which may not be as large a figure but still adding to the problem.  Do I have the answer?  No!

Not much of a review because of the virus problem, but it certainly has an effect on every thing taking place on the cruise.  Getting on, getting off (maybe!), eating, available ports, on and on it went.  Just hope we can get though this problem without any future problems.  Got a cruise scheduled for 2021 and 2022 and I am not sure what to expect.