How long (currently) to get a FCC so one can rebook?

Sailing in May.  The price for the cruise we have is now one-half of what we paid.  We're thinking of taking the credit and rebooking.  Obviously, timing this will be critical.  We need to rebook before the prices go up. 

How long is it taking RCI to issue a FCC?

Thoughts?  Experience?

3 minutes ago, Momto3girlsintheCarolinas said:

How long is it taking RCI to issue a FCC?

We were told 2-3 weeks but it took just under a week to get. We cancelled the first day of the Cruise with Confidence promo.  I think they got it to us quick because with yesterdays news of 125% FCC they didn't want the early cancellers to be calling expecting the bump up.  

5 minutes ago, rsfunk said:

Hi rsfunk.

We cancelled on Tuesday morning once our Chief Medical Officer announced that Canadians should avoid all cruise travel. Up until that point, we were still planning on cruising tomorrow. While we did receive a confirmation of cancellation from our travel agent, I don't have anything from RCL that shows our FCC.

Could you confirm whether or not the FCC you received encompasses the taxes/fees or if this was refunded and your FCC is the cruise fare only?

We had also pre-paid our gratuities so waiting to see if this will be a straight up refund or a credit.

Thanks!

1 minute ago, JillK said:

Hi rsfunk.

We cancelled on Tuesday morning once our Chief Medical Officer announced that Canadians should avoid all cruise travel. Up until that point, we were still planning on cruising tomorrow. While we did receive a confirmation of cancellation from our travel agent, I don't have anything from RCL that shows our FCC.

Could you confirm whether or not the FCC you received encompasses the taxes/fees or if this was refunded and your FCC is the cruise fare only?

We had also pre-paid our gratuities so waiting to see if this will be a straight up refund or a credit.

Thanks!

Prepaid gratuities will go back to your credit card

usually taxes and fees go back to the card as well however the information that Royal has currently available have not made this clear for the 30 day cancellations. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JillK said:

Hi rsfunk.

Thanks!

I received the FCC email, for cruise fare only,  yesterday at 4:46p (right about the time they announced the suspension) and just checked my CC, the port fees and the UDP were credited back yesterday as well.

The amounts all checked out to exactly what we were quoted, and expected, by the customer service rep that helped us on 3/6 when we cancelled.

Hope that help/answers your question. 

Edited by rsfunk
grammer
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, rsfunk said:

I received the FCC email, for cruise fare only,  yesterday at 4:46p (right about the time they announced the suspension) and just checked my CC, the port fees and the UDP were credited back yesterday as well.

The amounts al cheeped out to exactly what we were quoted, and expected, by the customer service rep that helped us on 3/6 when we cancelled.

No communication about our FCC yet and nothing back on credit card as of this morning so this gives me a good idea of what to expect. 

Thanks for the info. 

40 minutes ago, rsfunk said:

The amounts all checked out to exactly what we were quoted, and expected, by the customer service rep that helped us on 3/6 when we cancelled.

Thanks! Having specific dates let's me know what to expect. Hope to see something by Tuesday. I have already rebooked and want to put the cash on my CC to cover the deposit and my 0 balance on my CC. I booked with a refundable deposit. If there any any doubts or advisories still in play at final payment I will cancel.