Question on the credit?

isdoo

How does the credit work?

Do you just book a cruise in the normal way and then get the credit to put against the cruise? 

What happens if the next cruise is cancelled? 

Do you get 125% of the 125% you originally got?  So if the cruise was $4000 and you got $5000 credit - would you get $6250 (plus 125% of the deposit) next time? 

Bit concerned this might go on far longer than April 11th. 

Don’t know the answer but it seems it will take 3 weeks or more to receive FCC- thousands to process so using it on a April 11 cruise is unlikely.  I would be surprised if they would give you another 125% against a FCC that you used.  Personally I wouldn’t book a cruise until at the earliest June.

I could be wrong, but I think it is 125% excluding port fee and taxes.   For example, when they refund my cruise this week, I am supposed to get 75% back in credit card and 25% in FCC because the cruise was 75 days out at the time.   But I got about 82% back in credit card instead.  So I think they take the total subtract out the port fee and tax and use that as your cruise fare to calculate the FCC.

As Jelayne said - relax. It will take a few weeks to process your refund (the default). Pretty much impossible right now to guess when cruising will resume.  If the delays in resuming continue X will need to extend the expiration of FCC beyond 31 December 2020.

The policies towards FCC and everything else are in flux. Patience