Refunding BOA RCCL points

djh

Forgive me if this has been covered but I did a search and could not find the answer. I recently redeemed points for $1000 onboard credit for a future cruise (in late April) that at this point has not been cancelled. Has anybody had any experience trying to get these points refunded? Any information will be greatly appreciated!    Debbie

18 minutes ago, djh said:

Forgive me if this has been covered but I did a search and could not find the answer. I recently redeemed points for $1000 onboard credit for a future cruise (in late April) that at this point has not been cancelled. Has anybody had any experience trying to get these points refunded? Any information will be greatly appreciated!    Debbie

Call 888-305-4626

We had this happen in the past.  On a cruise canceled by RC (Oasis Crane), we had redeemed points for $750 OBC.  At first they told us lost.  We raised a stink explaining not fair.  Those were points we earned.  Went to a supervisor and got the points moved to another cruise.  

Thanks for the input! I also just found something on the website that gives me hope.

1. MyCruise Rewards are considered fully redeemed and used once they have been redeemed for electronic fulfillment. There are no exchanges or refunds for no-shows or unused portions of cruise arrangements obtained with the use of a reward redemption. Name changes, departure date changes and itinerary changes may be subject to penalties such as cancellation fees and/or rate increases as determined by Royal Caribbean. If rate increases or cancellation fees are assessed, those assessments may not be paid for using MyCruise Rewards and/or the original value of a reward redemption. If Royal Caribbean cancels the cruise vacation you have booked, we will offer a credit of equal value of the reward redemption. You are encouraged to review your Royal Caribbean cruise vacation brochure to determine whether or not you should purchase travel insurance in connection with your trip.

I called about this earlier today. The rep told me they were creating a list of those of us with BofA onboard credit, using the cancelled sailing’s reservation number. When we rebook, it should automatically apply to our new sailing. (Although I’m going to call closer to that date if I see it applied!)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Morgan32 said:

I called about this earlier today. The rep told me they were creating a list of those of us with BofA onboard credit, using the cancelled sailing’s reservation number. When we rebook, it should automatically apply to our new sailing. (Although I’m going to call closer to that date if I see it applied!)

Did you call the number Retired LEO listed above?

13 hours ago, djh said:

Did you call the number Retired LEO listed above?

What if you use the fcc for an existing cruise reservation that is in 2021 or are you not able to use the fcc that way?