Epic not in PR

AK Dreaming

3 hours ago, OrcaGirl said:

We got an update from the captain just before lunch; he says we’re on schedule to arrive near Port Canaveral and get the pilot on board around 9am tomorrow and expected to be docked and ready for customs inspection by 10am. We’re to get more info on disembarkation procedures tonight, but for now, they say no extraordinary procedures (E.g. temperature check or other health screening) have been communicated to them. 

The captain said the Epic has no suspected coronavirus cases on board (despite the fact that people continue to cough right into their hands all the time, including in the buffet — that’s my observation, not the captain’s 😒)

They are arranging free buses to transfer us all to the Orlando airport.

Thank you for the update! I hope everyone is able to enjoy the extra time before coming back to reality.

I was on the Escape last week. We were the last cruise before the shut down. I feel the cruise I was on should have been canceled before we got on. I have been on quite a few cruises and this was by far the most uncomfortable cruise I have ever been on. With the crew constantly telling you to wash your hands. I had just washed my hands and was asked to do it again one time. It was out of control. I would have cancelled if I could of with out losing my money. But this was only offered to cruises 3 days after ours departed. I work hard for my money and this was not a relaxing vacation by any means. I doubt that I will ever get on another ship.

Can see land! The Carnival Breeze just passed us heading out to I don’t know where and one of the Disney ships is just hanging out in front of us.

Any word from the outside world on the status of Orlando airport?

2 minutes ago, OrcaGirl said:

Can see land! The Carnival Breeze just passed us heading out to I don’t know where and one of the Disney ships is just hanging out in front of us.

Any word from the outside world on the status of Orlando airport?

Here is the latest map.  Breakaway is also moving out right now.  Plenty of open dock for your ship.

All the airports are ghost towns right now.  Saw a live shot from ATL this morning @ 8:00 AM and you would have thought it was a Saturday at 2:00 AM.

Annotation 2020-03-17 084231.JPG

And a quick tip for anyone else whose cruise gets extended by a few days: ask Guest Services if they’ve turned off the system that automatically deactivates guests’ cruise cards the day after scheduled disembarkation. All 3,600 passenger cruise cards got deactivated last night sometime between dinner and 8pm — we couldn’t get back into our room to finish packing. Long line to reprint everyone’s cards.

4 minutes ago, OrcaGirl said:

I really wish the captain would make an announcement; people are seeing the Breakaway sailing out and assuming it means they were turned away and that it will be the same for us.

Don't worry. Breakaway had been docked in PC for a few days and now is heading to Nassau. The ships are having to rotate ports/anchorage, etc.

Bliss is in anchorage in NYC harbor - due to set sail at 5pm today for Bermuda.

When you've docked and embarked, there are 2 remaining NCL ships with pax. Jewel in South Pacific heading to Honolulu after refueling in Pago Pago, American Samoa (not allowed to get off), and Spirit that is heading to Cape Town. These 2 are safe havens and the lucky pax are enjoying themselves.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, OrcaGirl said:

We got an update from the captain just before lunch; he says we’re on schedule to arrive near Port Canaveral and get the pilot on board around 9am tomorrow and expected to be docked and ready for customs inspection by 10am. We’re to get more info on disembarkation procedures tonight, but for now, they say no extraordinary procedures (E.g. temperature check or other health screening) have been communicated to them. 

The captain said the Epic has no suspected coronavirus cases on board (despite the fact that people continue to cough right into their hands all the time, including in the buffet — that’s my observation, not the captain’s 😒)

They are arranging free buses to transfer us all to the Orlando airport.

Thank you for the update! I hope everyone is able to enjoy the extra time before coming back to reality.

We are now docked, but disembarkation hasn’t started yet; they still need to clear customs and immigration. Captain just came on the PA to ask people to spread out and not crowd the path to the gangway because it’ll still be awhile.

56 minutes ago, AK Dreaming said:

I guess that means that you will not getting off the ship by 10:00 am.  I hope everyone planned their flights later.

A lot of people I chatted with this morning didn’t really understand the details of what had been communicated yesterday re: our arrival time. 

We booked a flight for Wednesday morning, figuring we can always go to the airport today and ask about getting on an earlier flight.

• Like 1

MCO or Orlando Int'l Airport is open, no delays and weather is fine. Relax & be patient in leaving the ship and getting there. Maintain social distance while you wait, and wash hands often if you can. 

P.S.  Port Canaveral's ship terminals have free & very good WiFi signals once you are near/inside the building to use - we passed thru & ship overnighted there recently.  Cellular providers have been boosting their signals & bandwidth.  

Screenshot_20200317-111220_FlightAware.png

Edited by mking8288