If we transferred our May cruise to July?

Tikka234

4 hours ago, wowzz said:

The UK may be open, but will anywhere else. 

I belong to a number of Canary Island forums, and the view there is that tourism for the rest of this year is virtually written off. Just too risky to allow thousands of tourists in.

But these are only laymans views wowzz, I would hope that those in the local govt will be keen to start inflating the local economies as soon as it is deemed safe by their central govts.

I still have hope that our end of Sept cruise might take place, and Paul Ludlow seemed to be indicating that they could restart by June/July.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

But these are only laymans views wowzz, I would hope that those in the local govt will be keen to start inflating the local economies as soon as it is deemed safe by their central govts.

I still have hope that our end of Sept cruise might take place, and Paul Ludlow seemed to be indicating that they could restart by June/July.

Actually I was referring to the statements by the various minsisters and tourist offices, rather than the opinions of the ordinary citizen. 

For example, one of the possible policies is just to open up 10% of hotel beds by August, but only for Spanish residents.

40 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I should think that Paul Ludlow is indicating that to encourage people to make new bookings or to feel happier accepting FCC, both of which helps their cash flow, but although I would hope that life will start to return to some degree of normality within the next few months, I can’t help but feel that cruising will be one of the very last things to return to normal.

8 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I should think that Paul Ludlow is indicating that to encourage people to make new bookings or to feel happier accepting FCC, both of which helps their cash flow, but although I would hope that life will start to return to some degree of normality within the next few months, I can’t help but feel that cruising will be one of the very last things to return to normal.

I would agree that cruising will take a lot longer than other holiday types to get back to normal. So many people in such a restricted area and access to ports will be a major factor. Also, from what I have seen of poor hygiene from some passengers particularly in buffets and the close proximity of  sunbeds I can't muster much enthusiasm for it. 

1 minute ago, dgs1956 said:

I would agree that cruising will take a lot longer than other holiday types to get back to normal. So many people in such a restricted area and access to ports will be a major factor. Also, from what I have seen of poor hygiene from some passengers particularly in buffets and the close proximity of  sunbeds I can't muster much enthusiasm for it. 

Indeed. I think it will be a brave company to be the first to recommission their cruise ships and even braver members of the public who consider that cruising is in any way a sensible choice of holiday until everyone has either had Coronavirus or been vaccinated against it! Until that time, flare ups will be inevitable and cruise ships will be amongst the most likely places for them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Indeed. I think it will be a brave company to be the first to recommission their cruise ships and even braver members of the public who consider that cruising is in any way a sensible choice of holiday until everyone has either had Coronavirus or been vaccinated against it! Until that time, flare ups will be inevitable and cruise ships will be amongst the most likely places for them. 

I really want to get back cruising ASAP,

but we need to feel safe, be able to get adequate insurance and for it to be realistically priced.

Who knows how long it will be until all 3 of these criteria are met. 

It doesn’t necessarily mean it will be a long time, we just don't know... 

Andy 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

This is an interesting read from one of the other social media forums. Puts Ludlow's "thoughts" into context.

https://www3.gobiernodecanarias.org/noticias/yaiza-castilla-preve-una-caida-de-la-cifra-de-negocio-del-sector-turistico-para-este-ano-en-torno-al-60/