Possible new itinerary

ccruzer123

We have a May 2020 cruise on Explorer.  Have been following port closures in Europe, beginning to think if our cruise does sail Regent would have to change the itinerary to accommodate these closures.  With many Mediterranean, Baltic & Canadian port closures wondering where Regent cruises might sail the months of May & June?  Thoughts!

Given that most of the world  is in "lock down" until mid May (8 more weeks), I think that it is optimistic to think they will be back sailing anytime in May. Once the curve is flattens sufficiency for the social lifestyle to return to normal, I would expect that all the Ports would reopen and pretty much the same time. Personally I don't think it will happen before July. Hope I am wrong.

J

• Like 2

One of Regent's new itineraries (for May) is Athens to Athens which includes an overnight in Istanbul.  We couldn't resist the itinerary and are in the midst of booking (it will take a couple of weeks since our FCC has to be calculated, etc.). We would rather have something booked and then have it cancelled than wait and find no availability in the suite categories.  

• Thanks 1

Tc - which ship is that -Voyager? Based on the current position, as reported, Greece is in a comparatively good position, but I think the biggest problem will be getting there and back. Not a bad idea though, given the insurance position with regard to FCC being time limited as discussed on another thread.

Further to my earlier post, Greece has now effectively closed its borders to non-residents who will have to quarantine for 14 days on arrival.

TC I see this is due to be on Splendor. It’s a long way from SAN Diego to Athens, good luck

Edited by Belfast Taxman

On 3/16/2020 at 2:13 PM, az2sea said:

We have a May 2020 cruise on Explorer.  Have been following port closures in Europe, beginning to think if our cruise does sail Regent would have to change the itinerary to accommodate these closures.  With many Mediterranean, Baltic & Canadian port closures wondering where Regent cruises might sail the months of May & June?  Thoughts!

My best guess is that if Explorer is sailing in May or June it will be in the Caribbean.

Just my two confederate sense,

Marc

• Like 1