P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, kalos said:

If one of our bakers had that on his crumpets/pikelet's  I would tell him to phone up Rentokill :classic_unsure:

They are very organic Brian .:classic_wink:

You're DROPPING a few hints about your secret recipe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

We went in the one in South Street last time we were up, is that McDowells? 

Food was good, but very run down. 

Andy 

Mcdowells is just around the corner in the High st near the old Woolworths,cheers,Brian.

1 minute ago, brian1 said:

My Mum who came from Yorkshire used to talk about pikelets.

I'm not Yorkshire born and I used to think a pikelet was the northern name for a crumpet. They taste nice the but the downside is they can't hold as much butter.😆

Avril 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, brian1 said:

Try eating a cornflake box,that'll give you an idea.

WHAAAAAAATTTTTTT ? Have you really eaten one or the oatcakes that come from Scotland that really do taste like cardboard? This is a Staffordshire Oatcake ---- lovely with melted cheese and bacon …. yum yum. Staffs ones are like a pancake in size and texture (ish)

Image result for staffordshire oatcake

Scottish ones are like this:

See the source image

Edited by Presto2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pete14 said:

Never had oatcakes nor pikelets with tripe (nor cow heals or trotters). More Northern than Staffordshire.

My mum and dad loved tripe ----- ugh. Used to make me feel sick as a child just looking at it. We don't tend to see it around anymore … thank goodness ! Think they had it with vinegar on it or something suitably grim.

Our local still does pikelets - though I don't 'get them'.

(Have been to work today and came back to all of this talk about Staffs food …. can't turn my back for 5 minutes !!)

Edited by Presto2

39 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

WHAAAAAAATTTTTTT ? Have you really eaten one or the oatcakes that come from Scotland that really do taste like cardboard? This is a Staffordshire Oatcake ---- lovely with melted cheese and bacon …. yum yum. Staffs ones are like a pancake in size and texture (ish)

See the source image

Those pancakes look rather like soft chapattis.

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Yes, been caught out with that more than once ……….

I have no idea what a chappatis is, sorry

😉

It's a type of Indian flat bread that's  eaten with curry. Oops just seen the emoji  so I'm assuming that was a tongue-in-cheek remark.😆

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Presto2 said:

See the source image

I must admit,your ones look better.I'll amend my statement to a porridge box.

Going back to the original post ie what's things like where you are, today tradesmen and traffic are out in force in the corner of the North West where we live. Until today I could walk on the road with the dog without fear of traffic to avoid the joggers etc. but it's as if someone has told everyone the lockdown is over and I missed the message. There are cars, tradesmen etc everywhere and the local supermarket carpark was pretty full when I walked past, did I miss something?

19 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

It's a type of Indian flat bread that's  eaten with curry. Oops just seen the emoji  so I'm assuming that was a tongue-in-cheek remark.😆

Avril 

To be honest, it wasn't. I don't like Indian food so avoid it like the plague, so am pretty clueless !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, my marina bay said:

Going back to the original post ie what's things like where you are, today tradesmen and traffic are out in force in the corner of the North West where we live. Until today I could walk on the road with the dog without fear of traffic to avoid the joggers etc. but it's as if someone has told everyone the lockdown is over and I missed the message. There are cars, tradesmen etc everywhere and the local supermarket carpark was pretty full when I walked past, did I miss something?

Strange but we have had our 2 week Easter Break and went back to work on Monday. We had been to work until the 3rd and commented that we thought that there were far more cars, people etc about this week than before the Easter Break. I actually asked hubby Monday morning if we had missed something ...

Presto2 I'm glad it's not just me who's noticed the difference. On the roads around our estate there are tradesmen fitting double glazing, others fitting bathrooms and kitchens, drives being dug up, extensions being built etc etc in short business as usual. !!