P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 hours ago, lincslady said:

But at least they are not sticky and putting green goo  all over your crispy fish and chips!  That is what I hate.

Your fire is very attractive Josy; we used to rather despise imitation fires but they are now so realistic that it seems sensible to have them, especially if you can no longer manage a real one.  My 'stove' actually gives out a lot of heat, which some of the  more decorative ones do not.

It is the sickly smell of garden peas that puts me off them.

I do eat whole marrofat peas so a little mushy peas I might eat but I always ask for No peas and ask for baked beans instead if they can.

Edited by grapau27

Morning all, 

I think I'm going to be in for a shock temp wise when we return home as it's 25c here.

It's my youngest son's 30th birthday today and my granddaughter's 25th.

Also my eldest son, youngest daughter and her partner are flying out to join us.

This evening we are being picked up by family and going into Palermo and then on to stay with other family members and all going out for a meal tomorrow, so a busy weekend.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

• Like 2

Screenshot_20240928_091242.thumb.jpg.1de3a9ceead0fb412ae29524be137c55.jpg

12 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Morning all, 

I think I'm going to be in for a shock temp wise when we return home as it's 25c here.

It's my youngest son's 30th birthday today and my granddaughter's 25th.

Also my eldest son, youngest daughter and her partner are flying out to join us.

This evening we are being picked up by family and going into Palermo and then on to stay with other family members and all going out for a meal tomorrow, so a busy weekend.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Happy 30th birthday to your son and happy 25th birthday to your granddaughter.

Screenshot_20240928_091305.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, purplesea said:

We are off to Italy soon and we always leave heavy jackets in the car at the airport. It can be a shock to the system moving from the lovely heat of the high 20s to minus something.

Enjoy the fine weather you have for now and get ready to embrace the great British weather.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It is the sickly smell of garden peas that puts me off them.

I do eat whole marrofat peas so a little mushy peas I might eat but I always ask for No peas and ask for baked beans instead if they can.

I have never liked peas (altho can cope if just a few on the plate) and dislike all pulses (eg kidney beans, chickpeas, lentils etc etc).

Having a day of " recovery" and acceptance after the " shock " & naivety yesterday.

At the hospital yesterday was told due to my rapidly failing eyesight that I need to surrender my driving licence...that was not a shock and I haven't driven for quite some time...no probs... but I am named driver on my husband's car insurance. Phoned the insurance company to let them know and was told I would have to pay £260 extra...that was the shock!! WHAT....I was expecting a refund.! The insurance has 5 months to run. They quoted a new policy price but that was eye watering. Didn't realise that once you are over 80 car insurance...like travel insurance...goes through the roof...and we don't do big mileage less than 3000 a year.

Ah well it is as it is...hence my day of acceptance 😌 

• Like 1