Inside Cabin Comparison - Sun vs Breakaway

Bonnie1222

We recently sailed on the Breakaway and stayed in an inside cabin.  DH and I had been worried by how small the room was going to be because we are long time Disney cruisers and their inside rooms are pretty large (185 SF).  We watched videos and looked at pictures on the internet so we were prepared for minimal storage and I packed accordingly (packing cubes, extra bags to hold things since there were no drawers).  When we got to the room, yes it was small but were pleasantly surprised how there was plenty of storage and we found we spent much less time in our room than we did on our Disney cruises because there was so much to do.

Our next cruise will be on the Sun (God willing) and this time we chose an ocean view.  We are trying to convince friends to come with us (also long time Disney cruisers), but money is tight for them and an ocean view is outside of their comfort zone.  I am trying to convince them to try an inside room, but they saw how small our room was on the Breakaway when we showed them our pictures.  By the pictures I have seen the inside rooms on the Sun, her rooms appear to be larger with better storage.  While my GF is convinced, her DH is not and keeps saying they are too small, there is no room and he doesn't want to go because of it.  

Has anyone stayed in an inside on both the Breakaway and the Sun (or their sister ships)?  Can you help me with your opinions on how they compare?  Any pictures of the rooms on the Sun would be helpful.  The ones here on CC ship information show a family or accessible - not a standard inside.  

Thank you in advance for your help.  

Good Morning.  Hopefully this will help you.  There is a website that has many pictures and videos of different ship cabins.  These pictures and/or videos are posted by all of us that have sailed.

The website is https://www.shipcabins.com/   at the top of the page you can choose the cruise line and then ship. 

Hopefully this will help your friends make their decision.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bonnie1222 said:

We recently sailed on the Breakaway and stayed in an inside cabin.  DH and I had been worried by how small the room was going to be because we are long time Disney cruisers and their inside rooms are pretty large (185 SF).  We watched videos and looked at pictures on the internet so we were prepared for minimal storage and I packed accordingly (packing cubes, extra bags to hold things since there were no drawers).  When we got to the room, yes it was small but were pleasantly surprised how there was plenty of storage and we found we spent much less time in our room than we did on our Disney cruises because there was so much to do.

Our next cruise will be on the Sun (God willing) and this time we chose an ocean view.  We are trying to convince friends to come with us (also long time Disney cruisers), but money is tight for them and an ocean view is outside of their comfort zone.  I am trying to convince them to try an inside room, but they saw how small our room was on the Breakaway when we showed them our pictures.  By the pictures I have seen the inside rooms on the Sun, her rooms appear to be larger with better storage.  While my GF is convinced, her DH is not and keeps saying they are too small, there is no room and he doesn't want to go because of it.  

Has anyone stayed in an inside on both the Breakaway and the Sun (or their sister ships)?  Can you help me with your opinions on how they compare?  Any pictures of the rooms on the Sun would be helpful.  The ones here on CC ship information show a family or accessible - not a standard inside.  

Thank you in advance for your help.  

I have no comparison to the Breakaway but my wife and I cruised on the Sun with an inside cabin.  We had no issue with the space of the cabin and we had plenty of storage.  We did not spend a lot of time there so it was perfect for us.  Even right now, she is constantly checking dates on the Sun to see when she can book it again.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, teach/2/cruise said:

Good Morning.  Hopefully this will help you.  There is a website that has many pictures and videos of different ship cabins.  These pictures and/or videos are posted by all of us that have sailed.

The website is https://www.shipcabins.com/   at the top of the page you can choose the cruise line and then ship. 

Thanks for posting this link.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, teach/2/cruise said:

I had tried to see some pictures on this site, but you can't view the pictures unless you are a member and pay a fee.  I did find one video that wasn't blocked though so thank you for pointing it out.  

11 hours ago, Bonnie1222 said:

I had tried to see some pictures on this site, but you can't view the pictures unless you are a member and pay a fee.  I did find one video that wasn't blocked though so thank you for pointing it out.  

Good Morning Bonnie1222,  there is a "backdoor" way to see the pictures without being a member.  Hope this helps.

* Click on Cruise Lines

* in the drop down menu click on Norwegian

* Click on the ship you want (Norwegian Sun)

*Click on the deck you want to explore (Example: deck 4 Biscayne)

* Scroll down and you will see a tab "Cabin Pictures"

* Click on Cabin Pictures and that will bring up all the pictures for that deck and it's sister ship

Also if you want to see what is above and below your cabin before you choose it.

Scroll down to the bottom and you will see on the right hand side you will see "Cabin Check Tool"

click on it - it will bring up a new page with all the decks.  Click on the deck of the cabin you want to search for - once you are there click on the cabin number and it will show you a view of above and below the cabin

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laszlo said:

Not that you asked.....but the Mini's on the Sun are Huge!

That would be a dream!!!!  We are so used to Disney and the prices they charge we could probably do a mini and still save money.  But to be honest - we are fine with the smaller rooms and to me that just means I can cruise more each year (2-3 times) for the same amount I would have spent on 1 Disney.  So while a mini would be tempting...  more days at sea is more tempting to me.  We booked this cruise really early so are hopeful there will price drops like on our first one.  And who knows... if it goes down enough maybe we'll bump or bid.

1 hour ago, teach/2/cruise said:

Good Morning Bonnie1222,  there is a "backdoor" way to see the pictures without being a member.  Hope this helps.

* Click on Cruise Lines

* in the drop down menu click on Norwegian

* Click on the ship you want (Norwegian Sun)

*Click on the deck you want to explore (Example: deck 4 Biscayne)

* Scroll down and you will see a tab "Cabin Pictures"

* Click on Cabin Pictures and that will bring up all the pictures for that deck and it's sister ship

Also if you want to see what is above and below your cabin before you choose it.

Scroll down to the bottom and you will see on the right hand side you will see "Cabin Check Tool"

click on it - it will bring up a new page with all the decks.  Click on the deck of the cabin you want to search for - once you are there click on the cabin number and it will show you a view of above and below the cabin

Hope this helps.

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!  Thank you.  

• Like 1

I've been on the Getaway (sister ship to the Breakaway), in an Oceanview, and on the Sun in two different insides, and the Sun's insides were bigger than the Getaway's Oceanview. We had a sideways inside on deck 9, and a regular inside on deck 6a (weird little deck you can only get to by a stairwell from deck 7). Both had small sofas, decent size desks with desk chairs and good side closets - plenty of storage. The Sun has a lot of unique staterooms in all categories and it pays to research! 

• Like 2