Carnival Cruise Rewind / (*Not) Live / Solo

sid_9169

When we left off yesterday, we were smack dab in the middle of the art deco district of South Beach... The next thing I knew, I was standing right in front of the Versace mansion. I remember the day that the man hunt for Andrew Cunanan was all over the television, and now I was literally on the steps where it all went down...

IMG_20151003_101137863_HDR.thumb.jpg.8b867354d24f555ba38796a01725e2db.jpg

I paused for a minute, and then it was time to keep moving.

IMG_20151003_101214654.thumb.jpg.03a0b46000a744e01acc8ea1264a1533.jpg

IMG_20151003_101555001.jpg

• Like 1

IMG_20151003_102221041.thumb.jpg.13b3080f2038221d8838b8495a078d97.jpg

IMG_20151003_102301132_HDR.thumb.jpg.630fd175e4d0198f002a528451913fb3.jpg

About this point, it was getting hot out. I had already walked several miles, up and down almost every street in the area. These old historic buildings are just so cool. I continued on...

IMG_20151003_105312374.thumb.jpg.c9ef1d8f5685aacb2de2874b5f701886.jpg

IMG_20151003_105639094.thumb.jpg.7e7498cf490c7636f9ee411cf84ebf8b.jpg

IMG_20151003_105514207.jpg

• Like 2

I can't believe there aren't any food pictures. I specifically recall visiting a taco place... Anyhoo, I kept waking, even though my feet were beginning to hurt. I knew that I may never see this again, so I wanted to take it in as much as possible...

IMG_20151003_110237908.thumb.jpg.7af2dfb0e1d213432592962d94824e81.jpg

IMG_20151003_110653212_HDR.thumb.jpg.55c810cd99be7c509151bc6cdaa2929d.jpg

IMG_20151003_112136221.thumb.jpg.9b851117ef6452005867800228633045.jpg

IMG_20151003_111740959.thumb.jpg.1b9309c30bec87e6eaffc8a6549b5990.jpg

I ran across a street called James Ave, so I had to take a picture of that. (It's my first name...)

IMG_20151003_113448497.jpg

• Like 4

Well, it looks like I've reached the end of that set of pictures. Afterwards, I went and stood at the bus stop and waited for the next airport express bus to arrive. It's truly the easiest, as well as cheapest way to see Miami Beach if you have a good aptitude for walking once you get there.

I need to try and find the pictures of the other time I took the bus up to the Bay Harbor Islands to catch a glimpse of Dexter's apartment. I could only get photos of the outside, and not the actual balcony or courtyard. The residents there are tenacious about people trying to sneak in there to get a picture.

I've considered trying to rent a jet ski or charter a small boat, just so I could get a picture of the actual apartment...

The next set of photos on my phone are of my next cruise a few months later on the Norwegian Getaway. I may start another thread over on the NCL board, to try and keep busy. Since this cruise, I've pretty much switched back and forth between Carnival and Norwegian. I enjoy things about both lines, and I'm just as happy on either one.

Hopefully my little rewind adventure brought a bit of memories back. I know it did for me... I just can't wait to get back on board anything at this point.

Thanks to all of you for reading, and I'll try and continue tommorow with the Norwegian cruise.

They're calling for a shut down here in Atlanta starting at noon today. Looks like another week of watching DVDs and day drinking.........

• Like 11

7 hours ago, lottiegreen56 said:

there's not a function to only look at original poster's posts in discussion threads.

Hmm.  I think there’s a lot of good information that can often be gleaned from other posters’ posts.

• Like 4

On 3/26/2020 at 11:55 AM, DubNHub said:

Cool idea Sid, always great to escape and take a trip with you, even if that trip has already happened!

Thanks, DubNHub... Hopefully we'll all get to do it for real some time soon...

• Like 1

On 3/24/2020 at 11:46 AM, sid_9169 said:

Well, it looks like I've reached the end of that set of pictures. Afterwards, I went and stood at the bus stop and waited for the next airport express bus to arrive. It's truly the easiest, as well as cheapest way to see Miami Beach if you have a good aptitude for walking once you get there.

I need to try and find the pictures of the other time I took the bus up to the Bay Harbor Islands to catch a glimpse of Dexter's apartment. I could only get photos of the outside, and not the actual balcony or courtyard. The residents there are tenacious about people trying to sneak in there to get a picture.

I've considered trying to rent a jet ski or charter a small boat, just so I could get a picture of the actual apartment...

The next set of photos on my phone are of my next cruise a few months later on the Norwegian Getaway. I may start another thread over on the NCL board, to try and keep busy. Since this cruise, I've pretty much switched back and forth between Carnival and Norwegian. I enjoy things about both lines, and I'm just as happy on either one.

Hopefully my little rewind adventure brought a bit of memories back. I know it did for me... I just can't wait to get back on board anything at this point.

Thanks to all of you for reading, and I'll try and continue tommorow with the Norwegian cruise.

They're calling for a shut down here in Atlanta starting at noon today. Looks like another week of watching DVDs and day drinking.........

Hey Sid...did you ever make it back to see Dexter's apartment? I've never had time to explore Miami but I would definitely love to see that.

Hang in there for the shut down. Stay in place here in Cherokee County but I work at Lowe's in Woodstock and every single person in the county is here getting mulch and plants and misc "essential" items because they're bored. Uggghhh.....

More pictures and memories soon to keep me sane.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CRUISERMOMX3 said:

Hey Sid...did you ever make it back to see Dexter's apartment? I've never had time to explore Miami but I would definitely love to see that.

Hang in there for the shut down. Stay in place here in Cherokee County but I work at Lowe's in Woodstock and every single person in the county is here getting mulch and plants and misc "essential" items because they're bored. Uggghhh.....

More pictures and memories soon to keep me sane.

No, the best I could do was the outside of the building from the street. The only way back to the courtyard is through a gate, also trespassing. I even asked a police officer what I could do to get a better view. He suggested renting a boat, and try to see it from the channel. If you Google "Dexter's apartment" you can see exactly where it is. I took the public bus most of the way, then walked from there...

• 2 months later...

Love the photos of South Beach.  It is the only part of Miami I really like (I find the traffic horrendous!).  Just curious as to how you stored your luggage at the airport before taking the bus to South Beach.  Are lockers located at the Miami airport?

Thank you.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2020 at 11:52 AM, pcrum said:

Love the photos of South Beach.  It is the only part of Miami I really like (I find the traffic horrendous!).  Just curious as to how you stored your luggage at the airport before taking the bus to South Beach.  Are lockers located at the Miami airport?

Thank you.

After the cruise, I took a cab to MIA, where I had a late flight... The airport flyer bus originates at MIA, and goes back and forth throughout the day... The baggage storage is located in terminal E, level 2...

http://www.miami-airport.com/baggage_storage.asp

Enjoyed this review and your other older ones without photos.  I know some love the "Live" reviews and while I agree they have their place, I prefer the ones with a longer narrative, kind of like a story.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2020 at 2:04 PM, sid_9169 said:

After the cruise, I took a cab to MIA, where I had a late flight... The airport flyer bus originates at MIA, and goes back and forth throughout the day... The baggage storage is located in terminal E, level 2...

http://www.miami-airport.com/baggage_storage.asp

Thanks for the information.  I was not aware that Miami airport had baggage storage facilities.  I wonder if most airports offer this service.  

• Like 1