Direct Marketing email from Azamara 24 March

uktog

11 minutes ago, uktog said:

Glad it worked for you as it did for our friends.  Over the last month there have been some put off Azamara because of late cancellations of their cruises but there will be people like yourselves who were well looked after and have been switched on 100%.

Welcome home, at least you escaped 7 days of lockdown its like every day is groundhog day!

Yes, I would have happily missed a few more days if they’d offered to keep us on board a bit longer.  We’re going to self-isolate for the next fortnight just in case we picked up anything in the airports, before we venture out for more provisions.  We have a fair amount of wine here already, so maybe we will be shopping for new livers in a couple of weeks! 

4 hours ago, uktog said:

Bonnie

UK mailings must come out weekly. Today’s mailing is marketing dining packages on my May cruise. A cruise that embarks in Barcelona and therefore highly unlikely to proceed. I still am of the view all marketing to booked cruisers should be switched off 

I agree, they should all be switched off.

A week after your 24 March marketing email, we have today received a "Voyage Planner" marketing email for our 24 October cruise . . . Shorex, Internet, Beverage and Dining packages.

We are not at all interested in any of those at the moment, it is a long way off and may not even be viable by the sail date.

3 hours ago, lisiamc said:

I think these emails are largely automated, and possibly very difficult to suspend in the current climate of people working from home.

* You may well be quite right.

I've gone from being a pretty loyal Azamara cruiser to being a huge fan.  We arrived back in the UK this morning on a flight organised by Azamara to repatriate the Brits and Europeans on Pursuit.  It was planned in very difficult circumstances, and flawlessly executed.  We are so very grateful for their efforts, both the repatriation and the care lavished on all passengers during our cruise, that I’m inclined to cut Azamara a huge amount of slack right now, and ignore a few marketing emails that don’t apply.  

* Glad to know you are home. Hope you remained as safe in transit as you were on board with Pursuit's amazing crew.

3 hours ago, lisiamc said:

We also made two bookings whilst we were on board, not only to use the FCC (from the altered cruise and the cancelled cruise that would have followed), but also to show faith in the future of Azamara.  We will definitely be back when they can safely resume cruising.

* Also glad you were able to make future bookings while on board, using FCC.

Likewise we will be back when Azamara can safely resume cruising. ☺️

However we are currently unable to book as you have, because we are still waiting to receive our refunds and FCC from cruises cancelled by Azamara three weeks ago.

Once again on board experience triumphs over shoreside experience!

25 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

* Glad to know you are home. Hope you remained as safe in transit as you were on board with Pursuit's amazing crew.

* Also glad you were able to make future bookings while on board, using FCC.

Likewise we will be back when Azamara can safely resume cruising. ☺️

However we are currently unable to book as you have, because we are still waiting to receive our refunds and FCC from cruises cancelled by Azamara three weeks ago.

Once again on board experience triumphs over shoreside experience!

I think I’ve misled you accidentally.  The cruises we booked are far enough out that we only paid the reduced deposit.  My plan is to pay the balance with the FCC when it arrives.  

Just now, lisiamc said:

I think I’ve misled you accidentally.  The cruises we booked are far enough out that we only paid the reduced deposit.  My plan is to pay the balance with the FCC when it arrives.  

Never mind. We are all (or mostly, as some in USA have received FCC) in the same boat . . . pardon the pun, but then we cruise in Ships, not boats. ☺️

Stay safe and well. Hope to meet you at some stage.

Trish

• Like 1