Extension of cancellations

This was posted as an updated press release from Royal-

https://presscenter.rclcorporate.com/press-release/89/royal-caribbean-extends-global-suspension-of-cruisingrnnbsp/

Not unexpected at all, I’m just grateful that I know now instead of needing to wait for an announcement as we were scheduled to sail on 4/20/20.

I would not be surprised if the cruises didn't even get delayed longer.  A lot depends upon the ports and if they will accept the ships and also if the cruise line feels the passengers won't be endangered by going to the ports.

I do think that late this summer, things will resume, but I have no knowledge,  just my own personal feelings.

3 minutes ago, TwizzlersAddict said:

It makes sense to do it in 30 day increments. if for no other reason, to help reps handling refunds in a timely manner. 

I agree with that.  It also keeps the money held in the coffers of Royal Caribbean longer.

39 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Well that’s that.  Time to cancel all the reservations associated with our end of April cruise.  I knew it was coming but was hanging on to be hopeful.  Sigh. 

I know now it’s best.  Still makes me sad.

I know. I’ve already changed my signature. We had a Bermuda cruise booked for late July on Celebrity, and I’m in the process of getting that one moved to next summer.