NCL beverage plans

Moomduck1

Hi,

We have never taken a beverage plan before. We were thinking of doing it the next time that we cruise as one of our "free" offers. (I know you have to pay the gratuities) I saw that there was an upcharge for the premium beverage plan. Would that just be the more expensive wines, etc? Thank you.

Yes pretty much more expensive wines and you get bottled water and specialty coffees with it.  The premium plus package is really not worth it because you just pay the difference on the price of the wine over $15.  It would take a lot of expensive wines to make up the extra $200pp the upcharge is. 

The big advantage for most was getting VC yellow label bottles.  They were $99 each and you could get two a night.  NCL has taken those off the bottled list included in the premium plus package.  

4 minutes ago, Moomduck1 said:

Hi,

We have never taken a beverage plan before. We were thinking of doing it the next time that we cruise as one of our "free" offers. (I know you have to pay the gratuities) I saw that there was an upcharge for the premium beverage plan. Would that just be the more expensive wines, etc? Thank you.

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/beverage-packages

20 minutes ago, Moomduck1 said:

Hi,

More expensive wines (including Moet champagne), wines by the bottle with dinner, single malt whisky/cognac/etc..., bottled water, speciality coffees and fresh squeezed juices.

We've got a cruise coming up in October, and are strongly considering it.  Between the champagne, the coffees, and the juice, we'll definitely come out ahead - just trying to decide if moderation is a better fit. 😉

24 minutes ago, Moomduck1 said:

Thank you! Since this will be our first time with a package, I think we'll stick to the first one and see how that works for us. Thank you for all of the help!!

That's the right decision. The beverage package is great  and you'll be very happy with the non-upgraded package. 

• Like 1