Bad Luck or a conspiracy

DaiC01

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The title should be changed to “sour grapes and can’t deal with reality of a difficult situation”

Amazing thank you for your iinciteful input. Climb back into your hole.

Edited by DaiC01

3 hours ago, DaiC01 said:

So why did it when I purchased onboard packages - Its not just about what is legal in each country but more about is it morally correct to deliberately delay refunds.  

Because pre-purchased onboard packages have always been able to be immediately refunded.  Canceling a cruise hasn't been.  Different processes.  What proof do you have they are deliberately delaying refunds?

Think of it this way.  When you purchase something from Target, you go to the check out clerk, pay the clerk, and walk out the door.  Now you decide to return the purchase.  You do not go to a check out clerk for a refund?  No you go to customer service.  A different job responsibility with different staffing levels.

RCCL can't suddenly redeploy the booking agents to operate as refund processors.  There are training issues and probably "trust" issues.

42 minutes ago, gatour said:

Because pre-purchased onboard packages have always been able to be immediately refunded.  Canceling a cruise hasn't been.  Different processes.  What proof do you have they are deliberately delaying refunds?

Think of it this way.  When you purchase something from Target, you go to the check out clerk, pay the clerk, and walk out the door.  Now you decide to return the purchase.  You do not go to a check out clerk for a refund?  No you go to customer service.  A different job responsibility with different staffing levels.

RCCL can't suddenly redeploy the booking agents to operate as refund processors.  There are training issues and probably "trust" issues.

So why haven't the prepaid packages I canceled on the same day that they canceled the sailing been refunded, the automated system was still functional up to 7 days after the cruise cancellation. 

7 hours ago, DaiC01 said:

So why haven't the prepaid packages I canceled on the same day that they canceled the sailing been refunded, the automated system was still functional up to 7 days after the cruise cancellation. 

According to the below in red, you implied your pre-paid packages were refunded in a timely matter,....

Since you reference 8000 pound sterling, I am assuming you are in the UK.  Did you book through Royal or a TA in the UK or did you book through Royal or a TA in the US?

If it is the latter then UK consumer protection laws do not apply.  If it is the former then as far as I know there is no definite timeline when they have to refund your money.  There are a finite amount of resource (employees) to process refunds.  They are not going to bring on a bunch of new employees just to get them over the hump.

So why did it when I purchased onboard packages - Its not just about what is legal in each country but more about is it morally correct to deliberately delay refunds.  

Edited by gatour

I know it will take as long as it takes to refund the money the small people have no recourse in such matters, but the amazing observation is nobody empathises with the people who are caught up in this {apart from RC who have the asset base to ride it out} but would rather attack me as deluded and a couple have said I must be mentally unstable for suggesting they are deliberately protecting their cash flow to the detriment of some of their customers.

PS. I realise it not just RC playing the game this way many are having the same issues with BA. The short term will be what it will be, but the long term trust in these companies to manage ethically might not.