Bad Luck or a conspiracy

DaiC01

Had our 30th April sailing cancelled by RC {no problem there only logical decision at the time} had a email promising all refund by March 25th at the latest. Then receive an email at 11pm on the 26th that their was an unfortunate delay and the that the refund wont happen until 13th April.

How is it that RC can turn around FCC and / or rebooking with 7 day but are unable resource the refund department sufficiently to comply to consumer law.

What's even more annoying is that when I was playing the drinks package game to get a lower price, I asked why it could take up to 10 days to refund my credit card the answer was it was an automated process designed to worked within consumer law for your country of origin. Funny how my drinks packages' I cancelled when I had the original cancellation email still haven't been refunded within those 10 days. {the automation seems to be turned off}.

I understand that these are difficult times for RC but surely it is just as difficult for many of their customer who could probably use that money to support their families until this is over. 

I don't accept this show of loyalty bull loyalty works to way its fine if you can afford such loyalty but many cant.

Is it me or do we seem to be getting more rant threads per day than usual? Is the social distancing and isolation getting to some folks more than others? Physch PhD majors looking for a thesis idea must be having a field day.

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, KelSny1011 said:

My April 12th cruise was also cancelled by RC but I was told that I could expect a refund in 30 days.  Curious on who gave you that March 25th deadline.

It was on the original email direct from RC.

I posted it at the time I recieved it.

18 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Is it me or do we seem to be getting more rant threads per day than usual? Is the social distancing and isolation getting to some folks more than others? Physch PhD majors looking for a thesis idea must be having a field day.

Call it a rant if you want but when a company hold £8000 of you money I think I'm quite entitled. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Surprise. I've seen some posts here on the carnival boards they are being told refunds might take 90 days and you are complaining because it wasnt done in a week or so?

Idk where you live but even I'm surprised by this.

I'm cancelled and it says refunds by april 30th, if not then I'll wait not complain. That's 5 or 6 weeks, sure some refunds for prepurchased faster but really. Just have no choice but to be patient.

I think are at home and so bored, they think up complaints.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, KelSny1011 said:

My April 12th cruise was also cancelled by RC but I was told that I could expect a refund in 30 days.  Curious on who gave you that March 25th deadline.

Dear Guest,

We wanted to reach out to you with an update on the status of your refund for your April 30, 2020 sailing onboard Quantum of the Seas.

We know we promised you your refund by March 25th. But, as a result of this unprecedented global situation caused by COVID-19, we've experienced a delay. We're sorry for any inconvenience caused by this. We now expect to have your refund to you the week of April 13th, 2020.

Please know, we are currently working diligently on processing your full refund and can assure you that it is being prioritized. We kindly ask for your continued patience as we work on getting this matter resolved for you as soon as possible.

Again, we're sorry for this unexpected impact to your vacation, and thank you for your patience, understanding, and cooperation during this unfortunate situation. We wish you good health and hope to have the opportunity to sail with you under different circumstances soon.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

Brand

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Surprise. I've seen some posts here on the carnival boards they are being told refunds might take 90 days and you are complaining because it wasnt done in a week or so?

Idk where you live but even I'm surprised by this.

I'm cancelled and it says refunds by april 30th, if not then I'll wait not complain. That's 5 or 6 weeks, sure some refunds for prepurchased faster but really. Just have no choice but to be patient.

I think are at home and so bored, they think up complaints.

Really, how do you know I'm at home and board.

6 minutes ago, DaiC01 said:

Call it a rant if you want but when a company hold £8000 of you money I think I'm quite entitled. 

Speedy refunds was never something RCI did well, they are just a bit worse with this situation.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DaiC01 said:

Dear Guest,

We wanted to reach out to you with an update on the status of your refund for your April 30, 2020 sailing onboard Quantum of the Seas.

We know we promised you your refund by March 25th. But, as a result of this unprecedented global situation caused by COVID-19, we've experienced a delay. We're sorry for any inconvenience caused by this. We now expect to have your refund to you the week of April 13th, 2020.

Please know, we are currently working diligently on processing your full refund and can assure you that it is being prioritized. We kindly ask for your continued patience as we work on getting this matter resolved for you as soon as possible.

Again, we're sorry for this unexpected impact to your vacation, and thank you for your patience, understanding, and cooperation during this unfortunate situation. We wish you good health and hope to have the opportunity to sail with you under different circumstances soon.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

Brand

My cancelled cruise date is april 26th.

I'm sorry you are upset, but really it does no good. 

I hope you get it when it's now promised but if not what other choice but patience.

Maybe they will see that you called upset and do it sooner rather than later.

I finally talked to the gal late yesterday who they assigned me for bookings and they just got her online from home. She hasnt been able to work, she said there were some kinks getting her online from home. It could be workers at rcl dont have access to process you as fast as they expected?

Btw the booking I wanted to make with her .....the price went up while I was waiting so it cost me a few dollars more than when I first called and left a message.

Many are waiting, rcl is getting folks online from home as fast as they can I was told. 

48 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

On Fox News when Gov. of NY was speaking, they flashed a tag line 10,000 mental health analysts coming to the city. There ya go!

They had a nurse working in nyc saying they had enough masks right now to use, vs governor saying they dont. 

I guess he means in the future 

Dallas needs more tests, I dont see tx governor getting any press, even though we are also a disaster area. Seems all the reporters must live in ny from the coverage.

People making masks from home here, we all doing the best we can.

1 hour ago, DaiC01 said:

Had our 30th April sailing cancelled by RC {no problem there only logical decision at the time} had a email promising all refund by March 25th at the latest. Then receive an email at 11pm on the 26th that their was an unfortunate delay and the that the refund wont happen until 13th April.

I don't think it will happen on April 13th either. They're still working on the March cancellations. I have 2 sailings in March that were cancelled and have received nothing yet. I'm willing to wait it out and give it time. 

1 hour ago, DaiC01 said:

Since you reference 8000 pound sterling, I am assuming you are in the UK.  Did you book through Royal or a TA in the UK or did you book through Royal or a TA in the US?

If it is the latter then UK consumer protection laws do not apply.  If it is the former then as far as I know there is no definite timeline when they have to refund your money.  There are a finite amount of resource (employees) to process refunds.  They are not going to bring on a bunch of new employees just to get them over the hump.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

They had a nurse working in nyc saying they had enough masks right now to use, vs governor saying they dont. 

Really? I can't find this anywhere.  I only see article after article after article, including interviews with the nurses' union, saying that they very much lack PPE.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I guess he means in the future 

Dallas needs more tests, I dont see tx governor getting any press, even though we are also a disaster area. Seems all the reporters must live in ny from the coverage.

People making masks from home here, we all doing the best we can.

I’m right outside of NYC, you can’t compare it to TX right now! In a few day from now they will start having to decide who lives and who dies. Right now first responders are dying. A local hospital where a friend is a nurse is asking the public for masks. My cousin is an ER doctor in Brooklyn, it’s really bad. Tents are being set up in hospital parking lots, temporary morgues assembled. https://www.businessinsider.com/makeshift-morgue-built-in-nyc-to-deal-with-coronavirus-deaths-2020-3

Ventilators are in very short supply.

The NYC metro area is a very small area and has the most cases and deaths (btw it’s almost impossible to be tested here so the numbers are really much larger).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KelSny1011 said:

I cancelled the Harmony April 12th and I keep sending e-mails regarding cancellations and options available.  Did no get any responses.  Finally get a response to have patience as they are prioritizing based on sail dates. Real or BS.

Just now, nelblu said:

I cancelled the Harmony April 12th and I keep sending e-mails regarding cancellations and options available.  Did no get any responses.  Finally get a response to have patience as they are prioritizing based on sail dates. Real or BS.

Its not a bs. They are expecting you to come back. You are still considered their client no matter what circumstances. Moreover, believe me or not but at some point you will give up and just take whatever deal they offer. This marketing campaign can drive people nuts at times lol. In any case its good that you have canceled your cruise. Hope you got all your money back  or at least a big chunk of it 

Just now, Roger88 said:

Its not a bs. They are expecting you to come back. You are still considered their client no matter what circumstances. Moreover, believe me or not but at some point you will give up and just take whatever deal they offer. This marketing campaign can drive people nuts at times lol. In any case its good that you have canceled your cruise. Hope you got all your money back  or at least a big chunk of it 

Sorry, I forgot to indicate my dealing is with my TA.  I haven't received any feedback as to options available as to whether it's refund or an FCC.  

6 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Sorry, I forgot to indicate my dealing is with my TA.  I haven't received any feedback as to options available as to whether it's refund or an FCC.  

If you cancelled, without waiting for RC to cancel your cruise, then your cancellation terms fall under the Cruise With Confidence policy:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-with-confidence

And for those of us who decided to book another cruise after being cancelled....and the cruise was within final payment...

Royal Caribbean immediately debited our credit card.

Quick to take, slow to refund.

• Like 1