PG latest travel advisory March 27

fedexretiree

AIS shows that the PG is still docked in Papeete. Hopefully the staff and crew are still onboard, unless they've been able to send them home on flights to somewhere else safe.

I'd rather be onboard the PG right now than in my condo tower is SW Florida, where everyday there are more people from the NYC metro area, and from Miami, coming to stay in the rental condos and those left empty by their friends and relatives who have gone further north to safer places such as Canada, Minnesota and Maine. The new arrivals don't do social distancing,  have restarted water aerobics in the pool, and they get together for happy hour at the pool every afternoon.

16 hours ago, SWFLAOK said:

AIS shows that the PG is still docked in Papeete. Hopefully the staff and crew are still onboard, unless they've been able to send them home on flights to somewhere else safe.

I'd rather be onboard the PG right now than in my condo tower is SW Florida, where everyday there are more people from the NYC metro area, and from Miami, coming to stay in the rental condos and those left empty by their friends and relatives who have gone further north to safer places such as Canada, Minnesota and Maine. The new arrivals don't do social distancing,  have restarted water aerobics in the pool, and they get together for happy hour at the pool every afternoon.

Oh my god.  As one of those snowbirds who went back north to Canada from Florida, that's appalling to hear.

I do wish the staff and crew aboard the PG all the best.

My TA is saying that PG Cruises are not refunding any cruises - merely giving 100% FCC.  This isn't IAW their cruise contract terms nor legal policies.  Can a cruise line retroactively change the standing terms of a contract without due notice?   Can they withhold a full [or partial based on accepted terms] refund based on "because of [xxx] we're kind of stretched here..."?   

23 hours ago, daetchief said:

My TA is saying that PG Cruises are not refunding any cruises - merely giving 100% FCC.  This isn't IAW their cruise contract terms nor legal policies.  Can a cruise line retroactively change the standing terms of a contract without due notice?   Can they withhold a full [or partial based on accepted terms] refund based on "because of [xxx] we're kind of stretched here..."?   

"RSSC Splendor (Panama Canal) - March 2020"

Since this cruise was cancelled, I'm wondering if you received a cash refund for it from RSSC? Just curious since we often cruise RSSC when we're not going to the South Pacific, and we have one booked for next year. We're already worried about having to reschedule that cruise, and whether we would only get a FCC rather than getting our money back once we pay in full.

How far out is your PG cruise? Have you already paid in full? As someone who has been on the PG 3 times in the last 2 years, and had our cruise cancelled this month, I would rather have them stay in business and keep all of the crew that we have come to know be still employed when we use our FCC which we found to be generous enough in these times.

SWFLOAK, you hit it exactly.  
Our PG Cruise is/was scheduled for Jul/Aug 2021 and I had only invested the 25% deposit; and there in was the problem.  The only Regent Cruise even closely resembling the failed Splendor 16 nighter was a Mariner 18 nighter MIA-SFO in Dec/Jan 2021.  

My LW has her heart set on the Panama Cruise [and later the South Pacific...] - and we accepted the FCC [125%+] from Regent - which more than covered a Seven Seas Suite on Mariner for the even longer cruise.  We prefer to keep our cruises separated by 18-24 months for numerous reasons.  The PG and Regent cruise  were too close.  I fully understand PGs predicament.  They need cash to fund the void between the 13th of March and ??? so they can start generating income.   I’m invested in their success - if they are committed to my business.   But the terms that my TA understood - and I repeated what I heard back to her - was the FCC only, minus $100 penalty p/p.   It wasn’t crystal clear when the FCC had to be used by but is sounded like Dec 2022 which isn’t published yet.  If I could Book by Dec 2022 for 2023... which I understand is impractical for PG.  So, a refund of my deposit - $200 and I’ll start over - later.