CCL Covid Refund Scam

rudoja00

I was originally scheduled to sail on the Vista on 4/11.  I cancelled on 3/13 and got part FCC and about 1k worth of refund and was told by my TA that it would be 4-6 weeks before the refund posted.  

After the cancellation today I got the following notice from my TA:

"Good morning XXXXXX,

I hope everyone is well and staying safe.  Below is the update I just received from Carnival in regards to your cruise.  Since they went ahead and cancelled this cruise they are offering the same options to you as if you did not cancel in advance.  This means you can receive a 100% credit instead of the future cruise credit portion that you originally chose.  Please let me know what questions you have and which option you prefer.  Carnival's current refund estimates are 90 days so the quicker you can let me know your preferred option I can get it submitted for you."

I was informed that NONE of the prior refunds from the last round of cancellations had been processed and that I needed to choose either 100% refund or 100% FCC+bonus at this time, and that a refund will take 90 days.  So instead of getting about 1K in a few weeks I now have to wait 3 months for a refund from a company that is getting zero stimulus bailout.

Absolutely fraudulent.  The company is going to run out of cash in the next few days and we won't get a cent back, and when they declare bankruptcy we won't have any FCC left either.  

22 minutes ago, rudoja00 said:

Absolutely fraudulent.  The company is going to run out of cash in the next few days and we won't get a cent back, and when they declare bankruptcy we won't have any FCC left either.  

You may see it as fraudulent, I see it as Carnival being overly generous to someone they do not have to compensate.  You have already broken your contract with Carnival and they are turning around and saying "You know what?  We are all in this together and we are going to give you the same benefits as those who wanted to go on their cruise but cannot due to us (Carnival)  cancelling." 

Someone at Carnival (CEO, I think?) has already stated that they are on solid financial footing at least for the rest of the year.     

• Like 2

The cancellation and subsequent FCC/Refund split back on 3/13 was per arrangement with Carnival, and at that time was advised 4-6 weeks for refund portion.   Carnival just reneged on that contract today.

2 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Over react much?

Drama?

Maybe just frustration spilling over like many of us have or will do due to the current situation.

You think it's an overreaction to be told that your refund that was originally promised in 4-6 weeks (absurd by itself) will now be 90 days?  

All of us should be very concerned at this point about ever getting our refunds or redeeming that FCC.

• Like 1

Do you really think Carnival is just sitting on the refunds for 90 days to limit the negative cash flow? The have hundreds of thousands of bookings to refund. These things will take time. They are giving themselves 90 days to make sure they are processed by that time.

Had Carnival not grandfathered in previous cancellations, you would be here complaining that you didn't get as much refund if you would have if you had waited.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rudoja00 said:

I was originally scheduled to sail on the Vista on 4/11.  I cancelled on 3/13 and got part FCC and about 1k worth of refund and was told by my TA that it would be 4-6 weeks before the refund posted.  

After the cancellation today I got the following notice from my TA:

"Good morning XXXXXX,

I hope everyone is well and staying safe.  Below is the update I just received from Carnival in regards to your cruise.  Since they went ahead and cancelled this cruise they are offering the same options to you as if you did not cancel in advance.  This means you can receive a 100% credit instead of the future cruise credit portion that you originally chose.  Please let me know what questions you have and which option you prefer.  Carnival's current refund estimates are 90 days so the quicker you can let me know your preferred option I can get it submitted for you."

I was informed that NONE of the prior refunds from the last round of cancellations had been processed and that I needed to choose either 100% refund or 100% FCC+bonus at this time, and that a refund will take 90 days.  So instead of getting about 1K in a few weeks I now have to wait 3 months for a refund from a company that is getting zero stimulus bailout.

Calm down, take a walk.

• Like 2