FL attorney general office complaint link

mnsweeps

On 3/30/2020 at 3:26 PM, mnsweeps said:

Along with credit card chargebacks, I have also officially filed a complaint against NCL on http://myfloridalegal.com/contact.nsf/contact?Open&Section=Citizen_Services . Per NCL cancellation policy, I was supposed to get refund between 7 to 14 days but at this point going back and forth they asking me for at least 90 days. This is nothing but short of delaying tactics. If you delay your payment by one day after due date you know what NCL does, right?

I would suggest anyone who feels betrayed by NCL to file the complaint using the link. I heard FL AG office is anyway investigating NCL for fraudulent C19 claims.

What is C19?

On 4/2/2020 at 12:45 AM, pokerpro5 said:

Let's do a simple supply-and-demand exercise for a moment.

When cruising starts again, do you think there will be more or less demand for it, as compared to the same time in 2019?

There will be much, much, much, MUCH less demand.  Nearly everyone I know has stated they have no desire to get on a cruise ship for at least a few years, and perhaps they never will again.  There's even two cruise ships still stuck in the water and unable to find a port to accept them!  This is an absolute nightmare scenario for the industry.

With the demand MUCH less than before, and the supply of cruises the same, do you think they can get away with charging the same prices as before?

Obviously not.  The only way they will entice the public to  give cruising a chance again would be to give some spectacular deals, where people are willing to take a shot.

If you are paying the same thing for the next cruise compared to the one you had cancelled, you are getting an absolutely horrendous deal.

Oh, and if NCL can't run for a few more months and goes under, guess what happens to your FCC?  Poof, gone!

So yes, it's your money, and you can do what you want with it.  But if you think booking today for these inflated prices is the right play, rather than getting a refund, I don't know what to tell you.

Also in terms if demand, with many unemployed demand will be less. There is also the posibility of a recession. Even employed people will be more conservative with discretionary spending.

On 3/30/2020 at 2:33 PM, mnsweeps said:

You are right..never again if they exist. I won't give my money to crooks.. Lots of fish in the sea.

The other cruise line companies are doing exactly the same thing.  

5 hours ago, dreamr said:

I had booked one of those "we'll show you the hotel after you pay" deals on an online travel site. The site in question immediately began working with all of their hotel partners to offer refunds for everyone affected by the crisis. Three days and the money was back on my card. I didn't even have to call them.

However, now that I have answered your question, I have to say that the fact that you would even make a statement like that shows me that we are on opposite sides of the empathy spectrum in this crisis. In a situation where thousands of people are losing their jobs and could use every extra dollar they can get, I believe a little compassion would go a long way. May you never find yourself in such a situation. Have a good evening. 🙂

I have a lot of compassion but think that people must take responsibility for the choices they make. If someone book non-refundable airline, hotel etc.it's their choice and they shall take the responsibility for that.

Almost everyone can loose their job and my opinion is that if you can't afford to cruise if you should loose your job you shall not book a cruise! I will never find myself in such a situation because I shouldn't   make such a bad choice.

❤️ Adam Alsing 1968-2020 ❤️

13 minutes ago, npcl said:

The other cruise line companies are doing exactly the same thing.  

That doesn't make it right. Every single tour company, airline, hotes from Fiji to India to Europe gave me credit back. If NCL (and other cruise companies) are not giving back credit in 7 days then something is fishy. I doubt bankruptcy is on the cards.

3 hours ago, mnsweeps said:

That doesn't make it right. Every single tour company, airline, hotes from Fiji to India to Europe gave me credit back. If NCL (and other cruise companies) are not giving back credit in 7 days then something is fishy. I doubt bankruptcy is on the cards.

I still have not received my refund from Hawaiian Airlines for my canceled flight from Tahiti back to Honolulu, it’s been 4 weeks and counting since they canceled the flight and when I called yesterday I was told it could be another 6 weeks... so it’s not only NCL that is taking longer then usually to issue refunds. 

6 hours ago, Bocadude85 said:

I still have not received my refund from Hawaiian Airlines for my canceled flight from Tahiti back to Honolulu, it’s been 4 weeks and counting since they canceled the flight and when I called yesterday I was told it could be another 6 weeks... so it’s not only NCL that is taking longer then usually to issue refunds. 

Then you don't have to file a complaint with anyone. 

6 hours ago, mnsweeps said:

Then you don't have to file a complaint with anyone. 

How is my experience with Hawaiian Airlines any different then yours with NCL? Hawaiian Airlines refund policy is 5-7 business days yet they are saying because the amount of cancellations they have that it could take up to 10 weeks for a refund.

10 minutes ago, Bocadude85 said:

How is my experience with Hawaiian Airlines any different then yours with NCL? Hawaiian Airlines refund policy is 5-7 business days yet they are saying because the amount of cancellations they have that it could take up to 10 weeks for a refund.

Like I said you don't to follow what I am doing. My refunds from 9 different agencies came within 5 days. In my 32 years of travel I have received refund within 7 days of my cancellation(if allowed). Looks like you are okay with getting refund from 90 days to 90 years and thats not my issue. I will not wait that much time.