Is there a carnival equivalent to The Haven?

19 hours ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

To those who say no, I would encourage you to check out the Havana rooms on the vista ships as mentioned above.

Minus the free drinks, it's pretty close to the experience.. 

There are no free drinks in the haven...... I stayed in a haven suite in 2016 and you still had to get the drink package.

I've sailed in NCL's Haven and MSC's Yacht Club, Cunard's QE2 ( that whole ship was amazing ). We've done those sailings once and would do them again. The privacy and peace and quiet are, to some worth the cost, especially the dining room. Now, do you book those sailings or book 2 regular balcony sailings. That would depend on the person. Some people will only sail those type of cabins. You can have "Fun" in those areas, that's up to you. Our last sailing on MSC Divina in the Yacht Club was a ball. Met 2 other couples on the first day and hung out the rest of the cruise. One night at the Yacht Club lounge we were asked to "keep it down"...lol

46 minutes ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

Yeah it is..

So I priced out a 7 day carnival cruise.. the difference between a rear aft balcony with and without Havana is about $500.  When I was under the impression that Havana was private the entire time, that seemed appealing.. Now that I know it's free reign after 7pm, that changes things..

It’s not, they changed that,if you r u in a Havana cabin 24/7 exclusivity

11 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

It’s not, they changed that,if you r u in a Havana cabin 24/7 exclusivity

Well, that may change things back then.. As much as we love serenity, the bar service seems to end shortly after dinner and has been mildly disappointing on our last few cruises.. If the Havana deck bar is open 24/7 as I read somewhere, that's a nice perk.. 

15 minutes ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

Well, that may change things back then.. As much as we love serenity, the bar service seems to end shortly after dinner and has been mildly disappointing on our last few cruises.. If the Havana deck bar is open 24/7 as I read somewhere, that's a nice perk.. 

maybe I mis understood, I thought u were referring to the pool area.The bar is open morning 8ish till around midnight.

8 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I have a review of Havana cabana room awith lots of pics If it helps. 

I will say that if I do it, I'm getting one of the aft facing balconies.. I'm not down for that walkway around the cabana "balconies".

I'll check your review, thanks!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

I will say that if I do it, I'm getting one of the aft facing balconies.. I'm not down for that walkway around the cabana "balconies".

I'll check your review, thanks!

Aft wraps are our fav balconies, the best at sea in our view.  Hard to get but worth it if u go that way.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Aft wraps are our fav balconies, the best at sea in our view.  Hard to get but worth it if u go that way.

So I watched some videos on that room and I have a question..

We ended up on a balcony once just below serenity.  While we were out on our balcony, we could turn around and see everyone hanging off the side of the ship staring right down at us.  It looks like this is the case on the wrap aft balconies as well.. 

Did you find that to be an issue?

We have had Havana Cabana's twice and have another two booked.  Absolutely our favorite rooms and having direct access from the Lanai to the pool is priceless.  Non-Havana ships aft or aft-wrap is what we would go for.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

So I watched some videos on that room and I have a question..

We ended up on a balcony once just below serenity.  While we were out on our balcony, we could turn around and see everyone hanging off the side of the ship staring right down at us.  It looks like this is the case on the wrap aft balconies as well.. 

Did you find that to be an issue?

Not really, sailed a bunch and the only time it was noticeable was leaving a port.  

• Like 1