has anyone cancelled their cruise through Ozcruising due to cruise no longer sailing?

Our carnival cruise for 29th June is no longer sailing.  We had paid in full through Ozcruising .  Does anybody know if they deduct their normal cancellation fee or due to these cruises being cancelled beyond our control are they giving us a FULL REFUND of all monies paid?

1 hour ago, korky1 said:

Our carnival cruise for 29th June is no longer sailing.  We had paid in full through Ozcruising .  Does anybody know if they deduct their normal cancellation fee or due to these cruises being cancelled beyond our control are they giving us a FULL REFUND of all monies paid?

We have had a notification as our May 23rd cruise has been cancelled, and as a company they give you their option of credit of 100% for 24 months or100% refund if this not acceptable: see below: (Excerpt from paperwork received)

Recently we have had to make some changes to our refund policy, which affects all new and previous booking cancellations. We have been informed by most of our suppliers that refund processing times have increased substantially, this has had an impact on our ability to process refunds within the next 3-6 months

Option B – For passengers not opting for a future cruise credit with Princess Cruises. (That's who we were with - yours will say Carnival) We will be offering an Ozcruising credit for 100% of your cruise including port fees and taxes, this will be available for you for up to 24 months from your original cruise date.  We wish to reassure you that if your credit cannot be used within this period it will be refunded in full however may take 6 months onwards after request.

You should get your notice soon. Hope the above helps

Edited by dizzy1948

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Six months for a refund sounds dodgy. Good luck with it.

Live in hope - die in despair.  We could have a Princess FCC - we're deciding over the weekend. I only posted bits of the communication for info purposes, there is a link to Princess re their FCC

Edited by dizzy1948

I don’t like the sound of the way I understand it.  The Princess website is saying up to 60 days for refund and FCCs.  Ozcruising is taking away a customer's choice of having a refund but offering its own credit to be used up to 24 months and then if the credit can't be used within the 24 months, a refund will then be offered but will take 6 months!  When I'm ready to book a cruise again, I won't be using them.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 2:14 PM, itil4get09 said:

I don’t like the sound of the way I understand it.  The Princess website is saying up to 60 days for refund and FCCs.  Ozcruising is taking away a customer's choice of having a refund but offering its own credit to be used up to 24 months and then if the credit can't be used within the 24 months, a refund will then be offered but will take 6 months!  When I'm ready to book a cruise again, I won't be using them.

Just a quick update for us. Sent a request for refund, got a delivery receipt, no read receipt. (No surprises there as read receipts can be declined) Response time between 7 - 10 days. Sent on 2/4/2020 - so given we have Easter, being generous, would allow to 17/04/2020, being 10 working days max. Meanwhile, I contacted my bank, and have received our deposit back. as it was paid by credit card, and also it wasn't a vast amount of money. I have all correspondence from OZ Cruising, so at this stage we are between two pillars. We have to play a waiting game. Bank or OZ Cruising ???? Ironically, I receive up coming email cruises from OZ Cruising, got one today, advertising Aus cruises from July. I'm not writing them off yet re refund, but I am covering all options. Made two other payments on the same day, one to cover the remaining cost of the cruise, and the other to cover the upgrade to balcony. So at this time it's, one dispute down at the bank, two to go. I expect I  will have to provide all relevant info in the next couple of working days, again, will take us past Easter.When I made a follow up call on Monday 6th, got a plastic answer, "Our call centre is closed" all correspondence to be via email blah blah.

Just an update

Edited by dizzy1948