OBC per Cabin but Maybe Only One Cruiser

plettza

I got an offer from Carnival for $800AUD onboard credit.  I booked a cruise for August.  I entered my name and my partner's name in the booking so we get $400 OBC each according to our contract.  She's hesitant to go but as my family is going and it'll be my mum's birthday onboard the ship, I'll go by myself on this booking if I need to.  She's hesitant to go not because of COVID but she wants to save her holidays for another time.  However, knowing her, she'll want to come at the last minute.  In any case, if she ends up not going, do I get her onboard credit or is that portion forfeited?

Should I cancel her name and just inform Carnival I'll be solo in that cabin for that booking?  Would I then score the entire OBC if that's the outcome?

Any help is appreciated.

Edited by plettza

Carnival Australia is an entirely different company with different policies. No one here will be able to answer accuratley unless they sail Carnival Australia.

Edited by lizord

57 minutes ago, lizord said:

Carnival Australia is an entirely different company with different policies. No one here will be able to answer accuratley unless they sail Carnival Australia.

While that's true, having seen in the usa if you cancel the 2nd pax, you get billed 200%, I wouldnt chance it unless I had it in writing they wouldnt do that.

I'd have her be a no show, and then her taxes be refunded after the cruise.

The only thing is if we, here in Australia, call Carnival, it gets routed presumably to Miami.  I've never spoken to an Aussie for a Carnival issue.  However, when we call Princess or HAL, we've gotten through to local staff.  I've found the Miami staff are usually pretty good but some nuanced differences they may not be entirely on top of.

In any case, I don't want to tie up phone lines at this stage so I'll wait and see until final payment is due around late June

Carnival Australia have moved over to the US-based booking system.  I'm on the phone with Carnival now.  I asked the lady what happens if my partner is a no-show.  She said I could simply go to Guest Services when onboard to have the OBC put entirely to my Sail 'n' Sign card.  It's a good amount money which I could use towards some Thirsty Frogs!  As suggested, I'll leave her on the booking as I know when the time gets closer, she'll want a nice 8-night cruise.

• Like 1