CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

53 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I think we are in agreement.  If P&O cancel the cruise, you can leave your FCC on your account and use it before Dec 2021.  However, if they have not yet cancelled a cruise you can't.

Sorry Jean, but we aren’t in agreement 😂 P&O had not cancelled my cruise, but let me convert my deposit to FCC  They cancelled the cruise a week or so after I did this. 

52 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I think we are in agreement.  If P&O cancel the cruise, you can leave your FCC on your account and use it before Dec 2021.  However, if they have not yet cancelled a cruise you can't.

I understand your point Jean, but knowing P&O I imagine that different agents will be giving different advice, just as they always have. Maybe we need to deluge them with messages asking for clarification.

1 minute ago, Selbourne said:

Sorry Jean, but we aren’t in agreement 😂 P&O had not cancelled my cruise, but let me convert my deposit to FCC  They cancelled the cruise a week or so after I did this. 

Well in that case, I have been given duff info as you rightly say.  So what else is new?

53 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Graham, thank you for the contact.  My friend, who is an ex professional singer in musical theatre, has got her voice back and can still match our Vera Lynn any day.  She got this virus (if it is that) in January and is still only just getting her breathing back after a walk.  Nasty little virus isn't it.

You are welcome.

I am really pleased she was able to help you like she helped me.

Coronavirus is a nasty virus and we know several people who have died through it.

I am happy for your friend who seems to have had a nasty bout but hopefully she is on the mend.

We played Vera Lynn music all the time for Pauline's mam when we cared for her in her last 4 years of life battling Alzheimer's and Vascular Dementia and your friend must have a lovely singing voice if she sounds like Vera Lynn.

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Jean

Can P&O fore see that the October cruise to the Med will not go ahead.

Yes they can.

Selected ports not open to them, Italy, and Spain

So they cannot offer the cruise as booked.

On the cancellation under the T/C they need to refund 125%.

Early doors worked in there favor, but since then to much liquid extraction.

Will pursue when able, and happy to take responsibility for my action.

Reason, from our perspective only; we signed up and spent the money, we have not lost the money but we have lost the memories that that expenditure should have bought.

Very aware that the company are still averse to reasonable personnel Individual requests,but not from us, and instead they revert to T/ C.

We have therefore decided to regain all refunds in cash immediately, and then be in a position to decide how we go into the future.

We only started cruising in May 2016, after much reluctance from me.169 nights later and with a further 93 nights booked, all with P&O we have decided to take a step back.

We have had some great company, generally good table companions and many laughs.

And have met some incredible staff who will stay in our memories.

One of the main reasons to take this step is that we do not like BS 

Some of the donkeys on here and other social media sites need culling

We are particularly distressed that one such donkey, when challenged, said they were an NHS worker!

The post was taken down so was my challenge

Paul Ludlow you need to sort all this out, or get your MD to.

Its embarrassing, and you should be ashamed!

Edited by mercury7289
error
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Well in that case, I have been given duff info as you rightly say.  So what else is new?

OK Jean. Mystery solved. Unbelievably, P&O did change their T’s and C’s yet again on 23rd April, which was after I cancelled my booking and converted my deposit to FCC which is now on my account. 

From 23rd April people are able to do what I did (convert the deposit to FCC but not assigned to a specific cruise) on cruises departing in August only. So, if prior to balance due date, you could ask for FCC and just let it sit on your account. For cruises from September onwards you can cancel a booking but must assign the FCC to a new booking, as you say, but this can be changed unlimited times. 

Whilst Summer 2022 and beyond cruises have yet to be released, P&O has also confirmed that any FCC (whether unassigned like mine, or on a revised booking) can be used on those cruises, from when they go on sale until 31st December 2021. 

Blimey. Does it have to be so confusing? It’s no wonder that everyone (including TA’s) is getting muddled!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

You are welcome.

I am really pleased she was able to help you like she helped me.

Coronavirus is a nasty virus and we know several people who have died through it.

I am happy for your friend who seems to have had a nasty bout but hopefully she is on the mend.

We played Vera Lynn music all the time for Pauline's mam when we cared for her in her last 4 years of life battling Alzheimer's and Vascular Dementia and your friend must have a lovely singing voice if she sounds like Vera Lynn.

Graham, she was treated for bronchitus.  Antibiotics didn't work, changed to different one, then she felt slightly better.  However, 4 days later went downhill, couldn't breathe properly, friend took her to a drop in centre at local hospital.  ECG etc. etc.  However, she pulled through and when I heard her sing down the phone, I knew we were on the mend!  Britboys who posts on here has sat round the piano on Oriana and heard her sing.  It's a big powerful vera Lynn type voice and she's still got it at 84.  We love the choir on the ships.  She has had a solo quite often obviously.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Jean

Can P&O fore see that the October cruise to the Med will not go ahead.

Yes they can.

Selected ports not open to them, Italy, and Spain

So they cannot offer the cruise as booked.

On the cancellation under the T/C they need to refund 125%.

Early doors worked in there favor, but since then to much liquid extraction.

Will pursue when able, and happy to take responsibility for my action.

Reason, from our perspective only; we signed up and spent the money, we have not lost the money but we have lost the memories that that expenditure should have bought.

Very aware that the company are still averse to reasonable personnel Individual requests,but not from us, and instead they revert to T/ C.

We have therefore decided to regain all refunds in cash immediately, and then be in a position to decide how we go into the future.

We only started cruising in May 2016, after much reluctance from me.169 nights later and with a further 93 nights booked,m all with P&O we have decided to take a step back.

We have had some great company, generally good table companions and many laughs.

And have met some incredible staff who will stay in our memories.

One of the main reasons to take this step is that we do not like BS 

Some of the donkeys on here and other social media sites need culling

We are particularly distressed that one such donkey, when challenged, said they were an NHS worker!

The post was taken down so was my challenge

Paul Ludlow you need to sort all this out, or get your MD to.

Its embarrassing, and you should be ashamed!

The ships and crew are the reason we have sailed with P&O just like Royal Caribbean and Princess ships and crew.

The call centre or Head office staff of all cruiselines have always been incredibly helpful.

It is very sad that genuine staff have been encouraged to lie and stonewall loyal customers to stall everyone for at least 60 days on Refunds.

I do not know Paul Ludlow personally but the buck stops with him and where he goes from here is anyone's guess but his position must be close to untenable if things continue on the current path.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Graham, she was treated for bronchitus.  Antibiotics didn't work, changed to different one, then she felt slightly better.  However, 4 days later went downhill, couldn't breathe properly, friend took her to a drop in centre at local hospital.  ECG etc. etc.  However, she pulled through and when I heard her sing down the phone, I knew we were on the mend!  Britboys who posts on here has sat round the piano on Oriana and heard her sing.  It's a big powerful vera Lynn type voice and she's still got it at 84.  We love the choir on the ships.  She has had a solo quite often obviously.

Hello Jean. I haven't been following a lot of the posts on here recently because a number of them have bordered on aggression, which I really don't want. I had not realised that S had been poorly but am pleased to hear she is well again. Please do send her my best wishes. Regarding her voice, imho it is far better than Ms Lynn's has been for a number of years. Whilst I do appreciate what a great job VL did during the war years, I am not a fan of her later voice or indeed her as a person.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

She sounds wonderful as does her voice.

Her illness must have been frightening for her but lovely that she is on the mend.

Paulines mam's last cruise sharing our Cabin was for her 90th birthday on Ventura.

Andrew, I well remember having a drink with you round the piano with George playing and it was about midnight.  He launched into a song that escapes me, but suddenly S sang the last chorus and hit a huge note and the whole area clapped.  Happy days.  Yes I will give her your best wishes of course.

Just now, grapau27 said:

The ships and crew are the reason we have sailed with P&O just like Royal Caribbean and Princess ships and crew.

The call centre or Head office staff of all cruiselines have always been incredibly helpful.

It is very sad that genuine staff have been encouraged to lie and stonewall loyal customers to stall everyone for at least 60 days on Refunds.

I do not know Paul Ludlow personally but the buck stops with him and where he goes from here is anyone's guess but his position must be close to untenable if things continue on the current path.

Graham

I totally agree with the first part of your post, the only person that I spoke to was either well trained or incredible,

I think incredible, came across as a nice guy.

My first question to him was, you must be pissed off, his response was not a bit, in my option he was credit to the Company and I would have been happy to employed him.

However on the second part, I wonder if Paul Ludlow is just the face of P&O UK.

Titled position but no control.

At the end of the day companies over this side of the pond, have a Chairman, not exactly a hands on position but do give guidance when necessary and are the face of the organisation.

Then you have a Managing Director, who's roll is to dictate to the Departmental Directors, who report to him and to make sure that the companies wishes and dictates are carried out, albeit sometimes after board room agreement.

I think Paul is in the position to protect the MD, well paid to take the stick!

• Like 1

So I have followed this thread all the way through, but not posted.

We were due to sail not 19th April on Britannia which was cancelled on 30th March, I filled in the refund form online that day. 

I didn’t contact them at all since then.  Low and behold have just checked credit card and refund has arrived today with a posting date of 18 May.  Delighted to get it back.

Hope everyone waiting has a good outcome soon 😀

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Lpppsp said:

We were due to sail not 19th April on Britannia which was cancelled on 30th March, I filled in the refund form online that day. 

I didn’t contact them at all since then.  Low and behold have just checked credit card and refund has arrived today with a posting date of 18 May.  Delighted to get it back.

Great news.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lpppsp said:

Great news... We should have been on the same cruise but cancelled earlier on medical grounds... Still nothing... 

Andy 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Blimey. Does it have to be so confusing? It’s no wonder that everyone (including TA’s) is getting muddled!

It has always been thus - in my experience they have always made the simple complicated

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Andy I hope your refund turns up very soon.

After the positives of Helen Lamb yesterday, today was back to stock answers, 'your claim is being dealt with' but no dates or encouragement... 

I've given up stressing, it comes when it comes... 

Andy 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Great news... We should have been on the same cruise but cancelled earlier on medical grounds... Still nothing... 

Andy 

I don’t think any of us will ever understand the logic of their systems, I fully expected to start chasing them in June. You never know maybe one day when all this madness is over we will see you onboard 😀

• Like 1