TA didn't make final payment

jken

i'm pretty certain you can only do this if you booked directly through RCI. I currently have two cruises booked, one booked with a TA and one booked through RCI directly. Only the one booked through RCI directly shows anything about Balance Owed (it currently says $0 as we are a couple of weeks from cruising) or gives me the option to make online payments.

Well, I don't know for certain if I can see my balance because I booked directly with RCL or not. From the home page, I select "My Cruises" and it brings up a "My Cruises" page which lists my purchases and held cruises along with, C&A status, etc. and a link to click "Don't see your reservation"? When you click this link, here is the text.

"If you made your reservations with a travel agent, another travel website or over the phone, please supply the information below to access the reservation and save it within your My Cruises account." It asks for last name, reservation number, date of sailing, and ship.

So based upon the above paragraph, one one think (I know thinking is dangerous :D ) you'd be able to view your reservation regardless of who you booked with.

kyriecat - My "outstanding balance" is under "Reservation Summary" which is on the right side of the page after I select my reservation from the "My Cruises" page. My "outstanding balance" is 0.00, but before I made final payment, there was an amount there. Above the outstanding balance is paid amount and package total.

So based upon the above paragraph, one one think (I know thinking is dangerous :D ) you'd be able to view your reservation regardless of who you booked with.

And that is what I've done, and I can see the reservation itself. I'm saying, though, that with the reservation I booked through a TA, I can't see the balance information or make any payments on the RCI website itself. And I just pulled up both my reservations to compare, and there is a difference in the way the one I booked directly with RCI is displayed (more options available) and the one I booked via a TA.

wrp96 - Sorry,I was in the process of typing a response when you posted before. Since you've booked both ways, I'm sure you know what's happening. I don't see the logic in not displaying the same information for all bookings. I can see why alterning may be disabled though.

Here's my update:

I called my TA this morning and all she could say was "Sorry, I'll make the payment right now". I won't be using a TA again unless one is recommend to me. I don't want to believe that she treats all of her customers this way but an hour later she called and asked me how much did I owe. I had to forward to her an invoice that she had e-mailed me earlier.

I wonder what happened?

TA's would rather forget to breathe than forget a final payment these days; it's a really big deal!

If I was you I'd be crazy over something like this--you're really dealing with it well!

as there are many, since we cannot mention here I won't but I will talk via email. You need to be careful, read what they send you as we have had wrong names, misspelled names, wrong credit card charged, etc. RCCL even charged my Celebrity VISA (MBNA closed it & issued a new one) for another woman with my name but in TX not OH. SO after my phonecall I got a nice discount on Freedom!

My TA knows me, since we are friends but in 2 different states. She has a list of where we haven't sailed, since we don't want to repeat ports unlessw they are special (like Venice or Rome). Sh emails me when a cruise is announced so I get mega discounts that RCCL gives as well as group rates that she books easily 200 folks per cruise. We got gift cards for dinner at specialty restaurants, wine, photos, even excursions that we had talked about. When we cruise together there is a party every night in her suite.

So stating that TA's are bad isn't correct since there are professional, caring ones out there. Just need to know who they are.

Well, this is why I book directly. I have had two horrible experiences with Travel Agents, and I avoid them at all costs.

Archived