TA didn't make final payment

jken

Has this ever happend to anyone? My TA was suppose to make my final payment which is due today. I spoke to her twice today and now her office is closed:mad: . I just called Crown and Anchor and they told me they wouldn't cancel my cruise but but they wouldn't take the payment from me either. They said to call her tomorrow to make sure the payment is made.

First I would find out why she failed to make it.

Im a TA and all she has to do is log onto her cruising power account and submit the payment, not hard, even if she was too busy to pick up the phone.

The first thing you need to do is find another travel agent. You're lucky that you know she didn't make payment so you can keep on top of the situation yourself. We know some people that didn't find out their travel agent failed to remit final payment for the second leg of a back to back cruise until they were on the first cruise. In any case, if you decide to book another cruise while on board the cruise your agent has failed to pay for, remember that a new booking will revert to the original travel agent unless you tell them differently while on the ship. No sensse giving any extra business to this person.

I personally book through RCL for a repositioning cruise in May 2005 and thought my final payment would come out automatically on my credit card.

Wrong....

When my statement came and it wasn't on with less than 40 days to sailing, I called RCL, and they said it was my responsibility to call it in on final payment due date. Fortunately my 2 cabins were still held. The sales rep said I was fortunate since it was a sold out sailing. I was very surprised that they would not have called me.

Karen

I personally book through RCL for a repositioning cruise in May 2005 and thought my final payment would come out automatically on my credit card.

Wrong....

When my statement came and it wasn't on with less than 40 days to sailing, I called RCL, and they said it was my responsibility to call it in on final payment due date. Fortunately my 2 cabins were still held. The sales rep said I was fortunate since it was a sold out sailing. I was very surprised that they would not have called me.

Karen

This happened to me too. I knew they would not charge my card automatically, but I forgot about it. They never said a word. I realized it about 4 weeks before sailing when I went online to fill out our document info. They still held our cabin and I called right away and paid. It all worked out but I consider ourselves lucky.

I wish they did have an option to automatically charge your card when due.

My son's honeymoon is 3/12. With the holidays I lost track of paying and TA had permission to use card when necessary to finalize payment. Well I checked charges in end of Jan. for holiday purchases I realized no payment was made for honeymoon. One month late but no problem after I reminded TA lol. ..... Now yesterday I had to tell TA to check cause prices dropped. Duh....don't think I'll be using TA anymore. I do better on line.

My son's honeymoon is 3/12. With the holidays I lost track of paying and TA had permission to use card when necessary to finalize payment. Well I checked charges in end of Jan. for holiday purchases I realized no payment was made for honeymoon. One month late but no problem after I reminded TA lol. ..... Now yesterday I had to tell TA to check cause prices dropped. Duh....don't think I'll be using TA anymore. I do better on line.

I would want to know why the TA didn't return my call on such an important matter. This isn't a matter of you calling with a general question about the ship. This is a booked or not-booked scenario, potentially, and although RCCL assured you, that really is your TA's job.

A couple of years ago we had a cruise booked to the Southern Caribbean. I called the TA to find out about making the finale payment. The phone was disconnected and he was out of business and never called totell us or anybody else who had trips booked through him. I knew where the TA lived, we went over to his house, beat on the door but no one would answer even though I could see the TV on. My wife's co-workers daughter was a TA and she helped us out. She called RCCL, was about to get all our information and we were able to get everything all straighten out and had a wonderful cruise. She did all of this for us and received no commission. We now us her all the time and have very satified with all her work.

When is final payment due? Is it 60 days? I want to check up on this myself.

Thank you.

From RC website:

When is the balance due?

Final payment of the balance must be received at Royal Caribbean's offices at least 60 days prior to the sailing date for 3, 4, or 5-night cruise vacations and 70 days prior to the sailing date for 7-night or longer cruise vacations. The payment schedule for groups is different from that of individuals. You will usually receive cruise and air documents no later than 28 days before the start of your cruise.

For all holiday sailings, (Christmas and New Year's), payment is due 90 days prior to sailing.

Some TAs ask for payment a little earlier (like 75 days out for a 7-nt or longer) to make sure they have time to process the payment before the deadline.

Has this ever happend to anyone? My TA was suppose to make my final payment which is due today. I spoke to her twice today and now her office is closed:mad: . I just called Crown and Anchor and they told me they wouldn't cancel my cruise but but they wouldn't take the payment from me either. They said to call her tomorrow to make sure the payment is made.

Time to find a new travel agent!

Giving your TA the benefit of the doubt, If she made her payment through Royal Caribbeans agent only website, then the payment takes up to 24 hours to show to the res agents. If the payment was due today, then your TA MAY have made the payment. Give it until tomorrow and call RCI back to see if it's showing.

My final payment is supposed to automatically come off my credit card at a given date but just to be safe, I always call 2 weeks ahead and tell them I want to make final payment now and just give them by credit card number. This way I know its over and done with.

How can you tell if final payment has been made? I used an online travel co... and I was definitely charged for the final payment, but I'd like to verify that the payment was made to RCCL

You can go to Royal Caribbean's website and under "MyCruises" find out about you balance. If you haven't already registered there, you'll need to do that first. At some point, you'll also need your booking number.

Are you sure yesterday was the true final payment date (70 days from your cruise).

My TA puts a 5-7 day buffer in on my invoice, just in case. When I call her to make final payment, she tells me she'll make it on the 70th day, just in case there's a price drop. So count the days, your TA may be doing the same thing.

Also, the cruiseline will not cancel you if you don't make final payment on the exact day.

You can go to Royal Caribbean's website and under "MyCruises" find out about you balance. If you haven't already registered there, you'll need to do that first. At some point, you'll also need your booking number.

i'm pretty certain you can only do this if you booked directly through RCI. I currently have two cruises booked, one booked with a TA and one booked through RCI directly. Only the one booked through RCI directly shows anything about Balance Owed (it currently says $0 as we are a couple of weeks from cruising) or gives me the option to make online payments.

Are you sure that works for people who have booked with a TA? I can't find my balance listed on the site.

i'm pretty certain you can only do this if you booked directly through RCI. I currently have two cruises booked, one booked with a TA and one booked through RCI directly. Only the one booked through RCI directly shows anything about Balance Owed (it currently says $0 as we are a couple of weeks from cruising) or gives me the option to make online payments.

You can also get your cruise booked through a TA you have to have the booking number and register it. I did it for my cruise in May.

You can also get your cruise booked through a TA you have to have the booking number and register it. I did it for my cruise in May.

Where is the balance located? I have my booking ID and reservation registered, but I cannot find a link to check the balance. I can find links to view my cabin, deck plans, shore excursions, itinerary, but no balance.

You folks with delayed final payments were all very lucky. RCI has a new computer system that will now auto cancel all cabins without deposits or final payment by the due dates... be very careful, and if you're using a TA, I would suggest calling them to remind them that payment is due.

I always tell my clients the due date is 5 days before the cruise line wants the money.. this gives both parties a bit of a cushion.

Oh, I can access the cruise I booked through a TA to look at it, it's just that the one booked through a TA doesn't show a balance or payment option, unlike the one directly booked through RCI.

To kyriecat, if the balance shows, you would go into the reservation and it would be in the upper right hand corner. On my RCI booked reservation, in the upper right hand corner, it shows how much the cruise fare was, how much I've paid, and the balance due ($0). On my TA booked reservation, in the upper right hand corner, it only shows my TA information and says to contact them if I have any questions.

I think the difference stems from the fact that if you book directly through RCI you are authorized to make changes to the reservation yourself, but if you book through a TA, the TA "owns" it and so even though it is "your" reservation, you aren't allowed to make changes on it directly, the changes have to go through your TA.

Archived