what are the chances on a june ncl cruise ?

seaman11

3 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

You need to widen your horizons a bit. This is a worldwide pandemic. Check the weather in Singapore and their continuing NEW CASES of covid19 you'll see how totally wrong you are.

iv seen mixed reports, some saying the warm weather will possibly slow it down,  to it wont effect it at all .  

https://www.accuweather.com/en/health-wellness/study-on-new-coronavirus-says-warmer-weather-may-slow-covid-19-spread-and-cooler-weather-may-accelerate-it/707177

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

iv seen mixed reports, some saying the warm weather will possibly slow it down,  to it wont effect it at all .  

https://www.accuweather.com/en/health-wellness/study-on-new-coronavirus-says-warmer-weather-may-slow-covid-19-spread-and-cooler-weather-may-accelerate-it/707177

Slowing the rate of transmission is not the same as killing and stopping the virus. The post on this thread was about warmer and more humid weather here in the U.S. would kill and stop the virus. The article you attached only supposes a slowing down of the virus. No one has ever claimed that hot and humid weather would kill the virus, otherwise you would not find new cases in places like India and Singapore.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

seaman11, I wish I could say that a cruise in June, July, August...... was likely or possible but I don't know.  

I was a health care worker for many years and have never seen anything as horrible as this pandemic.  

Do you ever check out the numbers for your area or those of the rest of the US or the world?  

Have a look just at this most recent graph... scroll down until you see the individual numbers for the world's countries. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

US has over 23 thousand NEW Cases today.  I hope and pray that number goes down soon.  They are losing so many wonderful seniors and others as well.   

My focus right now is trying to help, whether it's monetarily or psycologically, people who are being so affected by this virus.  Please take care of yourself.  Physical distancing is so important right now.  

Be well. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

You need to widen your horizons a bit. This is a worldwide pandemic. Check the weather in Singapore and their continuing NEW CASES of covid19 you'll see how totally wrong you are.

Ok first off Singapore is no where near what NY/NJ is seeing in cases they have 3,669 confirmed cases with 10 deaths. My point was many people believe the virus is not as strong in hotter and humid weather. It seems man hot / humid places aren’t on the rise as badly as the US

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kwokpot said:

Slowing the rate of transmission is not the same as killing and stopping the virus. The post on this thread was about warmer and more humid weather here in the U.S. would kill and stop the virus. The article you attached only supposes a slowing down of the virus. No one has ever claimed that hot and humid weather would kill the virus, otherwise you would not find new cases in places like India and Singapore.

well i agree , never said it would kill it , talking about possibly slowing the spread of it 

Just now, Kirchoff91 said:

Ok first off Singapore is no where near what NY/NJ is seeing in cases they have 3,669 confirmed cases with 10 deaths. My point was many people believe the virus is not as strong in hotter and humid weather. It seems man hot / humid places aren’t on the rise as badly as the US

Many of those 'hotter-more  humid' places are also much lower in population or, like India, are taking social distancing and lockdowns very, very seriously in their crowded areas.

Florida is hot &  humid, they have plenty of cases.  Texas as well.  We just can't count on heat or humidity having anything to do with the slowing of transmission.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

seaman11, I wish I could say that a cruise in June, July, August...... was likely or possible but I don't know.  

I was a health care worker for many years and have never seen anything as horrible as this pandemic.  

Do you ever check out the numbers for your area or those of the rest of the US or the world?  

Have a look just at this most recent graph... scroll down until you see the individual numbers for the world's countries. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

US has over 23 thousand NEW Cases today.  I hope and pray that number goes down soon.  They are losing so many wonderful seniors and others as well.   

My focus right now is trying to help, whether it's monetarily or psycologically, people who are being so affected by this virus.  Please take care of yourself.  Physical distancing is so important right now.  

Be well. 

yes my county in va has a few hundred cases and 0 deaths so far . 

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS877US877&sxsrf=ALeKk02cqV5JjMsHizFlgmVotz1h9YvCzg%3A1586980974135&ei=bmiXXpLqB6mwytMP8MKe6Ag&q=covid+deaths+prince+william++county&oq=covid+deaths+prince+william++county&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzIFCCEQqwIyBQghEKsCMgUIIRCrAjoECCMQJzoHCCMQsAIQJzoECCEQCkoMCBcSCDExLTczZzY5SgsIGBIHMTEtMWcyM1D-hSNYhrUjYNW4I2gAcAB4AIABoQGIAcgMkgEEMjMuMZgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXo&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwiS2enpnOvoAhUpmHIEHXChB40Q4dUDCAw&uact=5

I posted yesterday asking why people don’t wait until ports commit to allowing cruise ships to dock before rebooking. If you get on a ship and can’t get off because the ports decide to keep denying entry like they have been doing, nothing was accomplished. 
Why was the post removed?

1 minute ago, Charles4515 said:

Virginia has extended your shutdown to May 8. We are shutdown here to April 30. I expect our date to be extended. Middle or end of May would not surprise me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

well i banked on towards the end of may . ,  with my may cruise only 20 percent chance of happening . still ncl has not canceled it yet . end of june looking like a real possibility to me. 

2 minutes ago, Jaxweb said:

I posted yesterday asking why people don’t wait until ports commit to allowing cruise ships to dock before rebooking. If you get on a ship and can’t get off because the ports decide to keep denying entry like they have been doing, nothing was accomplished. 
Why was the post removed?

because they wont board them ,if thats the case.  the reason it happened before was there where still cruises out in the middle of them shutting down ports. 

7 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

because they wont board them ,if thats the case.  the reason it happened before was there where still cruises out in the middle of them shutting down ports. 

The issue is some of the ships had people with COVID symptoms and the ports didn’t want to let the ship dock for that reason.

There is no guarantee that when ships start sailing again that there will never be another passenger that has symptoms or tests positive onboard. 

There has to be port cities on the ship’s itinerary that are legally committed to allow docking regardless of whether or not symptomatic passengers are reported to be onboard. 

Edited by Jaxweb

This virus is eventually going to be like the flu, point on that its pretty much unavoidable and everyone will eventually get it. You cant stop the world economy forever. Even if you get to zero new cases and zero deaths, if you start it'll eventually come up somewhere and people will get infected.

A halted economy also costs lives and probably more than covid.

Things will get rolling again soon, faster than you think.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jaxweb said:

The issue is some of the ships had people with COVID symptoms and the ports didn’t want to let the ship dock for that reason.

There is no guarantee that when ships start sailing again that there will never be another passenger that has symptoms or tests positive onboard. 

There has to be port cities on the ship’s itinerary that are legally committed to allow docking regardless of whether or not symptomatic passengers are reported to be onboard. 

that is true , but that was always the case on any sailing.  an outbreak of any kind could happen . not just covid. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Comi.uy said:

This virus is eventually going to be like the flu, point on that its pretty much unavoidable and everyone will eventually get it. You cant stop the world economy forever. Even if you get to zero new cases and zero deaths, if you start it'll eventually come up somewhere and people will get infected.

A halted economy also costs lives and probably more than covid.

Things will get rolling again soon, faster than you think.

thank you , you obviously get it .  we will be sailing off soon my friend .

Just now, seaman11 said:

that is true , but that was always the case on any sailing.  an outbreak of any kind could happen . not just covid. 

True, but there has never been an issue of every port saying “go somewhere else” for days or weeks sending the ship thousands of miles out of its planned route. 

I haven’t seen that this issue is solved 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seaman11 said:

yeah i realize ny is not happening , but maybe southern ports 

You really think the Port of Miami is going to welcome me (a New Yorker) into the State and on a cruise ship in 2 months? No way in hell that is going to happen!!!

Just now, yankees111 said:

You really think the Port of Miami is going to welcome me (a New Yorker) into the State and on a cruise ship in 2 months? No way in hell that is going to happen!!!

i see your point, however if the gov doesnt extend the stay at home order you would be free to come to miami in a few months. 

7 minutes ago, Jaxweb said:

True, but there has never been an issue of every port saying “go somewhere else” for days or weeks sending the ship thousands of miles out of its planned route. 

I haven’t seen that this issue is solved 

it happened to me on the liberty at seas during harvey,  galveston was flooded , two other ports denied us due to size of ship.  we had to sail back to miami just to refuel and on board more food. 

Edited by seaman11

1 minute ago, seaman11 said:

it happened to me on the liberty at seas during harvey,  galveston was flooded , two other ports denied us due to size of ship.  we had to sail back to miami just to refuel and on board more food. 

Natural disaster at a one port isn’t comparable to multiple preplanned ports reneging on allowing docking because of reported ill passengers or even with no reported illness and they are just scared that ill passengers were missed or they suspect the cruise line is straight out lying. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jaxweb said:

Natural disaster at a one port isn’t comparable to multiple preplanned ports reneging on allowing docking because of reported ill passengers or even with no reported illness and they are just scared that ill passengers were missed or they suspect the cruise line is straight out lying. 

i understand, but lets not get over dramatic here.  that happened in the middle of the pandemic.  once they sail again this will be much calmer and im sure they will have a good plan for a safe return. 

Edited by seaman11

1 hour ago, seaman11 said:

i see your point, however if the gov doesnt extend the stay at home order you would be free to come to miami in a few months. 

Define "few months". Normally it's 3-4 which means mid July to mid Aug.

Remember Florida is about a month behind the rest of the US, and until they lift the 14 day quarantine for any out of state people , you can't have Florida ports as options.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

i understand, but lets not get over dramatic here.  that happened in the middle of the pandemic.  once they sail again this will be much calmer and im sure they will have a good plan for a safe return. 

It’s just assuming and wishful thinking though. 
There needs to some confirmation that every port can’t just change their minds about docking while cruises are underway. 
Hope and assumptions are not enough. 
People who hopped on cruise ships in March hoped and assumed that the worse case scenario was that they would have to stay in their cabins for a few extra days if the ship was quarantined.  They assumed the ship wouldn’t sail if there was any significant risk. 
Some were even bragging about how much sick leave they had and that their bosses were OK with them extending their vacation and they had no worries. 
They had no idea that they could be delayed more than just a few days even if they never got infected. 
If all the ports still have the ability to change their minds about allowing ships to dock (not related to a natural disaster making the port out of service), this is a problem. 

17 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Define "few months". Normally it's 3-4 which means mid July to mid Aug.

Remember Florida is about a month behind the rest of the US, and until they lift the 14 day quarantine for any out of state people , you can't have Florida ports as options.

i would assume that quarantine will be lifted once the stay at home order is not in play.  many of these stay at home orders expire april 30th, i do expect some to be extended into may, but i dont think longer than that if covid numbers are falling.   also the quarantine is not for everystate, for example i live in va so there is no quarantine in florida for me. 

Edited by seaman11