new NCL rewards bonus program

bruins12

I'm not sure if this topic's been posted yet, but I'll post it anyway for those that have missed this. This program is so new that most NCL rez agents don't understand the program yet. I know the program exsists because I've recently used it.

This program was initally tested on the Dawn, but is now Fleet wide.

This is how I understand the program, as explained to me (don't quote me, but this is the basic low down)...this may not be exact, but the basics of what I understand.

This has to be done on the ship through the P&CC or within 60 days of disembarkation (I just got off the Dream)

Latitudes members only.

You have the ability to purchase Rewards Coupons for future cruises (almost like buying a gift certificate for yourself) and receive extra credit with your purchase. For example, I pre-purchased the Gold level, which is 500$ cost to me, but I will receive an extra 50$ credit, so it's actually worth 550$$. I then applied that $550. coupon towards my future reservation. You can only buy one rewards coupon per stateroom.

I think the $50.00 extra rewards credit is OB credit, I don't think it actually goes toward payment of the rez. I'm not exactly sure where this credit is applied, it might be toward the rez or OBC. Bottom line I gained an extra $50.00

This is a seperate credit than the OB credit that you get when you book on board. I booked after getting off the ship, and bought this within the 60 day window, so I get the bonus rewards credit, but not the OB credit. You can get both if you do this on board.

The other level is platnium and silver. If you buy a silver level coupon for $250, your coupon is worth $275.00 and if you buy platnium level for about 3,000$$ you get 3200$$ worth of credit.

The platnium level, can be used in different increments and doesn't have to be used all at once. But coupons are good for only certain lengths of time after you purchase them.

Also, if you buy platnium, you're labeled as VIP on the ships manifest, and get express disembarkation, etc, and other "dignitary type" amenities, even if you you use it to buy an inside stateroom. Now, to what extent does the platnium class amenities get you, i'm not sure. I'm sure they don't send a butler to an inside room, but there are some extra perks.

But bottom line you gain $200, when you buy platnium for $$3000.

It's a great program, you should check into it. It's worth the time and effort.

Keep in mind this is not official information, but I'm simply passing along the program as I understand.

We were on the Jewel in Dec and bought into the program at the gold level. On our sailing, they did not offer the silver level (although it was listed in the literature-with no information as to what that level entailed)

They gave us a $50 obc immediately for the cruise we were on

The $500 paid became a $550 coupon good toward our next cruise

We will be considered Gold Latitudes members on that cruise

We have already redeemed the coupon toward our Sept cruise to Alaska on the Star. You are correct in that the program is so new that many at NCL still aren't familiar with it. I had to get corporate involved in order to use the coupon as the down payment. I have been assured that this is how the coupon is intended to be used and that it shouldn't be a problem in the future.

I'll be watching to see if others have the same problems I did in using the coupon. But overall, it looks like a good deal to me, I figure I got $600 for my $500. In addition, at the gold level the coupon must be used within a year (ie: you have a year to book your next cruise) and if memory serves me correct the cruise must be within 3 years (or was it 2) from the date the coupon was issued (I could be wrong on that, I knew the coupon wouldn't be around that long anyway ;) so didn't pay a lot of attention to that )

-Monte

What I don't understand is that with the new Latitudes program is what about the frequent NCL cruiser. On my summer cruise, I will be at 9+ cruises which I believe puts me at Gold Level.

What is the difference between those of us who are Gold by number of cruises and those who are Gold or Platinum? Do the same type of perks offered to those with coupons apply to the frequent cruiser? I guess the only incentive for the 13+ cruiser to buy a reward coupon is for the extra credit.

Hope they get the glitches out of the program soon. There is no way I would buy into this program if the coupon was not able to be used for the deposit. Just can't see giving them $500 PLUS another $800 ($400 pp X2) up front for booking a cruise say, for March 07. Also, how does this effect the MBNA rewards certificates? Example - if the cruise was $2300 and the "deposit" was now $1300 instead of $800 under the old program, I could only use $1000 in certificates since "deposits" don't normally qualify for the program. (hope I'm making sense so early in the AM)

Have any of you Latitudes members out there actually received any documentation or brochures explaining this new program? I know that on our Nov. cruise, our room cards showed our level (bronze, silver, etc.) Other than reading about this new program here, I've heard very little.

THANKS in advance for the info.!!!

Be bought the Platinum Rewards offer on the Jewel in December. The cost is $2995. You make an initial payment onboard for $650, leaving a balance of $2345 that has to be paid in 180 days. You also receive a $100 onboard credit for the cruise you purchase the program on.

You receive $3200 in cruise money. So in essence, you pay $2995 and receive $3300 in return.

(As I posted in another thread), we are using Compass coupons and a portion of our new Rewards account to pay off the balance of a cruise we are doing in October.

If you want to full lowdown on the Rewards Program, the NCL rep who handles it is:

Laine Flynn

866 234 0292 X7004

This program seems intersting but the big question is - do you have to book your future cruise through NCL directly or can you use your TA and/or web travel sites? $300 is a nice rate of return on $3000 but not if I give it right back in a higher price than I could obtain elsewhere.

Have any of you Latitudes members out there actually received any documentation or brochures explaining this new program? I know that on our Nov. cruise, our room cards showed our level (bronze, silver, etc.) Other than reading about this new program here, I've heard very little.

THANKS in advance for the info.!!!

The new tiered Latitudes program is currently being tested on the Dawn and Jewel and has not been rolled out fleet wide.

I am having troubles with my TA and this program. First she stated that I couldn't use it for my deposit for my Feb 25th - Mar 4, 2007 NCL Sun cruise. After I finally got that squared away she came back and said that I needed to use the voucher within 1 year. When I was on the Jewel in Dec with Monte, I remember them specifically stating that I had 12 months to use the voucher but 2.5 years to sail with it. Of course we threw that away after we bought into the program. Does anyone have a copy that they can scan and email me or electronic version that states these terms?

jjprugby (at) yahoo.com

Thanks,

Justin

I am having troubles with my TA and this program. First she stated that I couldn't use it for my deposit for my Feb 25th - Mar 4, 2007 NCL Sun cruise. After I finally got that squared away she came back and said that I needed to use the voucher within 1 year. When I was on the Jewel in Dec with Monte, I remember them specifically stating that I had 12 months to use the voucher but 2.5 years to sail with it. Of course we threw that away after we bought into the program. Does anyone have a copy that they can scan and email me or electronic version that states these terms?

jjprugby (at) yahoo.com

Thanks,

Justin

Hi Justin,

I just sent you the info you need, the attachment is the copy of the bonus reward info. You have 2 1/2 years to cruise with the gold program, 4 1/2 with the Platinum.

:)

jjprugby (at) yahoo.com

Thanks,

Justin

You are correct and you have 3M of mail :)

If anyone has read the information supplied, does it make any reference at all on how the $ would be applied to a booking made in a different currency? Just wondering as we would normally expect to pay in Sterling (£).

If anyone has read the information supplied, does it make any reference at all on how the $ would be applied to a booking made in a different currency? Just wondering as we would normally expect to pay in Sterling (£).

No detail but all prices are in USD. I assume you will be faced with the exchange rate at time of use.

I am having troubles with my TA and this program.

Justin

Justin, sounds like you're running into the exact problems I had, but it also sounds like you got it all straightened out. It was frustrating, but look what you've got to look forward to now!

Let me know if you got all the info you need. I still have all my stuff and can send copies.

BTW-again, it was good meeting you guys. You and the wife make a great looking couple (and you both seem to be good people as well ;) )

-Monte

Justin, sounds like you're running into the exact problems I had, but it also sounds like you got it all straightened out. It was frustrating, but look what you've got to look forward to now!

Let me know if you got all the info you need. I still have all my stuff and can send copies.

BTW-again, it was good meeting you guys. You and the wife make a great looking couple (and you both seem to be good people as well ;) )

-Monte

I sent him your stuff :D :eek:

We too bought the gold level Latitude Bonus Rewards program while on board the Jewel in December, and we too had a bit of trouble redeeming the certificate as a deposit towards our next cruise which we have decided will also be on the Jewel next December! (Good things are worth repeating!)

When our TA attempted to apply the certificate towards the deposit, she was told this was not allowed. When I persisted, I was offered an apology and the program was applied. Then I was told that the $500. could only be applied to my husband's deposit because we charged the Bonus Rewards on his credit card, and could only be used toward the voyage cost which was less that $500! Again, I had to inform them that this is not what was explained to us when we bought the program. And again, the powers that be apologized for the misunderstanding and applied the entire $500. towards the deposit.

It seems this program is so new, and everyone has a different interpretation of it! But no matter, the problem was rectified ...and we are now anxiously awaiting our next cruise on the beautiful Jewel. (We are doing the Eastern itinerary this time!)

Monte - lost your e-mail! Would still like to get together in August when we'll be in Seattle for our Alaska cruise on RCCL Vision of the Seas! (By the way, it seems the itinerary has changed for this cruise... we will no longer be cruising Tracy Arm or Misty Fjord!...but it is still being advertised as an "Alaskan Fjord" cruise! Can you explain this? :confused: The customer service people I spoke with have not been helpful at all! And I hate to rebook with another line or ship, as we have secured aft/corner cabins for this cruise!!)

jjprugby - All the best to you and your beautiful bride!!

Ruth (and Tony):)

Ruth,

If they're not going to any glacier I'd seriously look at getting a refund a booking a different cruise (Say perhaps the Sun or Star out of Seattle). We've sailed the Vision 2 or 3 times and enjoy it but Alaska just isn't Alaska without doing a day of glacier viewing (IMO). Your glacier day would've been Tracy Arm (I think thats Sawyer glacier-but I always confuse Sawyer and Hubbard-brain block), if you do change, look for something going to Glacier Bay

-Monte

m1bisson AT yahoo.com

• 4 weeks later...

The Gold Latitudes Rewards program is driving me CRAZY!! I have spent the entire day on it so far and the results are far from satisfying. I still don't have my reservation made for the cruise! So far I have called no less than 4 different numbers and spoken with a dozen different people. Some of them (at the number given on the website to redeem your cruise!) have never even heard of it, and they refer you to a different number and on and on....you get the idea!! Others are curt and abrupt and tell me that I need to use a different number (not the one on the Rewards Bonus booklet) Give me a break!! The latest person insisted that I couldn't use the certificate for the date in question anyhow, since it was more than a year after purchase....despite the fact that NCL is selling them with the info. that you have a year to BOOK them, not to sail. (I am trying to book a Dec. 2006 cruise with a Oct. 2005 Gold Rewards Bonus). Then they graciously inform me that they have arranged to "extend" my credit, reading to me from some other documentation! NOW the ta informs me that I have to make the $500 deposit with her first before NCL says they will give me my $550 credit that I ALREADY paid for!! All I can say is NCL better get their act together, and soon! I am writing a flaming letter to them and sending it snailmail to the only address I have uncovered so far (in England). Have any others? LOL NCL should be ashamed!

Archived