new NCL rewards bonus program

bruins12

The Gold Latitudes Rewards program is driving me CRAZY!! !

I had many of the same problems when I tried to redeem my coupon but finally received an email from someone at NCL that seemed to know how the program should work (with their contact info). If you would like to see a copy of it I can forward one to you.

If interested please give me your email address.

-Monte

I had many of the same problems when I tried to redeem my coupon but finally received an email from someone at NCL that seemed to know how the program should work (with their contact info). If you would like to see a copy of it I can forward one to you.

If interested please give me your email address.

-Monte

Monte - just emailed the copies of the onboard material that you sent me to Pam. If you have more stuff I can forward as well. Better then putting an email address here.

You can't imagine what comes in the address I use here and only here even with spam filters.

For more info., see me previous post and then read other's experiences posted on the subject of redeeming the program. Still waiting to resolve this and hoping for the best. NCL just called and supposedly the ta will now be able to apply the $550 credit. (I have fingers crossed waiting to find out). He verified that the program is good for travel beyond one year as long as it is booked within a year. As for the total confusion out there in NCL land...all he could say is it is a new program! Not good enough...it has been out there for over 4 months, so they should have a grip on it by now. Buyer beware!!

Hey Shoreguy.. heard the latest? I just posted this on the other thread...they saga continues. GRRRR

How did you guys manage this??? NCL is refusing to allow my ta to use the credit as my deposit...saying that I first must deposit the required $500 and then they will use the credit to pay off the balance. This is not at all what they had advertised. I have spent countless hours on the phone, email, etc. and now this!! At least they found my Gold Rewards deposit now, even if they won't let me use it! Any advice?? I am really tired of fighting city hall. Another CC member had similar probs and gave me a phone contact person from NCL, which I will try tomorrow. I just heard from the ta tonight and until then thought that the situation was finally resolved. What a pain!

Hi Monte.... does this sound familiar?? lol

"I had to get corporate involved in order to use the coupon as the down payment. I have been assured that this is how the coupon is intended to be used and that it shouldn't be a problem in the future."

Well, here it is the future and the problem is worse than ever!! I will be calling corporate tomorrow. Got the previous problem of mixed up latitude numbers, lost gold reward cash, and then the issue of the "invalid" travel date (over a year after purchase, but only 4 months since purchase...NOT INVALD!) all worked out yesterday. And now this rears its ugly head. I should be billing NCL for all of these lost hours. Just sent off a flaming letter to corporate in Miami and London today (thinking it was resolved haha). I will try your contact person tomorrow....my ta says she can't get the deposit from NCL and I refuse to fork it over. I want my money!!! Thanks for helping!

I bought it. Where can you invest $3000, get $100 back within a week and then get $3200 back within 6 months. Pretty good interest rate. But may not be a good deal if you wait the three years to use it.

d man

Hey Shoreguy.. heard the latest? I just posted this on the other thread...they saga continues. GRRRR

How did you guys manage this??? NCL is refusing to allow my ta to use the credit as my deposit...saying that I first must deposit the required $500 and then they will use the credit to pay off the balance. This is not at all what they had advertised. I have spent countless hours on the phone, email, etc. and now this!! At least they found my Gold Rewards deposit now, even if they won't let me use it! Any advice?? I am really tired of fighting city hall. Another CC member had similar probs and gave me a phone contact person from NCL, which I will try tomorrow. I just heard from the ta tonight and until then thought that the situation was finally resolved. What a pain!

My TA ran into the same problem, but it has been taken care of. Have your TA call Laine Flynn in Pheonix. She is pretty much in charge of this rewards program. 886-234-0292 X7004

:D

I bought it. Where can you invest $3000, get $100 back within a week and then get $3200 back within 6 months. Pretty good interest rate. But may not be a good deal if you wait the three years to use it.

d man

Sounds like a good program and I'm definitely going to look into it aboard the Dawn on our sailing.

Am I reading this right...for a $500 Gold Membership you get $550 credit and for a $3000 Platinum Membership you get $3200? The math doesn't work out in my mind...the more you put down, shouldn't the credit be larger? $500 x 6 = 3000 I would expect the credit to be at least $50 x 6 = $300 if not more. Am I missing something? Proportionately there should be more incentive to give them $3000 than $500.

The accountant in me says buy two Gold memberships for $100 in total credit rather than a Platinum for $200.

Kathy :)

Sounds good, but I think I'll wait until all the kinks are worked out, and NCL knows what they are doing! :eek:

I think so too.

I must admit though that I'm not a fan of these programs where you are asked to pay cash up front for some rewards somewhere in the future.

Once the company has your money it becomes all your problem to work through the kinks, they don't have much incentive, they already have your money.

Also, many programs of this type have it in fine print somewhere that they can change the terms somewhere down the line. I haven't seen the details of the NCL program in writing ( has anyone?) so I can't say for sure that this is true of the NCL one, but I have an unpleasant feeling that many who buy this program are going to find out when they try to use it, that what they were told verbally by the person selling it to them, and what they are actually able to do with it when the time comes, are two different things.

Maybe, if you buy it and then apply it right away to a cruise that you book while still onboard it might be a good deal. Otherwise you are sort of buying pie in the sky - something which doesn't always work out as planned.

Sounds like a good program and I'm definitely going to look into it aboard the Dawn on our sailing.

Am I reading this right...for a $500 Gold Membership you get $550 credit and for a $3000 Platinum Membership you get $3200? The math doesn't work out in my mind...the more you put down, shouldn't the credit be larger? $500 x 6 = 3000 I would expect the credit to be at least $50 x 6 = $300 if not more. Am I missing something? Proportionately there should be more incentive to give them $3000 than $500.

The accountant in me says buy two Gold memberships for $100 in total credit rather than a Platinum for $200.

The $64K question - can you buy more then one package at a time icon5.gif

My guess - No. I can just imagine the confusion if you tried to book combining two accounts:eek:

6 golds gives you $350 in value (50 obc + 300)

1 platinum gives you $300 in value (100 obc + 200)

Platinum does give you more perks longer to book and to sail.

PLATINUM only Perks

Priority Restaurant Reserve

Priority Tender Tickets

Reception with Senior Staff

VIP Service

I spoke to Laine out in Arizona a couple of weeks ago so I would be as knowledgeable as possible about this prior to setting sail in April. You can only buy one rewards program PER CABIN. She had suggested that since I always book two cabins (family of 6) I could buy two rewards programs and increase the value, but would need to use it to purchase two cabins. hope that helps (btw I agree you would think the reward would be at least proportional, but that's the way it was explained to me)

I spoke to Laine out in Arizona a couple of weeks ago so I would be as knowledgeable as possible about this prior to setting sail in April. You can only buy one rewards program PER CABIN. She had suggested that since I always book two cabins (family of 6) I could buy two rewards programs and increase the value, but would need to use it to purchase two cabins. hope that helps (btw I agree you would think the reward would be at least proportional, but that's the way it was explained to me)

It makes sense that they would only allow you to use one reward per cabin, but if you were booking two cabins or two cruises my theory would apply. As shoreguy said, there are other perks with the Platinum program but to me cash is better than a perk!!! ;)

Kathy

It makes sense that they would only allow you to use one reward per cabin, but if you were booking two cabins or two cruises my theory would apply. As shoreguy said, there are other perks with the Platinum program but to me cash is better than a perk!!! ;)

I would take the cash too. I get the platinum perks the old fashion way I earned them with 15+ NCL cruises. About time they put a tiered program in place.

Not sure I like the idea of being able to buy into the perks and get a discount. As I was told you only get gold or platinum status for the cruise you book with the credit.

I would take the cash too. I get the platinum perks the old fashion way I earned them with 15+ NCL cruises. About time they put a tiered program in place.

Not sure I like the idea of being able to buy into the perks and get a discount. As I was told you only get gold or platinum status for the cruise you book with the credit.

Will those of you who have achieved Platinum from past cruises be able to keep that status? And for those of us who may be at 15+ cruises some day :) will we be eligible for perks? To me that is the best way to foster loyalty. Or is it strictly through the new reward program from now on? That would allow one time NCL cruisers to have the same benefits (although for one cruise only) as loyal customers. Sounds like the plan has some "bugs"

:) Kathy

Will those of you who have achieved Platinum from past cruises be able to keep that status? And for those of us who may be at 15+ cruises some day :) will we be eligible for perks? To me that is the best way to foster loyalty. Or is it strictly through the new reward program from now on? That would allow one time NCL cruisers to have the same benefits (although for one cruise only) as loyal customers. Sounds like the plan has some "bugs"

:) Kathy

We get to keep it. It was never in place until they started this program. Like any program it could go away as fast as it appeared.

They did on the Dawn have a couple of extra perks for the handfull of 15+ Platium members including a free dinner with wine at any specialty restaurant and privat cocktail party with the senior staff (10 passengers and 10 Staff members). Both very nice perks.

They made sure everyone new you were a valuable guest with Platinum on the key card and this on your cabin door. Nothing like a diamond and platinum.

1400958396_Dawn2_12_2006Platinum.jpg.28ae354047e0f52145fb9e15a4ff999d.jpg

We get to keep it. It was never in place until they started this program. Like any program it could go away as fast as it appeared.

They did on the Dawn have a couple of extra perks for the handfull of 15+ Platium members including a free dinner with wine at any specialty restaurant and privat cocktail party with the senior staff (10 passengers and 10 Staff members). Both very nice perks.

They made sure everyone new you were a valuable guest with Platinum on the key card and this on your cabin door. Nothing like a diamond and platinum.

Sure will put a different twist on the program when all Platinum means is "I paid $3,000 down on my cruise in advance". To me a true loyalty program would make more sense. Thanks for answering my questions so promptly :)

Kathy

This was my main concern also. I asked Brock why we would get a 20% return for a $500 investment, but only a 10% return for a $3000 investment. He explained that the extra perks are very expensive to the company, ...they will need extra concierges...parties with senior staff...etc. I'm not quite sure that I believe that, :rolleyes: but we did buy into the Platinum. The main reason for us was because you have longer to use and book the trip. I know that I will cruise again, and probably will next Feb., but I want the flexibility to be able to book when I feel like it. The 35 months sounded much better to me than having to have it booked within the next year. I have the NCL credit card, so I will cruise NCL again, but I may cruise another line next year. It just gives me more options.

Hi Monte.... does this sound familiar?? lol

"I had to get corporate involved in order to use the coupon as the down payment. I have been assured that this is how the coupon is intended to be used and that it shouldn't be a problem in the future."

I seem to recall hearing that before. The person who wrote it is surely a genius! ;)

Were you able to get in contact with Lane and was it any help?

-Monte

We bought into the program on the Jewel in December. For $500 you receive a $50 shipboard credit on your current cruise, a $500 cruise voucher, a $100 hotel voucher and a $250 resort voucher.

They tell you you have two or three years to cruise on your certificate. This is technically true, but they fail to tell you that you need to book your cruise within 1 year.

To us, the Hotel and Resort vouchers are junk. There are minimum stays etc.. that mean you get $100 off of a 3 night hotel stay that they probably bump up the rate on to recoup much of the $100.

We tried to use our cruise voucher for our cruise in March. It took no less than six phone calls to get this straightened out. My travel agent was told numberous times that there was no certificate linked to my Latatudes number, and no one at NCL (other than the rep than took care of things) had heard of the program.

It was complicated further because we booked inside of the Final Payment window. Usually, you book your cruise and make a deposit. NCL then applies your certificate value to your balance due prior to final payment. However, because our full payment was due at the time of booking, this could not be done.

My travel agent had to adjust our cruise fare by $550, and said they'd work with NCL to recoup the $550. I'm still not sure that my Certificate was every applied to my reservation.

So yes, it works and can save you some money, but I wouldn't do it again.

***Update - I Tried to do an upsell from an AF Mini Suite to an AC Penthouse Suite. I was told that The upsell price would be $3776, less the cash amount we paid for our cabin, however THE $550 CERTIFICATE WE APPLIED TO OUR BOOKING WOULD NOT COUNT TOWARDS THE UPSELL PRICE.

Archived